[Q] 4.4 or 4.4.4 Rom

Search This thread

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
Hey All

Since I'm on a locked boot loader NC1 or ML1 shouldn't matter .. can i install a 4.4.4 or 4.4 rom ? i know i would have to do it thru safestrap but would it be possible ? i thought i could only flash 4.3 touchwiz nothing higher ?

Any help would be nice

Thanks

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Hey All

Since I'm on a locked boot loader NC1 or ML1 shouldn't matter .. can i install a 4.4.4 or 4.4 rom ? i know i would have to do it thru safestrap but would it be possible ? i thought i could only flash 4.3 touchwiz nothing higher ?

Any help would be nice

Thanks

No, you cannot flash a 4.4.4 or 4.4 ROM. If you are on 4.3 NC1 or ML1, you are restricted to running only 4.3 touchwiz based ROMs through safestrap. Ever since the 4.3 ML1 update, different components of the phone (kernel, bootloader, etc.) are signed with a key which must match in order for the phone to boot up. That is why you are restricted to 4.3 touchwiz ROMs in safestrap. They have to be able to run off the 4.3 stock kernel. A 4.4 touchwiz ROM will not have the same key signature verification as a 4.3 touchwiz ROM. And you are definitely not capable of running any kind of AOSP ROM now that your bootloader is locked.

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
No, you cannot flash a 4.4.4 or 4.4 ROM. If you are on 4.3 NC1 or ML1, you are restricted to running only 4.3 touchwiz based ROMs through safestrap. Ever since the 4.3 ML1 update, different components of the phone (kernel, bootloader, etc.) are signed with a key which must match in order for the phone to boot up. That is why you are restricted to 4.3 touchwiz ROMs in safestrap. They have to be able to run off the 4.3 stock kernel. A 4.4 touchwiz ROM will not have the same key signature verification as a 4.3 touchwiz ROM. And you are definitely not capable of running any kind of AOSP ROM now that your bootloader is locked.
Thanks for that reply I needed it.. Next question is why are there services out there that can downgrade the NC1 OR ML1 baseband? They could be scams but I'm just wondering.. Is it just the fact that a device or hacker hasn't found the correct exploit?

Thanks

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Thanks for that reply I needed it.. Next question is why are there services out there that can downgrade the NC1 OR ML1 baseband? They could be scams but I'm just wondering.. Is it just the fact that a device or hacker hasn't found the correct exploit?

Thanks

You are limited to TW based ROMs, they must be the same version of android. You can ODIN to stock 4.3 and take the 4.4 OTA or KIES

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Thanks for the reply I know I can go back to ML1 then safestrap 4.3 custom rooms.. What is the kies thing.. Will this mess up safestrap?

Kies is Samsungs desktop application for doing OTA updates.Its does the same thing as an OTA or ODIN.
If you want to use safestrap stay on 4.3 until the developers have it all worked out for 4.4 .

Reactions: jcbjoe

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

Thanks
There is a service that people claim to be able to downgrade the bootloader to 4.1 from 4.3 so you can unlock your bootloader.

I think mobile tech videos does it, and if they offer it then it wouldn't be a scam. Just not sure how much it would cost, or if it'd be worth it to you.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey All

Any help would be nice

Thanks

Thanks for the reply I know I can go back to ML1 then safestrap 4.3 custom rooms.. What is the kies thing.. Will this mess up safestrap?

Kies is Samsungs desktop application for doing OTA updates.Its does the same thing as an OTA or ODIN.
    If you want to use safestrap stay on 4.3 until the developers have it all worked out for 4.4 .