Release: I9000XFJM6 - Multi CSC(s) Europe

Search This thread

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
Few facts about this version:

INTERNAL release (not official, obviously)
It is 2.1 Eclair
Build time: 2010.08.17 17:22:38 KST
Changelog: Unknown
PDA version I9000XFJM6, MODEM version I9000XXJM3
All CSC versions are I9000???JM1 and unbranded, but CSC´s for specific operators (Vodafone for example) are included.

Compared to XWJM6 release from yesterday, this version has most of the apps updated. However this firmware has limited language support, but the major languages are included. Swype version also is lacking some of the languages.

This version is larger than the XWJM6 because there is some background images, mp3´s and a demo movie included.

I have not modified the code in any way, although I have repacked the release to make CSC selection possible.

Usually Odin3 images are provided in a single integrated .tar package which contain all of the necessary files. This way the CSC cannot be selected separately.

That is why I splitted the release in three different parts (CODE, MODEM, CSC).
Since Odin3 has flashfile checksum support I also added md5 hash tail to the .tar files. This way is more secure because Odin will not allow flashing corrupted images. Flashing takes a bit longer thou because the checksums are checked in the beginning of the update process.

You need to download two files.
GT-I9000_I9000XFJM6_I9000XXJM3_CODE-MODEM.rar
CSC_I9000???JM1 (CSC of your selection)

I know this is not nearly all of the excisting variants, but repacking the softwares is quite a slow process for certain reasons. I have access to pretty much any Samsung firmware, so if you find a variant missing you can send me pm. I can have a look.

Here is the description of CSC´s (included country variants):

DBT (Germany specific)
OXA *Multi CSC* (for France, Germany, Italy, Poland, UK, UK & Ireland)
OXE *Multi CSC* (for Baltic, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine)
OXX *Multi CSC* (for Austria, Baltic, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Switzerland)

BMC *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Custom apps: (Canada)
HUI Branded: (Tre - H3G Italy)
OLB *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Branded: (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
OPS Unbranded / Custom apps: (Optus Australia)

XEE - Nordic: (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden).

TMN Branded: (TMN Portugal)

Download links:

GT-I9000_I9000XFJM6_I9000XXJM3_CODE-MODEM.rar

CSC_I9000DBTJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXAJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXXJM1.rar

CSC_I9000BMCJH2.rar

CSC_I9000HUIHUI.rar

CSC_I9000OLBJG4.rar

CSC_I9000OPSJG1.rar

CSC_I9000XEEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000TMNJM1.rar

Special request:

I9000OXAJF6
Mock-up, check post #182 for further information.

Extract the downloaded .rar archives to the same folder.
The archives are contain .tar.md5 files. Do not open them with Winrar for example. They are compressed Odin images which do not need unpacking.

So how to proceed:

Put your phone to download mode (hold down: volume down, home key, power)

DO NOT plug in your phone yet, Odin / driver does not like it at this stage.

Start Odin3

Tick "Re-Partition", check that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" have been ticked.

Click "PIT" button and select s1_odin_20100512.pit file.

Plug in the phone and wait until Odin finds it.
Click "Start" button... <Firmware update start...> <Get PIT for mapping...> appear. The phone will turn off and the screen indicates "Reset". Wait until Odin indicates "Pass".

Plug out your phone, remove the battery, put it back in and put phone to download mode again.

Click "Reset" button in Odin and untick "Re-Partition" box.

DO NOT select PIT file again.

Click "PDA" button and select "CODE_I9000XWJM6.tar.md5" file.
Click "MODEM" button and select "MODEM_I9000XXJM3.tar.md5" file.
Click "CSC" button and select the desired version "CSC_I9000???JM1.tar.md5".

Plug in the phone and wait until Odin finds it.
Click "Start" button and wait until phone reboots with the new software version.

When using *Multi CSC* you need to type *#272*????# after the flash (in dialer). ???? being the current time displayed by phone. For example if the time is currently 6.25pm you need to type *#272*0625#. Then select the desired CSC version from the list and press "Install".

Regards.

- Nottingham

MoWa22

Aug 6, 2010
Languages included in XFJM6 release Swype:

English
Deutsch
Français
Italiano
Nederlands
Español
Português Europeu
Polski
Türkçe
Korean (?)
Hrvatski
Românâ
Srpski
Slovenščina

It should be possible to uninstall Swype using Titanium Backup, reboot, then install another Swype release. I actually did that when I tried a firmware without danish Swype.

Anyone see any differences in this new release? Any noticeable changes in apps?

DocRambone

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Impressive rom: gps lock on 10+ satellites, even with snr under 15 and hold them rock solid: BEST i ever seen on SGS.

balenax

Mar 6, 2009
Bucuresti
Richthofen, i see you are getting some nice firmwares :), thanks a bunch. Just a small question : any hope for a decent froyo rom in the near future ? :)

BackfireNL

Nov 11, 2009
Haarlem
Do they lock under 20db? Can you please root it and get some real evidence for us! because i am getting crazy of flashing firmwares and restoring hoping it fixes the GPS/Lag

You can root it my method. and download the screenshot app from the market!

If you would do this for the community we are really gratefull

DocRambone

Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Do they lock under 20db? Can you please root it and get some real evidence for us! because i am getting crazy of flashing firmwares and restoring hoping it fixes the GPS/Lag

You can root it my method. and download the screenshot app from the market!

If you would do this for the community we are really gratefull

Already rooted and building a custom rom already.
I post a screen later

DocRambone

Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Screen of gps:
(inside my house)

Attachments

• snap20100825_213921.jpg
    snap20100825_213921.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 778

kimba19

Aug 8, 2010
Hi, has anyone a (current) CSC file from the Austrian mobile phone provider Hutchison Three of Austria ", Thanks for the efforts kimba19