[ROM][SPH-D710][JB][4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 Official Nightly Builds

Search This thread

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/D710_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Epic 4G Touch, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy GApps and CM 10.2 zip's to your internal SD Card
- Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Make sure you're not running a JB modem
- Boot into recovery
- Flash CM 10.2 zip from internal SD Card
- Flash GApps zip from internal SD Card
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
- Copy CM 10.2 zip to your internal SD Card
- Boot into recovery
- Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SD Card
- Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 9:
- Copy 4.3.1 GApps and CM 10.2 zip's to your SD Card
- Boot into recovery
- Flash CM 10.2 zip from SD Card
- Flash GApps zip from SD Card
- Reboot

CM 10.2 official nightly builds:
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d710

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-10.2,n,z
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/d710/next

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work:

Thanks to all donators!

Last edited:

Silentknyght

Jul 7, 2010
Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Can someone explain just what is meant by this? "Regular" apps, or "system" apps? And if it's just plain regular apps, why would it cause a problem? If it's a ROM-based app (e.g., text messaging app) or a Google-based app, I left them as is. But my Dolphin browser, for example, was restored with data...

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Can someone explain just what is meant by this? "Regular" apps, or "system" apps? And if it's just plain regular apps, why would it cause a problem? If it's a ROM-based app (e.g., text messaging app) or a Google-based app, I left them as is. But my Dolphin browser, for example, was restored with data...

Regular apps are installed apps from Google play or a 3rd party app store. System apps are apps that are installed in the system partition (come with the phone.) Restoring data from most system apps can cause problems (I have yet to find an answer is to why.) From installed apps, not so much.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly
Dastin, thanks for your hard work with this Rom/Phone. Also, I know your a busy guy with school and your girlfriend and other phones you develop with. I just wanted to say, you're a blessing to us Epic 4g Touch users. Thanks for pouring so much time and hard work into this phone. Much love to you. I'll make sure to donate to you when I get an income, as I am a Senior taking full time PSEO and never had a job before.

Long story short, I love what you're doing with this phone. I really enjoy your roms you have created! Much love to you bro!

Great job!:good:

Reactions: Mosez Pouring Beard

eddytheyeti2

Jun 28, 2010
My phone keeps trying to locate GPs though I turned gps location off. Any idea how to stop this?
Also, cool rom dastin!

riggerman0421

Mar 5, 2011
Sunset, Louisiana
I have to say thanks for this rom. I just loaded it this morning (along with the blasphemy kernel). So far it's running great. No reboots, lockups or any other issues. As a side note, I have been having trouble with the phantom menu and search presses on other roms including stock, all stock based roms, and every other AOSP based rom I've flashed. I've had to disable the soft keys and enable the navbar on all of them to fix this issue. I don't know what the difference is but this is the first rom I've flashed that actually worked without the phantom key presses. Thanks again. Looks like I've finally found a new daily driver.

Bazirker

Oct 14, 2011
New Haven, CT
Does anyone know if dock audio or speakerphone work with these builds? Prior jelly bean builds lacked functioning dock audio and the mics didn't pick up audio correctly in speakerphone mode such that callers report not being able to hear you loudly enough.

Last edited:

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012
how do i find out if i have the kernel with the MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG?
i am on stock 4.0.4

Thanks.

gamepro602

Feb 7, 2013
Mesa
4.0.4 has the brick bug, to flash this you need to use a safe kernel

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012
can you give me instructions on how to get the safe kernel? do i just flash a kernel on to my phone.
this is what i have:
android version: 4.0.4
kernel: 3.0.15-SPH-D710.FE22-CL612283
se.infra@SEP-99 #3
SMP PREEMPT Web May 23 04:10:44 KST

gamepro602

Feb 7, 2013
Mesa
Yes it replaces your current kernel, but you won't be able to boot back into the ROM once you flash this so make sure you have the files ready, another thing is that you need to back up your apps and data because you need to erase your data to flash the ROM, I would invest in titanium backup, if you can't afford it use helium.

