extremely small UI

Search This thread

MrFishiz

Nov 16, 2011
Hello guys,
I have a problem , I installed the kitkat ROM and when I installed it the UI was very small and when I mean UI I mean EVERYTHING, icons, textx, overall screen resolution it was all very small and like backed away, so I installed my original PURITY rom and the UI remains small!

What can I do to fix it?

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Hi,

You changed your dpi?

Take a look in the build.prop (/system/build.prop) and take a look at the line:
Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density
It should be 480...

MrFishiz

Nov 16, 2011
I tried to accesses that folder but I can't find the system folder, I do not believe I changed anything I know how to change roms but i'm no experts on phones..

Edit: I just checked it and it's 370, no idea how it was changed.

MrFishiz

Nov 16, 2011
I just edited that I found it and it's 370, I have no idea how it was changed.
How can I fix this?

MrFishiz

Nov 16, 2011
Thank you very much hammer! you helped me a great bunch.
Mods, you guys can lock this thread.

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

370 is the default for slimkat. Not sure what others
Hi,

Yes and in Purity rom it's the default dpi (480).

But I don't know why after flashed Purity rom MrFishiz always had the Slimkat dpi... Maybe due to a dirty flash? Or a script/app that keeps the Slimkat dpi?

I remember it was happen the same thing to another user in the Purity thread (Slimkat-> Purity).

:)

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

He was on purity but flashed something else that has not been mentioned
I understood he was on Purity then he flashed Slimkat (he mentioned that all was small, normal) but even after flashed Purity after Slimkat all remains small...

So yes, maybe an info is missing here.

:)

MrFishiz

Nov 16, 2011
Here is some info for you guys,
I was on purity, I decided to clean flash slimkay, I saw the UI was small and the dictionary assist for my language was missing so I reflashed purity ( clean flash as well full wipe of everything ) and the slimkat DPI somehow remained on my phone cuasing the UI to be small even though I was using a diff rom.

Hammer's solution fixed that.

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Clean flash always means to format system manually as well. If you do not backup scripts will survive and will restore eg the DPI ;) so whenever you change a ROM format system manually in addition to the usual data wipe. Otherwise you can run in other problems as well due that every rom slightly backups different thing

About dictionary aio gapps from slim contains the full dictionaries just a BTW

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clean flash always means to format system manually as well. If you do not backup scripts will survive and will restore eg the DPI ;) so whenever you change a ROM format system manually in addition to the usual data wipe. Otherwise you can run in other problems as well due that every rom slightly backups different thing

About dictionary aio gapps from slim contains the full dictionaries just a BTW

370 is the default for slimkat. Not sure what others