Note II drops WIFI Calling??

Search This thread

scooby-snack

Sep 11, 2009
Hey I'm a 1st to T-Mobile i'm testing it out before I switch all my lines from Verizon. The question I have is that both the Note II and the GS3 that I have seem to drop the Wifi calling feature randomly. I thought at 1st it may have been some sort of power saving option but it seems to happen in frequently. (Doesnt matter if I'm close to the Router or not)

Is this common? Or am I the only one that has had this happen?

Thanks for any input!

-Scoob

scooby-snack

Sep 11, 2009
Mine does the same thing I just turned off the wi fi calling app and it now works fine

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

I'm not sure what you mean by turning the App off? When turning the WIFI calling app off does that not mean you are unable to use the feature?? LOL- I have to have this as I have zero reception at my home.

Thanks for letting me know!

-Scoob

arin8000

Sep 22, 2010
Hey I'm a 1st to T-Mobile i'm testing it out before I switch all my lines from Verizon. The question I have is that both the Note II and the GS3 that I have seem to drop the Wifi calling feature randomly. I thought at 1st it may have been some sort of power saving option but it seems to happen in frequently. (Doesnt matter if I'm close to the Router or not)

Is this common? Or am I the only one that has had this happen?

Thanks for any input!

-Scoob

Same here :(

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville
@ scoob go to setting, more setting, deselect the wifi calling app and it should work for you my coverage at my place is between 0 and 1 bar so this should help

robl45

Jun 27, 2010
mine goes on and off on both my new note 2 and my wife's new galaxy s3. really aggravating. worse on my phone, when in wifi calling, it only answered calls like 1 out of every 10 times, otherwise they went to voicemail. I took the sim out of mine, then put it back in and pushed it in and out and in the holder a few times and now it seems to receive calls in wifi mode but still always in and out and error to connect and such.

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
My experience with Wifi-Calling has been nothing but troublesome. It's really not reliable at all, sometimes calls comes through sometimes don't.. and when it does come through I can hear the caller but caller cannot hear me. This is quite common problem with wifi-calling and i given up.

If you get even a 1bar of reception near by the window, I suggest calling T-Mobile and getting their Cel-Fi device (Free of charge but has to return when you leave T-Mobile). 1~2 bar by the window will give you full 4bar reception throughout the house on 4G. Only requirement is that you must be living in single house, can't ship out to house that are connected by or close by. I live in townhouse and I just told them I live in single house and got the device in 3 days. =)

rorycs

Jul 9, 2010
Wi-Fi calling is a disaster. For me, incoming audio drops constantly, but the party I am calling can hear me fine. On other occasions, the call will just randomly drop. Came from a Sensation where Wi-Fi calling was perfect. There does not seem to be any resolution... I have spent hours talking to tech support and they have replaced the device with no improvement. I have also had my ISP out and they have verified that my connection is fine. I have even changed the router out... same issues.

Nellyinda803

Nov 17, 2012
With my wifi calling, as soon as I turn kt kn my bars at home would drop where I would hardly get any service. As soon as I turn wifi calling off I magically get bars. So I leave it off and now I get bars pretty much everywhere I go....almost

from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
With my wifi calling, as soon as I turn kt kn my bars at home would drop where I would hardly get any service. As soon as I turn wifi calling off I magically get bars. So I leave it off and now I get bars pretty much everywhere I go....almost

With wifi calling on, it's suppose to drop signal bars to nothing. You have to go by the wifi bars instead.

D

Deleted member 4959222

Wifi Issue

I have that problem quite a bit but the signal strength on my router is good. Yesterday i had my internet company reset the cable modem and my wifi problems have decreased a lot but it is still happing. It has to deal with the wifi certificate problems on the Note 2 (Samsung). It is the same problem that I had on the GS3.
Oh well
:eek:

robl45

Jun 27, 2010
Wifi also greatly depends on your network conditions. Cause I have the same problem but it doesnt happen to me that often after some tweaking.

what tweaking did you do?

my internet is rock solid. only good thing about uverse service, yet this wifi calling is in and out and in and out all the time.

achusaysblessyou

Sep 4, 2011
Berkeley, CA

Uhh, that's the point of wifi calling, to make calls over WiFi and disable your cellular radio. If you turn on Wifi Calling, you should get a blue phone icon on the top left and your "bars" should drop to nothing as your phone turns off the cellular radio. You can still make/recieve calls/sms/mms.

I've been getting an ER01 error lately with invalid certificate, but it seems to be a T-Mobile backend problem? It happens, about 10% of the time and only on my school's network (I have a feeling, it might have to do with the sign in process there).Otherwise, it works well at my apartment.

robl45

Jun 27, 2010
Uhh, that's the point of wifi calling, to make calls over WiFi and disable your cellular radio. If you turn on Wifi Calling, you should get a blue phone icon on the top left and your "bars" should drop to nothing as your phone turns off the cellular radio. You can still make/recieve calls/sms/mms.

I've been getting an ER01 error lately with invalid certificate, but it seems to be a T-Mobile backend problem? It happens, about 10% of the time and only on my school's network (I have a feeling, it might have to do with the sign in process there).Otherwise, it works well at my apartment.

i get that certificate problem at my house, not too much anymore, but I still see it. and the wifi calling does drop in and out at various times. not a huge deal for me, but the average person wouldn't deal with that.

anyadike

Mar 7, 2009
Chicago
I've been getting an ER01 error lately with invalid certificate, but it seems to be a T-Mobile backend problem?

I've been noticing more & more problems with my service in the last two months. I called T-Mobile to fix it and whatever they did seemed to only help a little. I get times where I get frequent ER01 errors with WiFi & duplicated text messages (same text message gets received by my phone 2-3 times) for an hour or two. I used to also get errors sending texts around that time, but that appears to have gotten better.

Someone else mentioned Uverse, and my WiFi calling problems are at home & work, both of which have AT&T for internet... When I switched from their DSL to Uverse I expected less problems, but got more.

achusaysblessyou

Sep 4, 2011
Berkeley, CA
I've been noticing more & more problems with my service in the last two months. I called T-Mobile to fix it and whatever they did seemed to only help a little. I get times where I get frequent ER01 errors with WiFi & duplicated text messages (same text message gets received by my phone 2-3 times) for an hour or two. I used to also get errors sending texts around that time, but that appears to have gotten better.

Someone else mentioned Uverse, and my WiFi calling problems are at home & work, both of which have AT&T for internet... When I switched from their DSL to Uverse I expected less problems, but got more.

Seems to be a problem that a lot of people are experiencing. Just did a quick Google search and some indication points to a possible T-Mobile back-end problem. I wonder if i call up T-Mobile and ask for wifi calling to be explicitly added to my plan if that'll change anything.