Mini Comparison G3 Screen and Size S5, Note 3

Search This thread

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Here is a comparison between the G3, S5, and Note 3 screens. As you can see the AMOLED is heavily saturated when compared to the G3. The 2k screen stands out in comparison with the amount of detail that it displays. The blacks are close in color to me at least, but you can be the judge of that. All of the phones were on AUTO brightness for consistency. Pictures were taken with the S5 and the Note 3 respectively.
The G3 is a comfortable size, and I prefer its size over that of my wife's S5. I really enjoyed my Note 3, but this phone just feels much better, and the back buttons really make a difference.

EDIT Updated:
(I had another picture but the file got corrupted for some reason, I'll retake it and post it here)

Last edited:

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Thanks for this but I think it would be better if you used the same background on all the phones so you can see the difference better vs different background pics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ziggazee

Jan 23, 2009
The picture of earth is technically a 4K or greater (5200x3000) wallpaper, but yes the 2K wall papers do make the most of the display.

Here is the image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3GEgvf7JJtWdVh2US1RTjJ0R28/edit?usp=sharing

Yea I want to see high resolution pictures to see if that extra ppi shows more details. Here's a link for some high resolution wallpapers from another tread on XDA.

http://www.mylgphones.com/download-more-high-res-wallpapers-2880x2560-for-lg-g3.html

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas

ziggazee

Jan 23, 2009
S5 would be better. Also how are you finding the scree compered to them?

hamad138

Mar 3, 2012
Anyone noticing the scratch on the display? Gorilla Glas 3 is the worst Glas from Corning, hopefully Apple will end this with Saphire Glas

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Here are the requested wallpapers applied to the phone. (You can also see that it's not scratched)

Sent from my LG-F400S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1403484158554.jpg
    1403484158554.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 1403484179195.jpg
    1403484179195.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 514
Reactions: ziggazee

ziggazee

Jan 23, 2009
Here are the requested wallpapers applied to the phone. (You can also see that it's not scratched)

Looks really nice.. Kind of over saturated but not as bad as amoled panels. Was a big fan of amoled screens but now I prefer more accurate display. I think amoled screen make pictures look really good and punchy but lcd panels are better for viewing videos. Amoled screens are the worst for viewing dark scenes in movies and has terrible ghosting. Do you prefer the s5 screen or g3?

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Looks really nice.. Kind of over saturated but not as bad as amoled panels. Was a big fan of amoled screens but now I prefer more accurate display. I think amoled screen make pictures look really good and punchy but lcd panels are better for viewing videos. Amoled screens are the worst for viewing dark scenes in movies and has terrible ghosting. Do you prefer the s5 screen or g3?

I prefer the G3, when I use my wife's S5 it's like you are downgrading honestly. The G3's screen feels more accurate to me and the size is much better for reading through text and as you stated watching videos. I had a Note 3 before this became my daily phone so if that gives you any insight.

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
That LG looks sweet. Cant wait for US Version

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ziggazee

Jan 23, 2009
Anyone noticing the scratch on the display? Gorilla Glas 3 is the worst Glas from Corning, hopefully Apple will end this with Saphire Glas

Apparently lg is making their own sapphire glass as well. But there's a link in the accessories section where you can get a Tempered glass screen protector with full body protector for $10 or around £7. Bought 2 of them for lg g3 and galaxy s4. brilliant offer.. I paid £13 for a normal spigen plastic screen protector so can go wrong for the price and gives you that extra protection.

oo3

Mar 21, 2006
Nintendo Switch
Apple iPhone 12
Was there a noticable difference in size when holding the G3 when compared to the S5? I currently have the S5 and while it already feels a little big when I hold it, I'm scared the G3 will feel even bigger, since it is a bit bigger.

amsguitarist

Feb 5, 2012
The G3 looks great but I hate talk about how over saturated the S5 looks. Samsung actually gives you a choice. Display mate actually rated the S5 as the most color accurate phone when set to cinema mode.
jequsu7a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a comparison between the G3, S5, and Note 3 screens. As you can see the AMOLED is heavily saturated when compared to the G3. The 2k screen stands out in comparison with the amount of detail that it displays. The blacks are close in color to me at least, but you can be the judge of that. All of the phones were on AUTO brightness for consistency. Pictures were taken with the S5 and the Note 3 respectively.
    The G3 is a comfortable size, and I prefer its size over that of my wife's S5. I really enjoyed my Note 3, but this phone just feels much better, and the back buttons really make a difference.

EDIT Updated:
    (I had another picture but the file got corrupted for some reason, I'll retake it and post it here)
    Thanks for this but I think it would be better if you used the same background on all the phones so you can see the difference better vs different background pics

I'll update the OP with the same backgrounds. Thank you for the input.

I prefer the G3, when I use my wife's S5 it's like you are downgrading honestly. The G3's screen feels more accurate to me and the size is much better for reading through text and as you stated watching videos. I had a Note 3 before this became my daily phone so if that gives you any insight.

Edit:
    Thats not a scratch thats my cats hair since he likes to sit everywhere when my wife an I are not home.