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012
Yes it replaces your current kernel, but you won't be able to boot back into the ROM once you flash this so make sure you have the files ready, another thing is that you need to back up your apps and data because you need to erase your data to flash the ROM, I would invest in titanium backup, if you can't afford it use helium.

i am confused. I will be in the current rom to flash the kernel using mobile odin. How is it that I wont be able to boot back into the ROM? Do i need to flash another ROM after flashing the kernel? what ROM did you flash after the kernel?

mholloway

Dec 9, 2011
new jersey
El29 direct boot kernel is a kernel for just flashing Roms.once you boot into it you have to flash a ROM.if you don't and choose to reboot system it will just reboot back into the el29 kernel.so you have to download the ROM you want and gapps if using a aosp ROM.now using an aosp ROM you need an ICS modem.

byrdcfmma

Sep 26, 2012
Central FL
i am confused. I will be in the current rom to flash the kernel using mobile odin. How is it that I wont be able to boot back into the ROM? Do i need to flash another ROM after flashing the kernel? what ROM did you flash after the kernel?

Dont take this the wrong way, but you are not ready to be flashing this rom. You really need to check out the other forums on how to correctly flash for this phone. Especially since you are on 4.0.4. One wrong move and you will have an expensive paperweight on your hands.

Go do your homework and ask these questions in Q&A thread. You will get lots of help there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/D710_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Epic 4G Touch, or coming from another ROM:
    - Copy GApps and CM 10.2 zip's to your internal SD Card
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Make sure you're not running a JB modem
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash CM 10.2 zip from internal SD Card
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SD Card
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM 10.2 zip to your internal SD Card
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SD Card
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy 4.3.1 GApps and CM 10.2 zip's to your SD Card
    - Boot into recovery
    - Flash CM 10.2 zip from SD Card
    - Flash GApps zip from SD Card
    - Reboot

CM 10.2 official nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d710

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:cm-10.2,n,z
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/d710/next

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work:

Thanks to all donators!
    Google should still support wimax and here is why I live in Tucson, az we now have 4g lte downtown using my moms gs3 so I turned on 4g on my epic touch and it worked. We never had wimax here so I was surprised it worked but it does. Why would sprint discontinue wimax but not 3g?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Wimax was effectively killed by the US Government, they didn't enforce the spectrum that it was using. It is adjacent to GPS Signals and was being used for satellite communications until it was bought and was to be used for terrestrial communications. Since it had a change on how it was used and terrestrial uses higher noise level dB, it had a chance of causing noise issues on adjacent spectrum. If the GPS manufactures had been shielding their chipsets like every other companies have been forced to do, then it wouldn't have been an issue with about half of the spectrum, and the other half is far enough away that it wasn't an issue. The WiMax that rolled out is using about half of that half of the spectrum that is non interfering, but they were planning on expanding into the next half by 2015, since they are now unable, the tech has been given an EOL and won't be developed further. LTE on the other hand has received further adoption since the WiMax was initially planned on roll out, so Sprint/ClearWire decided EOL it. Sprint decided to also change their iDEN frequencies along with all of the other spectrum that currently isn't in use by WiMax that they have rights to into LTE/Sprint Spark (Tri-band LTE).

3G on the other hand isn't changing, and have an estimated EOL in 2020, by that time, LTE/Sprint Spark will have enough coverage that it wouldn't need the 3G anymore since it is redundant. Also, if Sprint killed 3G and WiMax, and Switched to LTE all devices sold without LTE wouldn't work anymore, which those devices make up a large chunk of theirs and the MVNOs customer base. It would effectively kill the company and they would only have about 25% of their current customers until all phones are changed and LTE has enough customers.

Since Sprint/ClearWire EOL the tech, and Google wanted to clean up their code to make it faster and more secure, they removed all of the WiMax code from Android and are leaving it up to the manufactures to reintegrate it if they want to use it.

Personally, I can't wait until Android switches over to a microkernel architecture, then the modems for phones can just be built directly into modem itself, and have a common API for android to use when the modem is required, and any other devices can be placed into a sleep state when not in use that would effectively be powered off, giving better battery life over all.

3G will probably be killed off by Sprint and Verizon at the same time since they both use PCS as their 3G techs and have sharing agreements.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you are not ready to be flashing this rom. You really need to check out the other forums on how to correctly flash for this phone. Especially since you are on 4.0.4. One wrong move and you will have an expensive paperweight on your hands.

Go do your homework and ask these questions in Q&A thread. You will get lots of help there.
    CM 11 is still a WIP. Things are bound to be broken, or become broken during active development

私のONEから送信される。

Just wanted to second this polite response. Go do a bit of homework, it'll pay off! Good luck!!

In the meantime...can someone who has flashed this check dock audio or the speakerphone bug out? Thanks!