[Q] Root help

Search This thread

AnAndroidUser

Apr 5, 2013
Berryville
Like I did about my GS2 a few hours ago, I'm requesting root help with my 2012 Nexus 7. And once again, I need a kind of "Rooting for Dummies" step-by-step, or something as simple as Framaroot. But since Framaroot and Nexus-es aren't pals, I'm at a loss.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Because the stickies and guides walking you through literally every step is too hard and requires you to make multiple threads?

If the directions that have already been supplied are too difficult for you then you simply don't need to root it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

AnAndroidUser

Apr 5, 2013
Berryville
The duplicate thread was an accident, and I apologize. Plus, the sticky is for Jelly Bean and I'm on KK. So, there. There's the reason I made a thread about how to root. Sorry if I've never done techy stuff like you before, rotting everything and all, but I'm brand new to this and all I ask is for someone to take... 10 minutes out of their whole day to help a novice root-er.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
It doesn't matter what version of android you are on. Rooting a nexus device hasn't changed in years... Unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, install supersu.zip

Sent from my Nexus 5

D

Darth

Yeah....sorry...but xda is all about reading, searching and learning. Gotta do homework. One, its in the xda rules....and 2....you'll be less likely to brick your device if you learn about this stuff....instead of asking and getting easy answers. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...