[Req] HTC Sense 4.0 Launcher

Search This thread

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Probably a longshot.. but maybe we could get a heavy themed Rosie 3.5 or maybe.. the sense 4.0 Rosie?
I'm using a Beta 3.5, already got the clock, transparent status bar but it would be nice to have a themed app drawer and dock.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to use the sense 4.0 Rosie on the 3.5? I'm guessing no because of the ics mix, but it would be awesome.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

orfius christ

Mar 16, 2012
Probably a longshot.. but maybe we could get a heavy themed Rosie 3.5 or maybe.. the sense 4.0 Rosie?
I'm using a Beta 3.5, already got the clock, transparent status bar but it would be nice to have a themed app drawer and dock.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to use the sense 4.0 Rosie on the 3.5? I'm guessing no because of the ics mix, but it would be awesome.

There isn't exactly a super heavy themed Rosie. But with the new Sense 3.5 ROM, Clutch, it has the sense 4.0 bottom bar which is rather nice and it has the sense 4.0 drop down notification bar.

If you're interested to see for yourself the link is: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1579308 :D

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
There isn't exactly a super heavy themed Rosie. But with the new Sense 3.5 ROM, Clutch, it has the sense 4.0 bottom bar which is rather nice and it has the sense 4.0 drop down notification bar.

If you're interested to see for yourself the link is: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1579308 :D
Hmm.. didn't know it came out of beta lol.
It's what I'm running, guess I should redownload the new version.
Thanks for the notice though.

TokedUp

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
+1 on this launcher port please. the sense 4.0/ICS launcher looks sweet.
The one in clutch is basically just the old rosie but nice looking. It only has the 3 functions and is remappable.
Ive been using the Xperia launcher and its great but the customization is lacking. All it really needs is custom app icons

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
475d8abb-c244-c08b.jpg

It's what I'm sporting, there's plenty of Themed sense 4.0 for certain launchers.. but there not what makes sense a sense.
If its even possible, maybe a custom ICS Launcher for ICS with some sense mixed? If I knew about roms and apks and dev tools I'd definitely dip my hands in this.
At first I didn't really care for sense 4.0 but after I got to looking at the UI, it really is a nice piece of work. Really hope something can give us a close experience.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
475d8abb-c244-c08b.jpg

It's what I'm sporting, there's plenty of Themed sense 4.0 for certain launchers.. but there not what makes sense a sense.
If its even possible, maybe a custom ICS Launcher for ICS with some sense mixed? If I knew about roms and apks and dev tools I'd definitely dip my hands in this.
At first I didn't really care for sense 4.0 but after I got to looking at the UI, it really is a nice piece of work. Really hope something can give us a close experience.

I'm not a rom dev but I think you'd need sense 4 framework to run a real sense 4.0 launcher. We need joelz and newt and nils back, lol.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
I'm not a rom dev but I think you'd need sense 4 framework to run a real sense 4.0 launcher. We need joelz and newt and nils back, lol.

Yeah, its pretty much like ics. It would need to be reworked from the ground up, PhoenixLauncher a new-ish ICS launcher for GB&ICS has dock options etc. Not highly customizable but better then Syndicates project.

Agreed 100%, miss them.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, its pretty much like ics. It would need to be reworked from the ground up, PhoenixLauncher a new-ish ICS launcher for GB&ICS has dock options etc. Not highly customizable but better then Syndicates project.

Agreed 100%, miss them.

And I forgot incubus26j and wildstang83 and jermaine151. and Ihtfp69 which have all left this phone a while agao.

Also regarding the launcher. As it's from Sense 4.0 which is ICS only I'd expect you can only run it on sense 4.0. Possibly 3.6 which is also ICS.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
And I forgot incubus26j and wildstang83 and jermaine151. and Ihtfp69 which have all left this phone a while agao.

Also regarding the launcher. As it's from Sense 4.0 which is ICS only I'd expect you can only run it on sense 4.0. Possibly 3.6 which is also ICS.

