[BOOT ANIMATIONS] by Dr.Romca - Quietly Rooted!

Search This thread

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Here is a new bootanimation! HTC - Quietly Rooted (credits to ogo2 for the idea)
picture.php

STOCK_DL - Quietly Rooted, CM6_DL - Quietly Rooted

STOCK_DL installs in SYSTEM:customize/resource DIR...
CM6_DL installs in SYSTEM:media DIR...

Files are signed zips - so install like a ROM.

Our friend JonasDroid has prepared us a blend between Quietly rooted and loopy part of the other animation + some modification.
Screenshots here, Download bootanimation.zip HERE - NOT flashable!

These are some other Boot Animations I created, Enjoy :D

Any Ideas to make bootanimations are wellcomed !!!

picture.php
picture.php

STOCK_DL - Snake, CM6_DL - Snake

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

STOCK_DL - AmiBIOS, CM6_DL - AmiBIOS

This one has the BIOS part as the before, but the looping part is Knight Rider-like ;)
picture.php
picture.php

STOCK_DL - AmiBIOS + Knight Rider, CM6_DL - AmiBIOS + Knight Rider

This one I made from the Fringe theme...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

STOCK_DL - Fringe, CM6_DL - Fringe

Last edited:

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
It does, you just need to set-up you xml settings in /system/customize/CID/***.xml (depending on what CID you use)
it is a line at the end of the file and you need to have there this:
Code:
<BootAnimation 
          animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" />

Lostpassword

Aug 10, 2010
i've a question, i'm using vodafone froyo rom with blayo's custom kernel and aufs enabled.

When i try to install this bootscreen i send "adb remount" and when i modify that file (default.xml) i see that simply i didn't been modified o_O

i explain: in my default.xml i got

Code:
    <BootAnimation image="/system/customize/resource/splash1_HTC_Branding_320x480.gif" image2="/system/customize/resource/HTC_Legend_VF_Start_ani.gif" useAudio="0" />

i modify that via "vi" into adb shell with:

Code:
    <BootAnimation image="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" useAudio="0" />

i save and close the file, and when i reopen it i'm still seeing the old string.

Any suggestion?

kuklux

Aug 12, 2010
i've a question, i'm using vodafone froyo rom with blayo's custom kernel and aufs enabled.

When i try to install this bootscreen i send "adb remount" and when i modify that file (default.xml) i see that simply i didn't been modified o_O

i explain: in my default.xml i got

Code:

i modify that via "vi" into adb shell with:

Code:

i save and close the file, and when i reopen it i'm still seeing the old string.

Any suggestion?

Bootanimation animation= not image

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Exactly, you need to have there this:
Code:
<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip" />

And have you tried to pull the file out, edit it and push it back? I think that will work...

you can also make a signed zip file out of it, that will definitely work...

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
How can I build your bootanimation into rom zip file. It is not practical to flash it always when updating CM rom.

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Reactions: qzem

ogo2

Oct 15, 2008
Sofia
Can you make an animation like the original one, but with "quietly rooted" caption? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a new bootanimation! HTC - Quietly Rooted (credits to ogo2 for the idea)
    picture.php

STOCK_DL - Quietly Rooted, CM6_DL - Quietly Rooted

STOCK_DL installs in SYSTEM:customize/resource DIR...
    CM6_DL installs in SYSTEM:media DIR...

Files are signed zips - so install like a ROM.

Our friend JonasDroid has prepared us a blend between Quietly rooted and loopy part of the other animation + some modification.
    Screenshots here, Download bootanimation.zip HERE - NOT flashable!

These are some other Boot Animations I created, Enjoy :D

Any Ideas to make bootanimations are wellcomed !!!

picture.php
    picture.php

STOCK_DL - Snake, CM6_DL - Snake

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

STOCK_DL - AmiBIOS, CM6_DL - AmiBIOS

This one has the BIOS part as the before, but the looping part is Knight Rider-like ;)
    picture.php
    picture.php

STOCK_DL - AmiBIOS + Knight Rider, CM6_DL - AmiBIOS + Knight Rider

This one I made from the Fringe theme...
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

STOCK_DL - Fringe, CM6_DL - Fringe
    Knight Rider one:
    Invalid or Deleted File.
    Would u mind to upload it again?
    Fixed, sorry for that :)

Nice job friend. Thanks for this.
    Thanks! finally some positive feedback :D
    How can I build your bootanimation into rom zip file. It is not practical to flash it always when updating CM rom.
    Just unzip the file, extract the bootanimation.zip from system/media, put it in your ROM to the same location...

Many thx doc, it work'd :)
    great!

Very cool. Thanks for your hard work :)
    I'm glad you like it!
    Splash1 image

I have made a splash1 image to make the quietly rooted animation "flow" better. S-OFF users only

To install:

1. Download the zip file
    2. Extract it to a known location
    3. View the image file in the zip, that way you know what you're flashing :D
    4. Copy the splash1.img file to your AndroidSDK/tools directory (make sure fastboot is present)
    5. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode (in CM reboot to bootloader, you're there. Else power off, then power on with the back button held)
    6. Code:
      fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
    7. Reboot and enjoy ;)

EDIT:

Why does this boot animation just disappear when the animation is complete? The text writes itself out, then the screen goes black...

EDIT 2:

A video so you see the whole boot process with this splash1 installed. Extra points if you name the piece of music in the background ;) (It's very faint) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQZaL8KqiKM
    OK i finally managed to get the looping like it should
    Looks like you need 2 extra maps in order to get it to loop (even if you don't use the 1 extra map)
    I've attached bootanimation.zip (THIS IS NOT FOR FLASHING!!)
    Rename it to bootanimation.zip before you push it.
    You should push it to the right directory depending on the ROM u use (e.g. /system/media for CM)
    Here are some screenshots:
    quietlyrooted028.png
    quietlyrooted040.png

Since I'm not that good in the grafical stuff I used the things I've found on the first page and combined them to something I like :D
    I use one with my name written too that looks even nicer but don't think you guys would like my name on your phone :p

You can add it to the first post if you want. But please mention my name (It took me quite some time to create two versions of it (one for me and one for this forum)) but I'm glad I can do something for this forum I hope some of you will enjoy this :D (otherwise I've wasted my time xD)

EDIT: forgot to mention if it loops too fast for you, you can change the value of the fps in the desc.txt I just like speed :p