SOLVED: Stuck in fastboot with low battery. Use this BATCH file!

Search This thread

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
You have a problem when you have ALL of the following conditions met:

1. Your battery level is below 3.68 V (3680 mV) (about 10% charged).
2. You have a custom recovery on the recovery partition AND a custom ROM on the system partition.
3. You have just re-locked your bootloader and you can't re-unlock it because your battery is too low (less than 10%).

Here's the problem: If you want to use a RUU, you need about 30% battery. But, if you have less than that, you need to charge it. But the problem is, you can't charge it because you can't boot your phone into either recovery or the ROM itself in order to accept a charge. A re-locked bootloader will NOT allow you to boot either into the custom recovery or the custom ROM. And, you cannot charge your phone in fastboot. Additionally, you cannot re-unlock your bootloader because your phone has even less than 10% charge (3.68 V). If you have between 10% and 30%, then simply re-unlock your bootloader and boot into recovery and charge as normal to a level somewhere above 30% if you want to flash an RUU. But, if your battery is below 10%, then you will need to bring it back above 10% with the script below.

So you need the following script which power cycles your phone repeatedly in order to turn off your screen long enough to accept a charge. Once you reach 3.68 V, which is 10% charge, you're through the woods, so to speak, as you can then, re-unlock your bootloader.

Run the following script as a batch file while your phone is in USB fastboot mode.

Here is the script:
Code:
" @echo off
:start
fastboot getvar battery-voltage

fastboot reboot-bootloader

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

Last edited:
L

lmftmf

My battery is low and is in bootloader/flashboot mode. I've relocked the bootloader in preparation to flash the newest RUU. The bootloader won't allow the phone to boot with its custom ROM.

I have the phone plugged in and I can't turn the screen off. The LED is showing red, but is the phone actually charging in order to either flash the RUU or re-unlock the bootloader?

Is there a way to see the battery status? I hope I'm not screwed here.
You need to reunlock and flash this recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594819 to charge the device then re lock and run ruu. Just give it about a half an hour or so on charge.

L

lmftmf

Thanks but I can't reunlock with the *.bin. It fails with the report that battery is too low!

Any other ideas?
Uhh ohh. Tat not goood. Refer to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609190
IMPORTANT: You must flash the new version of ClockWorkMod in order to be able to recharge the phone while off and from recovery. So, flash the new recovery and this problem will NOT happen.

Last edited:

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
SOLVED!

This little bad boy of a batch file saved my life. I was in a situation where my phone had a custom ROM with a re-locked bootloader and a low battery. The battery cannot be charged while in fastboot, and there was too little charge to re-unlock the bootloader. If you have a custom ROM with a custom recovery (CWM) and a locked bootloader, you cannot get into recovery.

In any case, if you create a batch file with the following contents, you can make your phone continually boot indefinitely, which allows the screen to be off sufficiently long enough between boots that the battery begins to charge. And, when voltage apparently approaches 3.68V, you have enough charge to re-unlock the bootloader and charge normally without the phone's screen in fastboot continually on.

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643483

Last edited:

wolfraim

Dec 9, 2009
Santiago
orgulloateo.tumblr.com
This little bad boy of a batch file saved my life. I was in a situation where my phone had a custom ROM with a re-locked bootloader and a low battery. The battery cannot be charged while in fastboot, and there was too little charge to re-unlock the bootloader. If you have a custom ROM with a custom recovery (CWM) and a locked bootloader, you cannot get into recovery.

In any case, if you create a batch file with the following contents, you can make your phone continually boot indefinitely, which allows the screen to be off sufficiently long enough between boots that the battery begins to charge. And, when voltage apparently approaches 1.68V, you have enough charge to re-unlock the bootloader and charge normally without the phone's screen in fastboot continually on.

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

you can charge the battery in the "HTC QUIETLY BRILLIANT" screen, this is not necessary.

Reactions: Bobber76

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
you can charge the battery in the "HTC QUIETLY BRILLIANT" screen, this is not necessary.

Uh, no. Can you remove your post? You can't get to that screen when the following conditions are met: low battery, a newly re-locked bootloader, custom recovery/ROM. The locked bootloader prevents you getting beyond fastboot. Read my source, and you will see other threads where this batch file was posted and where you can't get past an immediate fastboot screen.

androidjedi

Jul 18, 2010

In any case, if you create a batch file with the following contents, you can make your phone continually boot indefinitely, which allows the screen to be off sufficiently long enough between boots that the battery begins to charge. And, when voltage apparently approaches 1.68V, you have enough charge to re-unlock the bootloader and charge normally without the phone's screen in fastboot continually on.

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

thanks

danio.78

Jul 31, 2007

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

Hi, sorry for my english but is translated by google.

Even I have the problem of the battery, I can not do any flash (recovery, ruu etc.).
I created the batch file by copying exactly what you've written, no ", correct?
I started the file and I get continuous

<Waiting for device>
battery-voltage: 2749mV
finished. total time: 0.153s
rebooting into bootloader ...

every time the phone goes off and reads:

<Waiting for device>
battery-voltage: 2749mV
finished. total time: 0.153s
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.238s
<Waiting for device>

again after 1 minute.
Is this normal? the file I do go for 1 or 2 hours continuously?

thank you

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
Yes, the batch file forces the phone to continue to boot over and over again, and you will see the voltage increasing over time. But, you have enough battery to re-unlock the bootloader. Just go to htcdev.com to re-unlock it, or just flash an RUU to update your radio.

