Cm9 Nova HD issues

Search This thread

Ksipolitos

Apr 16, 2012
Greece, Athens
Many people have installed this ROM, and many people have different issues in this ROM as I am having battery issue and does anyone have any solutions for this?:sly:

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

When i start using this rom I have many problems...
Dont forget when flash the rom and the kernel you must leave it to for 5 hours or more and you must not doing nothing with your phone...
when the time pass and you have the same issues do full wipe and again the same...
Its a rule when you change rom you must leave your phone to sleep for some time...!! :rolleyes:

weirdal_1

Nov 23, 2011
i had the same issue about the battery drain, my screen percent is 85% and when im not using my phone the cell standby goes to 90%.

i already done this stuff:
-my screen display is low
-i had battery calibration
-follow battery saving tips
-CPU governor POWERSAVE
-ril and bb 725

does anyone have suggestions or solution?

sorry for causing a problem and sorry for my bad english.. thank you :)

same issue as well.

switching the phone to airplane mode before sleeping, but still it drops more than 10% over 7 hours! not sure what exactly is hogging the resource when the phone is idling.

Blackbirdxx9

Apr 17, 2012
Wich Kernel is best for Nova HD?

Hi!

I have installed latest Version of Nova HD-Rom and Kernel Supernova 3.0.28 -RC4.

My Phones is running stable with this constellation, but i have Problems with some Apps.

Wich Kernel I should use instead of Supernova??

Btw. BB/Ril 725

Thanx a lot!!

slebit

Dec 3, 2010
Hi!

I have installed latest Version of Nova HD-Rom and Kernel Supernova 3.0.28 -RC4.

My Phones is running stable with this constellation, but i have Problems with some Apps.

Btw. BB/Ril 725

Thanx a lot!!

Use harsh kernel. There is a problem with root on supernova rc4.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Blackbirdxx9

Blackbirdxx9

Apr 17, 2012
Thx!

Now i have an other issue...
can't connect to 2G Network....only 3G is working...

Someone got this issue too?

Last edited:

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
When i start using this rom I have many problems...
Dont forget when flash the rom and the kernel you must leave it to for 5 hours or more and you must not doing nothing with your phone...
when the time pass and you have the same issues do full wipe and again the same...
Its a rule when you change rom you must leave your phone to sleep for some time...!! :rolleyes:

what are you talking about ?

Blackbirdxx9

Apr 17, 2012
Hi!

Btw. BB/Ril 725

Thanx a lot!!

Hi again!

I switched back to Supernova Kernel 3.0.28-RC3R and everything is fine again.
With the Harsh-Kernel, the Cam-App was not usable...

Now waiting for the root-Fix for RC4 ;)

btw: THX to all developers out there! I bow to your work!

N1ght21

Mar 28, 2012
NOVA HD

I installed the last version, (FULL WIPE, DATA,CACHE,DALVIK)

but i always have the same issue with play store and downloads :/

i can browse in play store and stock browser, excellent speed, omg good battery, all excellent.

BUT i cant download anything. the message appears downloading, but nothing happens (2g/3g). Only with Wi-Fi i can download, from store and browser.

i tried everything, clearing caches changing rils, (it could be the baseband? )

HELP please u.u

BTW, about the last update i prefer NovaHD_RC22-41 no issues at all (except the mentioned above)

godofice

Apr 21, 2012
BUT i cant download anything. the message appears downloading, but nothing happens (2g/3g). Only with Wi-Fi i can download, from store and browser.

Does it just display "Downloading" forever or is is there a notification of a failed update?

Can you try to install some logcat application and post the log after triggering a download via 2g/3g? That should us some more info than your current description...

(And... shouldnt be necessary after a full wipe - just for the sake of trying ... delete the Google Play Store data via the apps menu)

Gabb1995

Feb 20, 2012
When are they gonna release 4.0 for optimus 2x so I can record videos again?
Do you know how I can record videos for now with this ROM? I tried Videocam Illusion but it lags a lot and the video records very skippy.

Syriochan

Sep 9, 2010
Pescara
I'm postin it here because i haven't 10 post yet....
Yesterday i installed the RC24-50 and:

-in the Aroma installer there's not harsch kernel, only supernova and HP (i believe harsch is supernova and the dev didn't updated aroma) so i flashed harsch kernel 2804 on it.

-I'm experiencing something, i believe it's called sleep-of-death: my phone was locked for 20 mins or so and when i pressed the on/off button to wake it up it didn't. So i tried to press the button for ~10-15 secs but nothing happened, i pulled off the battery and turned up the phone. After half an hour it happened again but this time when i pressed the on/off button for 5 secs it started up with the lg logo. I've been testing the phone for two hours but it didn't happened again. Is it normal?

EDIT: it happened again this morning...

Last edited:

pennywhais

Feb 16, 2011
3g problem

Hi, I have a problem whit my 3g, I can't navigate whit 3g or 2g connection, I call and send SMS but I can't use internet only Wi-Fi, I'm from Latin America more specific Venezuela, sorry for my English and thanks all...

jordantr

Mar 12, 2012
London
Hello,

Anyone having connection problems with google play store? reflashed Gapps twice and still didn't change anything.

Getting "no connection" error even though I can still surf on Dolphin and chrome.

If anyone knows a fix, please let me know

I think its rom's problem, for me is the same so I got back to cm7.2

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could say the same about your lack of working roms.

Lol hei did you just steal a kernel? i think so :rolleyes:

Then why don't you make your own ROM instead of trolling?
    Developers get nothing from you so I don't think you have the right to trash talk
    No one force and want you to stay in this "Useless, no working ROMs" 2X community.

If you don't understand what is open soucre and GPL, I don't mind.
    I agree that I have "stolen" a lot from every kernels, those things I "stolen" is KNOWLEDGE.

I will stop replying. Use my time doing something good is greater than dealing with some trouble guys.

Have a nice day :)
    Want me to upload a video of me first 2 times wipe factory system dalvic and battery stats and boot it up and see the FC?

Is it really necessary? oh and i cant get a stable data connection or status bar on your build also.

It cant be my hardware as someone else said as these issuses are across a few phones now and it seems that no one cares about errors.

Build your own error free rom if you don't satisfy with every rom. You are not our customer, we just share our work. Why we get nothing from you but need to listen to those f**king words?
    Use a better attitude, stop trolling
    Build your own error free rom if you don't satisfy with every rom. You are not our customer, we just share our work. Why we get nothing from you but need to listen to those f**king words?
    Use a better attitude, stop trolling

Friend... Don't care about this useless boy

Sent from DjangoManouche!
    How to flash only kernel without flashing cm9 ROM?

You flash the kernel in cwm as an normal rom. I wipe dalvik cache after I flash i new kernel, but I don't now if that I necessary.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Download the .zip file of the kernel u want to flash...put it in sd card..go into the CWM recovery and then flash it...Be sure to make a nandroid backup before

Sent from my Awesome LG-P990 using xda premium