HTC Desire 700-Screen Blank after logo

Search This thread

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
Hi all, I was successful in rooting my HTC-Desire 709d and tried to change the resolution of my device through resolution changer app, from 240 to 255 dpi. AFter reboot, the device boots in to HTC logo and then screen goes blank.

Im in sh*t now, don't no whether the phone is bricked or unable to load the dpi,

when I charge phone with power off, the LED lights and battery charging animation shows up.

I can boot in to recovery as well.

Some body please help in find the solution..Please PLease please

sheru7

Apr 5, 2014
Hi all, I was successful in rooting my HTC-Desire 709d and tried to change the resolution of my device through resolution changer app, from 240 to 255 dpi. AFter reboot, the device boots in to HTC logo and then screen goes blank.

Im in sh*t now, don't no whether the phone is bricked or unable to load the dpi,

when I charge phone with power off, the LED lights and battery charging animation shows up.

maybe thats because of changing dpi..have you taken nandroid backup?
if yes..then try restoring it.
if no then try to reset your stock rom using odin. it will definitely solve your pro :)

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
My pc does recognize the phone but unable to install MTP drivers, so im unable to access adb mode.

device not found error!!!

Somebody reply with a solution....

Some body please at least upload build.prop file for this device - HTC Asia India version - Desire 700-709d

CP5DWG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-0.31.0000
OS-1.80.720.6
eMMC-BOOT 1024MB
SECUDE BOOT- Disabled

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle

resolution changer only works 1/2 of the time, flash a rom in recovery.

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
no hard feelings, just read the entire thread next time :)

Happy to see your responses, but unfortunately, there is no stock or custom rom available with me or on the net. Been to service center and explained them what happened, they are asking me to change Mobo for a cost, since the device lost its warranty. Just made my try to tell them to flash the required rom file and even boot files from recovery, but they denied to do so, due to some HTC rules.

The phone can very well enter in to fastboot and recovery.

When charging with power off, the battery % icon works well. Does it mean that system is intact and working but lost some of vital files???

If any body by chance come across a link to fine the rom for this model, pls share....

Thanks

Jay.

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
SOLVED!!!

Try factory reset, it should work.

I spoke to HTC, the other day, and told them what happened...I simply argued that Mobo change should be in such cases where there is physical damage or I made S-off and over written the Nand partition. Since the S-on is very much present, and that that the boot-loader is showing all stock OS and firmware versions, why don't they just instruct the CC to flash the stock files once again. I told them that unless the CC receive an instruction from HTC, they cannot proceed forward. HTC was kind enough to understand and they instructed the CC to soft repair the set. Since there is not hardware tamper done and its only the software crash, they took the case upon my request.

Possibly my phone will be back in couple of days.....

Thanks for all the answers from your end....

Will update you once I receive the set soon....

Cheers

Hamaada

Dec 27, 2014
pleeeeeease help me

hi i have rooted mine desire 709d , after reboot the device boots in to HTC logo and then screen goes blank. and i can't find any rec img or rom even the site ( ir files ) i have found need membership and payment ! can any one help me to download the files for free :)