[Q] Trouble installing custom ROM SafeStrap ME7 stuck

Search This thread

karulio

Feb 7, 2010
I have a fresh ME7 recovery installed, rooted, and Safestrap 3.71 recovery installed. I have followed at instructions that I have found in the general forum, and still after creating a ROM slot in Safestrap, and installing both a Custom ROM and the ME7 modules, and even after a "successful" install, once the phone reboots, it goes to the little robot asking if I want to continue or go back to recovery and continues to loop back to the screen. I have been trying to install Jelly 'Beans' - Build 7 which I read in a thread was one of the few custom ROMS safestrap can use. Now I have installed the same Custom ROM this way before, but it has been several months and by trying to get back into the scene and upgrading to a newer ROM, I messed my phone up and cannot get it to load a custom ROM and I am stuck at the normal stock. Please help!!!!1!

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
I have a fresh ME7 recovery installed, rooted, and Safestrap 3.71 recovery installed. I have followed at instructions that I have found in the general forum, and still after creating a ROM slot in Safestrap, and installing both a Custom ROM and the ME7 modules, and even after a "successful" install, once the phone reboots, it goes to the little robot asking if I want to continue or go back to recovery and continues to loop back to the screen. I have been trying to install Jelly 'Beans' - Build 7 which I read in a thread was one of the few custom ROMS safestrap can use. Now I have installed the same Custom ROM this way before, but it has been several months and by trying to get back into the scene and upgrading to a newer ROM, I messed my phone up and cannot get it to load a custom ROM and I am stuck at the normal stock. Please help!!!!1!

I'm not too familiar with Safestrap, but I believe if you want to run a JB 4.3 based rom you'll need to first upgrade to 4.3 stock (odin to MK2), then root/safestrap and install the rom with the matching 4.3 base/modules.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

3.71 safestrap not for ME7

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I'm not too familiar with Safestrap, but I believe if you want to run a JB 4.3 based rom you'll need to first upgrade to 4.3 stock (odin to MK2), then root/safestrap and install the rom with the matching 4.3 base/modules.

He's trying to flash beans ROM which was never updated to 4.3

As Bob said, you have the wrong version of safestrap if you want to stay on ME7

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app