I didn't run incubus26j's roms but I have heard his roms were pretty top notch.
I have talked to wildstang on a few occasions although I did not know him like some did but he made some pretty sick roms I did use.
Jermaine I didn't know, I believe he helped out in the ext4 mod correct?
Lhtfp69 I did not know.

I kinda came in a little late but I got to know some devs.
And I gotta say since a lot are now gone, you kinda miss them a lot because there quality roms.
Yeah, I tried to install a few 4.0 apks and its a no go. The ics bind brings up the there is a problem parsing the package.

Dec 10, 2011
Mexico
Trebuchet launcher themed like sense 4.0 rosie launcher

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334674431506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334674431506.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,113

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
theming, you say?

I've done some theming for my own ROMS and a heavily themed sense 3.0 or 3.5 is no problem, but sense 3.0 does not support the customization that you want, it's htc's fault lol.

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
I've done some theming for my own ROMS and a heavily themed sense 3.0 or 3.5 is no problem, but sense 3.0 does not support the customization that you want, it's htc's fault lol.

What do you mean? If you're taking about customizing the Rosie so that it looks like Sense 4.0, it's definitely possible. You just have to use the m10 editor since you can't change the pictures by conventional means.

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Well I'm thinking the launcher would have to be made from scratch, similar to Phoenix launcher.
At least Pure tried :)

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2

I'm trying again lol. Doing a different method though. No promises, but it should look pretty close to the Sense 4.0 Rosie if it works (it'll have all of the textures and everything)

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
I'm trying again lol. Doing a different method though. No promises, but it should look pretty close to the Sense 4.0 Rosie if it works (it'll have all of the textures and everything)

On the senseless at the moment but when you release a update I'll flash it, odd enough I'm getting wifi drops on your 3.5. I thought maybe you use something different but I'm not sure, no one else gets wifi drops but me?
Can I ask what radio you use?

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
On the senseless at the moment but when you release a update I'll flash it, odd enough I'm getting wifi drops on your 3.5. I thought maybe you use something different but I'm not sure, no one else gets wifi drops but me?
Can I ask what radio you use?

I'm getting 3G drops as well though they're not frequent. I'll see if there's anything I can do about it. I'm using this radio: 2.15.00.11.19

It's one of the older ones, but it's worked the best for me. Also, the 2.15.00.07.28 works pretty good as well (which is even older lol)

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
I'm getting 3G drops as well though they're not frequent. I'll see if there's anything I can do about it. I'm using this radio: 2.15.00.11.19

It's one of the older ones, but it's worked the best for me. Also, the 2.15.00.07.28 works pretty good as well (which is even older lol)

Are you getting wifi drops though? Don't use 3G at all unless it unintentional, they screwed people with the no unlimited data honestly, sometimes 3G works better then my wifi.
If it's just 3G drops then I'll definitely check it out, normally on your anthem, cm rom and various special roms I never get wifi drops or 3g.
Wonder why.. Think maybe something is happening to my DInc Wifi driver after being on pretty much for a year and a half? I hardly ever shut off my device unless I have to.

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Are you getting wifi drops though? Don't use 3G at all unless it unintentional, they screwed people with the no unlimited data honestly, sometimes 3G works better then my wifi.
If it's just 3G drops then I'll definitely check it out, normally on your anthem, cm rom and various special roms I never get wifi drops or 3g.
Wonder why.. Think maybe something is happening to my DInc Wifi driver after being on pretty much for a year and a half? I hardly ever shut off my device unless I have to.

My bad, read that wrong lol. I haven't experienced any WiFi drops yet, but I'll keep you posted if I do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try the xperia launcher themed like sense 4.0 is really cool

uploadfromtaptalk1335555061427.jpg

Here is the Xperia Launcher themed like sense 4

multiupload.nl/0U1D87BHOW

Just add www to the link

And coming soon Ics themed and moded like sense