[Q] accidently flash wrong BL file...

Search This thread

corean0213

Mar 24, 2011
los angeles
i have verizon galaxy note 2 and jailbreak bootloader and flashed DN3 rom.
and i had no time to fix wifi so i went out and came back really late..my computer was off
so i just re-search on google and i just put dn3 and went in the first one...which is for GT-N7100....
and i just scroll down without checking...click the wifi fix thread for GT-N7100..and i also scroll down without checkin..
and i follow those steps....dang alcohol make me blind.. i didnt even check the file name...after i finish that..boot it up
in front of me my VZW galaxy note2 show me "SAMSUNG GT-N7100".....
so i fricked out i try to flashed STOCK I605 rom..odin give FAIL message....tried 66root VZW stock rom...again odin give me FAIL message..
and after that on the screen.... phone- -yellow triangle with exclamation mark - - computer with Firmware upgrade encountered an issue.please select recover mode in kies & try again...

what do i have to do now..:crying::crying::crying::crying:

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
i have verizon galaxy note 2 and jailbreak bootloader and flashed DN3 rom.
and i had no time to fix wifi so i went out and came back really late..my computer was off
so i just re-search on google and i just put dn3 and went in the first one...which is for GT-N7100....
and i just scroll down without checking...click the wifi fix thread for GT-N7100..and i also scroll down without checkin..
and i follow those steps....dang alcohol make me blind.. i didnt even check the file name...after i finish that..boot it up
in front of me my VZW galaxy note2 show me "SAMSUNG GT-N7100".....
so i fricked out i try to flashed STOCK I605 rom..odin give FAIL message....tried 66root VZW stock rom...again odin give me FAIL message..
and after that on the screen.... phone- -yellow triangle with exclamation mark - - computer with Firmware upgrade encountered an issue.please select recover mode in kies & try again...

what do i have to do now..:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Where is Odin giving you a fail message after? You are still able to get into recovery? If so just flash another ROM for Verizon.. Let me know.. Don't freak out though this is not a big deal;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

corean0213

Mar 24, 2011
los angeles
Where is Odin giving you a fail message after? You are still able to get into recovery? If so just flash another ROM for Verizon.. Let me know.. Don't freak out though this is not a big deal;)

i forgot to take a picture that message....and dont remember..:crying:
i can not get into recovery..only download mode...
so what i tried i extract n7100 file that i flash into my bootload and check what kind of file is in, and than i extract ROM file to get same kind of file..
and i looking around how to make .tar.md5 and done.
so i flash this file into my phone's on download mode.. i saw download gauge getting up and i thought i found out the way to fix..BUT gauge go up near to max and just stop there and does not move.. even odin dont show me any FAIL or ERROR message it just stop and im pretty sure it stop on sboot.bin section.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
i forgot to take a picture that message....and dont remember..:crying:
i can not get into recovery..only download mode...
so what i tried i extract n7100 file that i flash into my bootload and check what kind of file is in, and than i extract ROM file to get same kind of file..
and i looking around how to make .tar.md5 and done.
so i flash this file into my phone's on download mode.. i saw download gauge getting up and i thought i found out the way to fix..BUT gauge go up near to max and just stop there and does not move.. even odin dont show me any FAIL or ERROR message it just stop and im pretty sure it stop on sboot.bin section.

You need to go to droidstyle 's thread and download a Odin file with bootloader in it..Also pit file.. flash them through Odin and you should be good

corean0213

Mar 24, 2011
los angeles
Negative..This would be the one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207
you probably want to use the RAMC3

i tried to do that with pit file.. but doesnt work wirh
these message...
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> system.img
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and i attached 2 picture that on my phone
if you take a look one in odin mode ( download mode )
says:
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD : YES (9 COUNT) this number keep getting up when i flash VZW stock rom...
CURRENT BINARY : CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS : CUSTOM
WARRANTY BIT : 0
AND
another picture is when power on this shows and not going further...

Attachments

• 20140327_181529.jpg
    20140327_181529.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 20140327_132336.jpg
    20140327_132336.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

roflcoptersoisoi

Mar 4, 2014
You messed up hard core. You have to do kabols unbrick method bro or that phones a paper weight.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615587 here is the link. Good luck. Your gonna need it. That resistor is so small. Your only other option other than that is a 50 dollar jtag done by mobiletech

Last edited:

corean0213

Mar 24, 2011
los angeles
You messed up hard core. You have to do kabols unbrick method bro or that phones a paper weight.....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615587 here is the link. Good luck. Your gonna need it. That resistor is so small. Your only other option other than that is a 50 dollar jtag done by mobiletech

even i could enter download mode its hard brick?:confused::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Yup you did just about the only thing possible to brick this device. Never flash a bootloader for another device.

roflcoptersoisoi

Mar 4, 2014
Yup you did just about the only thing possible to brick this device. Never flash a bootloader for another device.

I would say you could send me your phone and I could do the unbrick method for you. But I would feel terrible if I messed it up. It does work though. but i also have jewlers tools and all that jazz. Get it jtagged and be done.

OffTheChainz

Feb 23, 2014
Florida
I say it's fixable stop giving him a heart attack...
Odin a 4.1.2 stock rom on there with a .pit
Like the one you asked about before lol

roflcoptersoisoi

Mar 4, 2014
Dude the guy that made the unbricker made it cause he did the same thing... it's not fixable without jtag or unbrick

OffTheChainz

Feb 23, 2014
Florida
Lacoursiere18 knows his stuff well. He suggested what I thought would fix it.
Previously last week Corean0213 had similar problem and got it fixed. My apologies I didn't see/overlooked he flashed GT-N7100 firmware on a SCH-1605 this week. Thinking he still didn't do the 4.3 OTA stock firmware I thought he could re flash with Odin. But guess he made a bigger boo boo then expected with wrong device firmware. :eek:uch:

Reactions: lacoursiere18

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Previously last week Corean0213 had similar problem and got it fixed. My apologies I didn't see/overlooked he flashed GT-N7100 firmware on a SCH-1605 this week. Thinking he still didn't do the 4.3 OTA stock firmware I thought he could re flash with Odin. But guess he made a bigger boo boo then expected with wrong device firmware. :eek:uch:

Thanks.. I think the problem might be if that bootloader he flashed is locked down.. If it is then I don't think odin can write over it..
I wouldn't say jtag would not work. Best thing to do is call Josh over at mobile tech videos and he'll let you know..He is reasonable and a nice guy, he won't steer you wrong..;)

Reactions: OffTheChainz

thechaoz

Dec 14, 2011
I shouldn't even of bothered but flashed a bootloader that was linked to me. Apparently the wrong one it's a n7100 and I have a i605. I've been told it's not locked and posted several times in the DN3 thread. What can I do?

BluGuy

Jun 22, 2011
Enterprise
I shouldn't even of bothered but flashed a bootloader that was linked to me. Apparently the wrong one it's a n7100 and I have a i605. I've been told it's not locked and posted several times in the DN3 thread. What can I do?

Your answer can be found in the 8th post of this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jtag will work. They would have to do the downgrade method where they remove the emmc Chip and flash it. Then proceed as normal

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Thanks.. I think the problem might be if that bootloader he flashed is locked down.. If it is then I don't think odin can write over it..
    I wouldn't say jtag would not work. Best thing to do is call Josh over at mobile tech videos and he'll let you know..He is reasonable and a nice guy, he won't steer you wrong..;)