Google voice VoIP

Search This thread

RK

Feb 8, 2012
If you have a Google voice number like me, you are probably sad that all the third party apps that enabled VoIP using Google voice on android have stopped working. Like grooveip and talkatone.

Well here is a good news.. You can use VoIP calls from your android device. You need to do two things

1) Enable hangouts instead on talk in gmail
2) Download opera browser (any browser that can fake a desktop UA might work. I use opera)

Now, change the user agent to desktop in opera browser and call using hangouts in gmail like you usually do on a PC and it works!!!

If you already knew this, good for you. I didn't and I just found out so I am sharing an option till Google releases full hangouts Google voice integration.

Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Reactions: macallik and abumy
Jun 20, 2014
If you have a Google voice number like me, you are probably sad that all the third party apps that enabled VoIP using Google voice on android have stopped working. Like grooveip and talkatone.

Well here is a good news.. You can use VoIP calls from your android device. You need to do two things

2) Download opera browser (any browser that can fake a desktop UA might work. I use opera)

Now, change the user agent to desktop in opera browser and call using hangouts in gmail like you usually do on a PC and it works!!!

If you already knew this, good for you. I didn't and I just found out so I am sharing an option till Google releases full hangouts Google voice integration.

Enjoy!

Does this only work in Opera browser or other browsers as well?

I have been looking for alternate routes for Voip...

abumy

Mar 18, 2014

Enjoy!

Thanks. I am especially bitter about this issue as I reside abroad and came to depend on Google voice.

I hope they rather, and soon, integrate features into hangouts for it. The fact they haven't is annoying.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy!