[THEME][KIT KAT][n900P] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [15-06-2014]

Search This thread

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
- ClockPackage_OSup
- MultiWindowTrayService
- JobManager
- Keyguard
- MusicPlayerWT
- Popupcalculator
- SamsungIME
- SecCalculator_3d
- SecCalculator2
- SecContacts_OSup
- SecDownloadProviderUi
- SecEmail_J
- SecGallery2013
- SecLauncher4
- SecMms
- SecPhone
- SecSettings
- SPlanner_2013
- SystemUI
- framework-res
- twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
- Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install Core files Zip from below
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
- Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install latest iteration
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

Look here.

Changelog

Code:
15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
- Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
- Mms apk name corrected
- Removed themed XML's from email apk
- Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]
- n900P Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14
- ViSiON-X 2.0

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
- @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
- @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
- @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users

Last edited:

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Wow, this theme is awesome, will this work on any other variant device ie, tmo note3? This is exactly the theme I would like to run. I will give it a try, should work, most of the file structure should be the same in both.....:fingers-crossed::good:

Very good work sir, looks real nice...

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Wow, this theme is awesome, will this work on any other variant device ie, tmo note3? This is exactly the theme I would like to run. I will give it a try, should work, most of the file structure should be the same in both.....:fingers-crossed::good:

Very good work sir, looks real nice...

You Sir are just the person I have been looking for, let me what works and what doesn't. At worst, phone, contacts and MMS will probably either FC or simply not work. Once I have an idea of what's wrong I can fix it.

Make sure you back-up first.

Good Luck.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
You Sir are just the person I have been looking for, let me what works and what doesn't. At worst, phone, contacts and MMS will probably either FC or simply not work. Once I have an idea of what's wrong I can fix it.

Make sure you back-up first.

Good Luck.

lol, thanks, I sure will flash this, give me a few, I am in the middle of a quick build for the s4 guys...umm, I can't wait actually. I love the look, the dark look has always been my favorite.

Hey, could I post your link in my Sprint thread, for the peeps to have quick access? I will credit properly, and we can get some people to run this bad boy....:good::good:

And if it works on my tmo roms, I would like to post the links there also.....

Great work my friend!!:good: When @micmars puts his stamp on something, it is something I need to check out for sure...:)

Last edited:

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a
@coldmethod Thank you for supporting us sprint users. About to flash this on free3 with the 4/27 international all backs black theme already installed I'll report back if there's any issues.

Edit. Got it flashed on fre3 2.14b and no issues. Can't comment on dialer, contacts, mms theming due to already having flashed modified versions of those files that were pre themed to make this theme invert them properly. Can't find the link right now but they were posted in the fre3 thread by @micmars. 2 thinks are still not themed though. The notification bar and the wifi calling toggle.
rezavu3y.jpg

ava5y4eq.jpg

Neither bother me that much as I usually have wifi calling disabled and it's mostly gray when disabled and I can use Wanam to make the notification bar black.
Really loving this theme keep up the great work.
Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crevis24

Feb 4, 2008
Raleigh
Anybody know if this will flash on a sprint s4 running 4.4.2 tw? I will try it out and see, but I was just curious if anyone else had tested it yet. Looks great!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GavinMazey

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
2 thinks are still not themed though. The notification bar and the wifi calling toggle.

Hey GavinMazey,

I will fix the wifi calling toggle in the next update, as for the notification bar this is a per ROM mod, I didn't have it set out clearly enough in the OP (fixed now) but here it is.

Enhancements

* Semi-Transparent Notification/Status screen;

For the above enhancements please pull the below files from your device, upload to your favourite file sharing site then PM me the link.

system\framework\framework-res.apk
system\framework\twframework_res.apk
system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk

Please also include a link to the ROM.

If you do the above I will create a file specific to your ROM that will fix the notification bar.

Anybody know if this will flash on a sprint s4 running 4.4.2 tw? I will try it out and see, but I was just curious if anyone else had tested it yet. Looks great!

Hey crevis24, this might better serve you. The thread is maintained by the creator of this theme @Kdio, be sure to thank him for his brilliant work.

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update.

This is untested as I'm flying blind, but it should be all good.

08/06/2014

- Mms apk name corrected

If there are any issues let me know asap.

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a
@coldmethod new version is running great so far. I noticed that mms isn't being themed properly on newest update.
anetajah.jpg
I will also upload the 3 files for the notification mods for fre3 in the next day or 2. He just posted that an update will be coming in that time frame so I'll give you the new files as soon as I get them. One question though does the theme need to be applied before I pull the files or can I just take them from the zip?

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
@coldmethod new version is running great so far. I noticed that mms isn't being themed properly on newest update. One question though does the theme need to be applied before I pull the files or can I just take them from the zip?

Yeah the MMS issue is bizarre considering nothing was changed on it except the name. I'm looking into it now.

The three files can be pulled from your device or the Zip, but from the Zip is easier.

Thanks for the report.

Reactions: Kdio and GavinMazey

Jocutz1987

Oct 29, 2008
tampa
Hi All,

08/06/2014

- Mms apk name corrected

I don't have any issues I been looking and can't fine anything but the voice mail icon on the dialer but that's not a bother

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: coldmethod

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a
@coldmethod

I've been messing around and in the op of fre3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671779 there is a inverted dialer, contacts, mms zip the apps aren't fully inverted b&w like yours. So I pulled the mms.apk from there and the mms.apk vrthemer folder from your International theme, unzipped the n900 theme and placed the files I'm their respective locations then zipped it back up and flashed. Here's the result.

edit...wrong image, fixed now
9upa9a2y.jpg

Also send me a pm if you'd like me to test your new mms fix. I have a fresh backup.

Last edited:

Jocutz1987

Oct 29, 2008
tampa
@coldmethod here is the pictures and also for the one hand just to show you how it is if you find anything different ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1402286256269.jpg
    1402286256269.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 1402286307583.jpg
    1402286307583.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 224

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
    Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
    - ClockPackage_OSup
    - MultiWindowTrayService
    - JobManager
    - Keyguard
    - MusicPlayerWT
    - Popupcalculator
    - SamsungIME
    - SecCalculator_3d
    - SecCalculator2
    - SecContacts_OSup
    - SecDownloadProviderUi
    - SecEmail_J
    - SecGallery2013
    - SecLauncher4
    - SecMms
    - SecPhone
    - SecSettings
    - SPlanner_2013
    - SystemUI
    - framework-res
    - twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
    - Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install Core files Zip from below
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
    - Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    - Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
    - Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install latest iteration
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

Look here.

Changelog

Code:
    15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- Mms apk name corrected

[B]06/06/2014[/B]
    - n900P Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14
    - ViSiON-X 2.0

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
    - @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
    - @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
    - @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users
    Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update to the core files.

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

If there are any issues let me know.

Happy Flashing.
    Update

Hi All,

See OP for update.

09/06/2014

- Dialler icons fixed

There is also an enhanced file in the OP for the fre3 & VISION-X users.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers.
    Any noticeable improvement with battery life?

Have a look at the below...

Objective:

Speaking from my own experience I can't honestly say, I have been using a blacked out theme for so long I can't remember what the battery was like before. There are those that say it works wonders and those that disagree, as with all things. I use it because I like the look. Give it a go and find out yourself, make a backup, flash and test. Plus you can always just dirty flash to wipe the theme if you're not happy. Let us know how it works for you.

Good Luck.

Hi All,

Thanks.
    Update

Hi All,

08/06/2014

- Mms apk name corrected