Why are you running this batch file when you have enough battery power?

This batch file is only for those whose battery is low and therefore cannot re-unlock the bootloader and have a cutom ROM with a relocked bootloader.

danio.78

Jul 31, 2007
Yes, the batch file forces the phone to continue to boot over and over again, and you will see the voltage increasing over time. But, you have enough battery to re-unlock the bootloader. Just go to htcdev.com to re-unlock it, or just flash an RUU to update your radio.

the voltage increases or fluctuates? exampe 2785 - 2888 - 2985 - 2788 etc.

the message:

FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.238s
<Waiting for device>

is normal?

Why are you running this batch file when you have enough battery power?

I have the problem of battery low, I can not flash the recovery or unlock the bootloader.

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
Oh, you are right. You're battery is too low. You need to charge it until your voltage reaches 3.68 V (3680 mV). The phone should keep powering off and on, and your voltage will go up, but not at *every* boot. It should take about an hour or so? So, yes, the phone will boot a lot of times, but it's the only way out. Just keep the batch running and keep checking every 10 minutes or so.

As for the batch file, I'm pretty certain the quotation marks (" ") are NOT needed.

danio.78

Jul 31, 2007
Oh, you are right. You're battery is too low. You need to charge it until your voltage reaches 3.68 V (3680 mV). The phone should keep powering off and on, and your voltage will go up, but not at *every* boot. It should take about an hour or so? So, yes, the phone will boot a lot of times, but it's the only way out. Just keep the batch running and keep checking every 10 minutes or so.

As for the batch file, I'm pretty certain the quotation marks (" ") are NOT needed.

ok.
keep it going for 1 or 2 hours until it reaches 3.68V
can you attach your batch file? please.

Thank you for now, let you know if it reaches 3.68V

sallam5010

Sep 25, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
same prob exactly

hey guys i saw this while am searching for a fix i have the same **** on my one x i tired almost everything out there but only this didnt yet and its my last hope hope it works :(
i need more info bout this batch i downloaded it ext, edit to .bat paste it in the adb folder
then copied whts inside it and post it in cmd and heres wht its looks like
is it okay like this ?! should i just leave it and wait !?

Attachments

• xda.jpg
    xda.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 3,680

danio.78

Jul 31, 2007

after 1 hour the voltage does not increment, but change always

battery-voltage: 2768mV

battery-voltage: 2747mV

battery-voltage: 2993mV

battery-voltage: 2980mV

battery-voltage: 2970mV

battery-voltage: 2956mV

battery-voltage: 2796mV

and so on.
It's normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have a problem when you have ALL of the following conditions met:

1. Your battery level is below 3.68 V (3680 mV) (about 10% charged).
    2. You have a custom recovery on the recovery partition AND a custom ROM on the system partition.
    3. You have just re-locked your bootloader and you can't re-unlock it because your battery is too low (less than 10%).

Here's the problem: If you want to use a RUU, you need about 30% battery. But, if you have less than that, you need to charge it. But the problem is, you can't charge it because you can't boot your phone into either recovery or the ROM itself in order to accept a charge. A re-locked bootloader will NOT allow you to boot either into the custom recovery or the custom ROM. And, you cannot charge your phone in fastboot. Additionally, you cannot re-unlock your bootloader because your phone has even less than 10% charge (3.68 V). If you have between 10% and 30%, then simply re-unlock your bootloader and boot into recovery and charge as normal to a level somewhere above 30% if you want to flash an RUU. But, if your battery is below 10%, then you will need to bring it back above 10% with the script below.

So you need the following script which power cycles your phone repeatedly in order to turn off your screen long enough to accept a charge. Once you reach 3.68 V, which is 10% charge, you're through the woods, so to speak, as you can then, re-unlock your bootloader.

Run the following script as a batch file while your phone is in USB fastboot mode.

Here is the script:
    Code:
    " @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
    "
    SOLVED!

In any case, if you create a batch file with the following contents, you can make your phone continually boot indefinitely, which allows the screen to be off sufficiently long enough between boots that the battery begins to charge. And, when voltage apparently approaches 3.68V, you have enough charge to re-unlock the bootloader and charge normally without the phone's screen in fastboot continually on.

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
    "

There you go. Change the extension to *.bat from *.txt
    i made a shell script that should do the same thing for linux users, i haven't tested it on OS X or any other *nix OS but feel free to try!

just make sure it's in the same folder as your fastboot command

Code:
     #!/bin/sh
    while true
    do
    ./fastboot getvar battery-voltage
    ./fastboot reboot-bootloader
    sleep 5
    done
    To make things simple I've included a bat and adb files etc. Just unzip this file and double-click "flatbattery.bat"

And many many thanks OP. You're advice is currently rescuing my HOX :good: