Chromecast restarting

Search This thread

catexecutive

Oct 10, 2013
I'm watching a media file on my Nexus 7 (Cyanogenmod) using LocalCast or a similiar app (doesn't matter which one) and after a random time period, Chomecast just restarts (?). At least it shows the spinning Chrome-icon and afterwards the default standby-wallpapers.

My router and wi-fi are fine, my tablet is fine.

Maybe it's the fault of my ROM, who knows. I just want to ask people how they fixed it if they had the same problem.

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
I'm watching a media file on my Nexus 7 (Cyanogenmod) using LocalCast or a similiar app (doesn't matter which one) and after a random time period, Chomecast just restarts (?). At least it shows the spinning Chrome-icon and afterwards the default standby-wallpapers.

My router and wi-fi are fine, my tablet is fine.

Maybe it's the fault of my ROM, who knows. I just want to ask people how they fixed it if they had the same problem.
Does it happen for all videos, or only certain ones?
Also, is your Chromecast in an enclosed area or near a heat source (yes, the TV counts)?

catexecutive

Oct 10, 2013
Does it happen for all videos, or only certain ones?
Also, is your Chromecast in an enclosed area or near a heat source (yes, the TV counts)?
To all videos and my Chromecast isn't near any heat source or similiar.

It happened to mine too once in last week. I am using tablet z stock. And I was watching YouTube only. And for few days the YouTube app in chrome cast crashing random while watching.

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium HD app
Did you get the spinning Chrome-logo-ball as well?

Thank you both for answering.

To all videos and my Chromecast isn't near any heat source or similiar.

Did you get the spinning Chrome-logo-ball as well?

Thank you both for answering.

Yes. That happened couple of days before one time. Today it's free crashing while playing videos on YouTube. I am tired of watching this.

bhiga

Oct 13, 2010
If you aren't using wall power, highly recommend switching to it, at least to reduce variables. Also try factory reset in case some internal settings have become corrupt.
Wish there was a way to force re-update of firmware for stock but I don't know of any.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.

If you aren't using wall power, highly recommend switching to it, at least to reduce variables. Also try factory reset in case some internal settings have become corrupt.
Wish there was a way to force re-update of firmware for stock but I don't know of any.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.

Did the factory reset. Not helping. To me its sounds problem on google services. But who knows.

catexecutive

Oct 10, 2013

Did both, sadly didn't help. Since venki5star is using a Stock OS, it doesn't seem to be a problem of my Cyanogenmod-installation. But who knows.

Did both, sadly didn't help. Since venki5star is using a Stock OS, it doesn't seem to be a problem of my Cyanogenmod-installation. But who knows.

I am concluding this as Google end issues. It worked better yesterday evening. Now from today morning, YouTube app started crashing again. Will try other services and let you guys know.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Works perfectly with local files through BubbleUPnP. Definitely problem in YouTube service.

Kawirider1228

Oct 31, 2010
Mine started doing this a few days ago also. Watching a Youtube clip about halfway through it just cuts off. If I have a few in a playlist, it works fine after the first video crash.

bhiga

Oct 13, 2010
I don't have problem nowadays. I am not using laptops anymore yo start the casting.
It shouldn't matter where the cast request comes from, but hey I've seen some strange things in my day so anything is possible.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-

catexecutive

Oct 10, 2013
Since I do not live in the US, I can't even use the warranty. I already have a plan how to swap out my Chromecast, but first it has to be released in my country, why should happing within the next two weeks. Apart from that I didn't have any luck getting the Chromecast to work as it should.

Last edited: