[ROM][N9005][ALEXNDR] BPH2, POK2 * DevBase v3.8 * Multi CSC, Safe De-Bloat, KNOX 0x0

Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
[EOL][ROM][N9005][ALEXNDR] BPH2 * DevBase v3.8 * Multi CSC, Safe De-Bloat, KNOX 0x0

Important notes for Developers / ROM Chefs !!!

This ROM is NOT based on any other custom ROM. My work contains many original ideas and innovations that I introduced as the first in the ROM development (see "Changelist" in post #2). Of course, it does not mean that I do not need to thank anyone - there are a lot of people who helped / inspired me anyhow (see "Credits").

I will risk the statement that at this moment my "DevBase" is the most tuned and nuanced custom ROM available at XDA Forum :cool:

I agree to use any part of my work to create other custom ROMs, but it would be great if you add me to the credits :)

Hello :)

I have decided to create a pure base, which can be a pattern for ROM Chefs (not only for beginners) :D ROM is initially safe de-bloated (read below what does it exactly mean), but all features are present and works!

ROM can be installed by normal users as well. If you like a little de-bloated ROMs, clean, but with all working features - there is no better alternative I think ;)

ROM contains my extended CSC package, which I called N9005AXX (this is a combination OXX, OXA + some additional). Final list of available CSC is as follows:

ATO, AUT, BGL, BTU, CYO, DBT, ERO, ETL, EUR, ITV, MSR, NEE, NZC, ORX, PHE, PHN, ROM, SEB, SEE, SIO, TEB, TNZ, TOP, TPH, TRA, TSR, TWO, XEF, XEH, XEO, XSA, XSK

NEW !!! :D I present you new, unique option: "Keep current CSC", so you can install my DevBase keeping your original CSC even if it is not listed above! Note that in such case this option has some limitations, so read carefully informations below.
How does it work? Normally, if your current CSC is listed above (contained in my DevBase), this option detects it and automatically applies during install. However, if the detected CSC is not contained in my DevBase, then my new script makes a copy of all known contents associated with CSC (except so-called "CSC bloatware" placed in /system/app & priv-app, e.g brand and/or country specific apps), then installer cleans /system partition as usual, then it flashes new ROM base and then it restores backed up CSC contents instead of my multi CSC pack. It seems to be easy, but was rather laborious - I have analyzed almost all multi CSC packs and most of single CSC packs available in the world (designed to work with N9005XX... base) to make this script as accurate as possible.

As you probably noticed - in such case your CSC pack will be as complete as it was before, thus if you are currently using any custom ROM - BEFORE the first installation of my DevBase I highly recommend you to flash the latest original stock ROM released for your country, then perform "wipe data" using stock recovery and then CHECK your CSC (chage it if necessary - more information below).

For further updates you do not need to repeat it every time. You can flash directly the next (newer) version of my DevBase selecting "Keep current CSC" option again - you can repeat such update procedure for a long time. As you probably noticed again - if your CSC is not contained in my DevBase, then your CSC pack will not be updated until you flash a newer original stock ROM for your country. But don't worry - CSC updates usually bring nothing (usually the only updated thing in CSC pack is the whitelist of LTE networks). I'm not trying to say "CSC updates are completely unnecessary". It's good idea to update it occasionally (especially if you noticed that major Android update for your country has been released). When you will decide to do it - just flash temporarily again the newest original stock ROM containing your CSC, and then you can return to my the newest DevBase (this time wipe data will not be necessary).

NOTE: I do not recommend to use "Keep current CSC" option if your current PDA (build number, after the dot) is other than N9005XX... (e.g. N9005DX..., N9005VJ..., N9005ZH..., N9005ZT..., etc.).

NOTE: Do not use so called "Superwipes" and/or additional /system "formats", otherwise "Keep current CSC" option may not work properly (e.g. if detected CSC is NOT included in my multi CSC package, then it will not be possible to keep detected CSC, as there is no CSC related content to backup / restore).

How can I check my current CSC?
Install Phone INFO app from Play Store and check your CSC. If you are using stock ROM and everything is ok with your CSC - all CSC fields in Phone Info app should display the same CSC, as below (otherwise, you probably forgot about wipe data when you were installing ROM with another CSC).

CSC_info2.jpg

How can I change my current CSC?
Q: Recently I tested several ROMs, in result of it my CSC has changed. I would like to install your DevBase, but first I want to restore my country's original CSC. What should I do?

Case 1: Your country's original CSC is available in my DevBase

No special/additional steps are needed. Just install my DevBase with edited options.prop file placed on internal sdcard or extSdCard -> type CSC=[your_csc] instead of CSC=KCSC. Remember to perform "Wipe data" in the recovery before install. Note that sometimes additional reboot is required after completing pre-configuration steps to display your CSC correctly in Phone Info app).

Case 2: Your country's original CSC is not available in my DevBase. Your original ROM contains single CSC pack (ommiting parts with model name and incremental version - name of CSC package is same as product code = CSC)

Example:
Code:
Model: SM-N9005
Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 636608
Build date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 04:48:22 +0000
Product Code: [COLOR="red"]PNG[/COLOR]
PDA: N9005XXUENC2
CSC: N9005[COLOR="red"]PNG[/COLOR]ENC2
MODEM: N9005XXUENC2

In this case you need to flash your original ROM using PC Odin or FlashFire (see "NOTE" below), then perform wipe data using stock recovery and then check your CSC in Phone Info app (note that sometimes additional reboot is required after completing pre-configuration steps to display your CSC correctly in Phone Info app).

Now you can install my DevBase - just leave "Keep current CSC" option untouched in /options.prop (it's good idea to perform "Wipe data" again from recovery to remove potential "garbage" from /data partition like e.g app data created by CSC bloatware and CSC bloatware updates).

Case 3: Your country's original CSC is not available in my DevBase. Your original ROM contains multi CSC pack (ommiting parts with model name and incremental version - name of CSC package differs from product code and usually begins with the letter "O")

Example:
Code:
Changelist: 1955971
Build date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:15:26 +0000
Product Code: [COLOR="Red"]THL[/COLOR]
PDA: N9005XXUFNF4
CSC: N9005[COLOR="red"]OLB[/COLOR]FNG1
MODEM: N9005XXUFNF2

In this case you need to flash your original ROM using PC Odin or FlashFire (see "NOTE" below), then perform wipe data using stock recovery and then check your CSC in Phone Info app (note that sometimes additional reboot is required after completing pre-configuration steps to display your CSC correctly in Phone Info app). Then becomes something strange - you will see that your CSC is XTC (Philippines) instead of THL (Thailand)! It's because XTC is the default CSC in OLB multi CSC package in case of flashing it on ROM with other than OLB CSC package. To change CSC to THL you need CSC Select app from Play Store (requires root and stock recovery to perform all operations correctly!). Then check your CSC again using Phone Info app - should be OK.

Now you can install my DevBase - just leave "Keep current CSC" option untouched in /options.prop (it's good idea to perform "Wipe data" again from recovery to remove potential "garbage" from /data partition like e.g app data created by CSC bloatware and CSC bloatware updates).

NOTE: Sometimes it's not possibe to flash your original stock ROM, e.g. in case you have already installed a major update, but it has not been released for your country yet. In such cases Samsung usually prevents downgrades - phone usually will not be able to boot after flashing or maybe you will not be able to flash it at all.

ALEXNDR.N9005XXUGBPH2 / POK2:

1. Base:
- Multi CSC (list of natively supported CSC as above) (*)
- Removed KNOX (apps, agent, container, etc..)
- Rooted (SuperSU 2.78 app + binary) (*), BusyBox 1.22.1 (bionic)
- Odexed (original stock), optionally Deodexed (*)
- All original features are present and works
- Able to write to extSdCard by all applications
- No visual changes (100% stock look)
- Stock kernel
- Safe De-Bloated (more info below) (*)
What does it mean and why is it called "safe"?

- ONLY apps available in stores are removed from DevBase, so you can easy (re)install any of these app if you like
- ONLY pre-installed system apps are removed, DevBase installer never touch any updated app nor app installed manually from store

Thus, the following conclusions can be drawn:

1. If you install my DevBase directly over stock ROM without performing "Wipe data" - in most cases almost all these apps will remain untouched, because almost all apps have been updated already (stored on /data). But then you will be able to remove any useless app using the "Application manager", like any other app. Removed manually app will not appear again until you use my DevBase while updating.

2. If you perform "Wipe data" while installing my DevBase - then all apps listed below will be removed. If you would like to use any of these apps - just install it manually from appropriate store. Installed manually app will not be removed during the next DevBase update.

Removed apps list:

Bloomberg
ChatON
Chrome
Drive
Dropbox
Evernote
Flipboard
Google+ / Photos
Group Play
Hangouts
Play Books
Play Games
Play Movies
Play Music
Play Newsstand
Samsung Hub
Samsung Link
TripAdvisor
WatchON

2. Init.d Support (*) (optional):
- Init.d support without need of use custom kernel (details)

3. CscFeature MOD (*) (enabled some built-in, hidden features):
- Added shutter sound menu in Camera
- Sending/receiving MMS without data on
- Added "Exit Internet" option to stock browser
- Added call button in Phone Logs
- Added "Call/Message block" option in Settings
- Added symbols as secondary keys in Samsung keyboard
- Call Recording (manual control, added "Record" button)

4. Xposed framework (*) (optional):
- Current version included: v86.0 by dkcldark

(*) - these options can be controlled by editing options.prop file (you can find such file in ZIP's root directory). Just place modified options.prop file (use e.g. Notepad++ to edit) in the root directory of internal emulated scdard (/data/media/0) or extSdCard (recommended if you plan to format internal emulated sdcard) and then start the installation.

NEW !!! :D Starting from DevBase v3.0 there is a new customization method - you can change most frequently switched options just by renaming installer's ZIP file name. Currently supported "strings" in the file name: "noroot" (means "do not root"), "deodex", "xposed", "initd" (no other comments are required, I hope..).

Installation:
1. CWM/TWRP (KNOX 0x1) - open file using "Install Zip" option and confirm "Yes - install..."
2. FlashFire (requires root) - open file using "Flash ZIP or OTA" option. Do not enable "Everroot" option, because the rom is prerooted with the newest SuperSu and binary! Push "FLASH". This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to Towerloot and updating ROMs via FlashFire only).

No wipe data required if you are coming from stock ROM or a previous version of my DevBase (if you leave "Keep current CSC" option untouched in /options.prop or if you choose same CSC as you are currently using). In other cases - wipe data is highly recommended!

I do not recommend using any additional superwipes or formats before install my DevBase (my installer cleans your system well enough!).

Credits: Chainfire, wanam, amarullz, dsixda, majdinj, JustArchi, Goldie, lidroid, _riddle, svadev, tdunham

Hit Thanks button if you like my work. If you really appreciate my work - feel free to buy me a beer :)

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
DOWNLOADS

Download ROM:

>> N9005XXUGBPH2_DevBase_v3.8.zip << (Bxxx series, changelist 9073885, updated Oct-12-2016, more info in post #2148)

>> N9005XXUGPOK2_DevBase_v3.6.zip << (Pxxx series, changelist 6340996, updated Jun-06-2016, more info in post #2086)

>> Recent ROM versions for SM-N9005 <<

Note:
Check MD5 sum BEFORE flash (useful TOOL), because flashing damaged or incomplete ZIP files could (soft) brick your phone! Correct MD5 sum is shown on the AndroidFileHost website while downloading.

Changelog

v3.8 (starting from N9005XXUGBPH2 DevBase):

- Added hexpatch to root_from function (support for SM-N930x, thanks to @Chainfire)

v3.7 (not released for N9005):

- Another major improvement/bugfix in deodex_from function (full support for 64 bit OS)

v3.6 (starting from N9005XXUGBPD3 DevBase):

- Major improvement/bugfix in deodex_from function (added "-g" switch to zip command - finally no issues in case of deodexed Android 6.0.1)

v3.5 (not released for N9005):

- Improved root_from function (Android 5.1+) - added "setprop selinux.reload_policy 1" removal from init.rc (thanks to @Chainfire)
- Fixed bug in new alghoritm for checking whether stock recovery should be installed or not (introduced in v3.4)
- Added new functionality - installer will store a copy of patched stock kernel in /data for those who flashed custom kernel but for some reasons want to revert to the stock kernel (Android 5.1+)

v3.4 (not released for N9005):

- Completely changed alghoritm for checking whether stock recovery should be installed or not (it applies to FlashFire users). Now it depends on previously used recovery (instead of checking KNOX flag which was not 100% reliable across devices/recoveries)

v3.32 (not released for N9005):

- Updated set_csc, kcsc_backup, kcsc_restore functions to support more devices
- Updated partition detection algorithm to support more devices
- Fixed path to options.prop file placed in external sdcard in case of updating Marshmallow while using FlashFire
- Minor intaller's optimizations/bugfixes

v3.31 (not released for N9005):

- Potential fix for reported problems with root (rare cases)

v3.3 (not released for N9005):

- Improved method of reading options from ZIP file name (previous was directory/path sensitive also)
- Added support to mod_csc function for other than UNIX text format (it's a little ridiculous, but in case of some CSCs - original /system/csc/other.xml file has Windows or MAC text format!)
- Initial support for options.prop file in CRLF text format (DOS/Windows)

v3.21 (not released for N9005):

- Fixed installer's issue if there is a [space] present in ZIP filename or a directory containing DevBase (see #1728)

v3.2 (not released for N9005):

- Another improvements in add_initd function (details - see v1.3)
- Improvements in set_perm, set_perm_rec and root_from functions (recovery-independent structure)
- Improvements in deodex_from function related to Android MM
- New get_con function in the main sh script (useful for devs)
- BusyBox updated to 1.22.1 (bionic) [no, this is NOT a mistake!]

v3.1 (not released for N9005):

- Significantly improved "add_initd" function in the update-binary shell script. Added support for (probably) all available Samsung's platforms (e.g. Exynos) and all available firmwares (based on Android 4.4+)
- In case of installation with Xposed framework installer checks if Xposed Installer app is present in /data/app and installs it automatically if necessary
- Minor intaller's optimizations/improvements

v3.0 (not released for N9005):

- Entire installer has been re-written from the scratch! All "magic" moved to update-binary which is a shell script. It opens up new possibilities never possible before!
- Introduced new customization method - you can change most frequently switched options just by renaming installer's ZIP file name. Currently supported "strings" in the file name:
"noroot" (means "do not root"), "deodex", "xposed", "initd" (no other comments are required, I hope..)
- Starting from v3.0 init.d support is disabled by default

v2.3 (not released for N9005):

- Added option to install suitable Xposed framework in one step while installing DevBase (for maximum comfort). There is a new xframework.sh script - device independent structure and full Android 5.1+/6.0+ support. Backup method is compatible with well known Xposed uninstallers (tested with @wanam's)
- Aroma installer has been removed (there is new customization method without using Aroma (options.prop))

v2.2 (starting from N9005XXUGBOL3 DevBase):

- Significantly improved root_supersu.sh script - device independent structure and full Android 5.1+/6.0+ suport including on the fly kernel/ramdisk/sepolicy patching if necessary. SU binaries are still copied to /system as it is the best choice in case of custom ROMs
- Changed order of performed operations in the updater-script due to new root_supersu.sh script advantages
- Installer wipes partitions designated for RAW content (e.g. kernel / recovery image) before writing to them
- Minor additions in dex_injector.sh script related to Android 6.0+

v2.11 (starting from N9005XXUGPOK2 DevBase):

- Fixed some minor installer's issues ("set_perm" function in set_csc.sh did not work correctly while using wildcards in the path (it was exclusively FlashFire issue! no problem with TWRP / CWM). Fortunately - only /system/etc/csc_*.txt were really "affected" - it didn't cause real issues as these files are empty)
- Added device check during install as flashing directly to EMMC block is potentially more risky for "other" devices. Installer will abort installation if device is not N9005 (hlte(xx)). If you want to try this ROM on other N3 devices - you need to remove this check manually from updater-script (it is more conscious procedure). NOTE: device check may not work correctly with Mobile Odin PRO!
- Updated MOD's installation method to classes.dex injecting

v2.0 (starting from N9005XXUGBOK2 DevBase):

- Completely new concept of ROM development that makes it easy to build most tuned and nuanced custom ROMs. No more arduous manual analysis or (often) invalid permissions / SELinux contexts taken from a kitchen. The main idea is to flash original, stock /system image as EMMC block (in same way as PC Odin does) instead of extracting ZIP's contents to mounted partition, then setting permissions, then creating symlinks, etc. However, it requires more knowledge related to sh scripts as ALL necessary changes need to be done on the fly, while installing (e.g. by injecting modified classes.dex and/or modified images/xmls to /res/../* into an apk). There are no limits, all depends on your creativity!
- One common ZIP installer for Odexed and Deodexed ROM - you can control it by "Deodexed ROM" option in advanced options in the Aroma Installer (there is new dex_injector.sh script which can deodex on the fly the whole ROM using previously processed classes.dex files)
- New protection included to avoid overfilling /system in case of not using Safe De-Bloat (due to large multi CSC package)
- Major improvements in csc_detect.sh script - it is able to detect previous CSC even in cases of flashing over e.g. CM based ROM and/or previously formatted system partition. However, if detected CSC is NOT included in my multi CSC package, in both mentioned cases it is still not possible to keep detected CSC (as there is no CSC related content to backup / restore)
- Improvements in all sh scripts - additional "metadata" entries in updater-script (related to processed contents) are not required
- Improvements in root_supersu.sh script - it is suitable for 32 and 64 bit OS
- Added full zip support from the command line

v1.x (initial version, further improvements, up to N9005XXUGPOI2 DevBase):

- Built without using a kitchen. All set_metadata* / symlink entries are result of arduous manual analysis. For more info about the method - see hidden content for Devs / Chefs
- Aroma Installer to allow customize the installation
- Many useful scripts for easy installation: CSC applying/autodetection, backup/restore of security files, backup/restore of existing CSC package, XML modding on the fly, root, init.d support
- Many small changes and improvements "in the meantime" which I simply do not remember...

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
DOWNLOADS

Useful PC Odin flashable files:

>> Recent bootloader versions for SM-N9005 <<

>> Recent modem versions for SM-N9005 <<

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<
(suitable kernel is already included in my ROM)

Note:
To update bootloader and/or modem you have to power off the phone, wait min 10 seconds and then go directly to Download Mode using Vol_down+Home+Power key combination. Load bootloader using BL button and/or modem using CP button in PC Odin. Push "Start".

Optional MODs

I put some of my favorite MOD's - especially for normal users who want to use my rom - as it is. These modifications I have done personally using (bak)smali tools - these are NOT "borrowed" from other custom rom, nor from someone else's thread (thanks to @majdinj & @tdunham for their excellent modding guides). All files are TWRP / CWM / FlashFire flashable ZIPs:

1. Modified Camera app:
- Full functionality of the Camera app in low battery

2. Modified Phone app:
- Disabled increasing ringtone

3. Modified Messages app:
- Disabled SMS to MMS auto-converting
- Increased SMS/MMS recipient limit (10 -> 1000)
- Increased SMS/MMS hour limit (100 -> 1000)
- Disabled SMS / MMS log history in call logs
- Disabled SMS delivery notifications (*)

(*) If you long press a message you can still check if the message has been delivered or not, we do not need to see and hear notifications for every sms. It's annoying to me!

>> MODs for N9005 (Lollipop) <<

(go to "Restore" directory in case you want to restore original, unmodified apps).

Last edited:

sephkateno

Oct 29, 2009
Ptolemaida
It's always good to see a new developer on our device's forums welcome sir!!! Your work is appreciated. Can someone tell me what has changed in this new rom? The differences from NA7 to this base?

spineto

Feb 1, 2007
Congratulations for your work.

One question before to install. All OPTIONAL features are choosed in Aroma Installer?

Thanks friend

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It's always good to see a new developer on our device's forums welcome sir!!! Your work is appreciated. Can someone tell me what has changed in this new rom? The differences from NA7 to this base?

Still do not know how significant changes introduced Samsung

ChangeList NA7: 348029

ChangeList NB3: 636608

number of changes looks impressive :) life will show us the truth

Congratulations for your work.

One question before to install. All OPTIONAL features are choosed in Aroma Installer?

By default is checked "CscFeature MOD" only - because it does not interact with anything you could install. You can select other modifications if you like :)

If you plan to install Wanam Xposed (unfortunately, it is not very stable solution for Note 3 at this moment) - do not install modified apps

Last edited:

darwinwin

Jul 15, 2012
Beirut

I know - nobody knows me :) but I'm a developer from Poland, on a daily basis involved in the Polish Android forum (nick: alexndr)

Anyway - I noticed that no one wants to make development easier / faster and acreate a pure deodexed base for N9005. So I decided to do it :)

Also I put some of my favorites MOD's (option to choose in the Aroma Installer) - especially for normal users who want to use my rom - as it is. These modifications I done personally - these are NOT borrowed from other custom rom, nor from someone else's thread.

ROM contains my extended CSC package, which I called N9005AXX (ihis is a combination OXX and OXA). Final list of available CSC codes is as follows:

BGL, BTU, CYO, DBT, ERO, EUR, ITV, MSR, ORX, PHE, ROM, SEB, SEE, SIO, TEB, TOP, TPH, TRA, TSR, TWO, XEF, XEH, XEO, XSK

ALEXNDR.N9005XXUENB3 Deodexed:

1. Base (deodexed using (bak)smali 2.0.3):
- Multi CSC (list of CSC as above - to chose in Aroma Installer)
- Available applications are specific to the country / CSC
- Removed KNOX (app, agent, store, container, etc..)
- Deodexed (framework / app / priv-app), Zipaligned
- Rooted (SuperSU 1.93 app + binary), BusyBox 1.22.1
- NO VISUAL CHANGES (100% stock)

2. [OPTIONAL] CscFeature MOD (/system/csc/others.xml):
- Available "Folder View" option in Message app
- Added call button in Contacts and Logs

3. [OPTIONAL] Modified Phone app:

4. [OPTIONAL] Modified Messages app:

5. [OPTIONAL] Modified Camera app:

Installation:
1. CWM recovery (KNOX 0x1) - open file "Install Zip" option and confirm "Yes - install..."
2. Mobile Odin PRO - open file using "OTA/Update ZIP" option. UNTICK Everroot, because the rom is prerooted with the newer SuperSu and binary! Push "Flash Firmware". This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to udating by Mobile Odin PRO only) :)

Languages available in Aroma Installer: Polish, English

Download links:
N9005XXUENB3_DEODEXED_alexndr.zip (Mirror cps)
N9005XXUENB3_DEODEXED_alexndr.zip (Egofiles.com)
MD5: 05B2E962B38F190065603D57B7A7203E

Useful optional files (Odin flashable):
Bootloader XXUENB3: BL_N9005XXUENB3.tar.md5
Modem XXUENB1: CP_N9005XXUENB1.tar.md5

I agree to use my work to create more advanced cutom ROM.
Adding me to the credits is not mandatory, but it would be great if you do it
:)

If I feel that my work is useful - I'm going to continue working when a newer base will be released by Samsung

Hit Thanks button if you like my work :)
Hey I'm planning to upgrade from mj7 4.3 so basically I'm on an older bootloader. Can you please guide me through the steps I should follow ? my knox is already 01 so I don't actually care about it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dkonect

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
ROM works fine with an older KitKat bootloader / modem

Hey by the way really big thanks. We havent had a pure deodexed rom in awhile, Perhaps you can make an Odin Flashable one. It makes life a little easier when moving up in firmwares. Actually I like an Odexed Prerooted but this will do!
If you need help or a tester I am here for ya buddy!

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Ok when using the older BL A6 Version it boots pretty slow but still works.
Updated the BL and Modem just in case and all is great.
Thanks OP works good and like the Aroma selection especially the CSC

Silverbolt

Jan 3, 2007
Auckland
Hi _alexndr,
Your first download link (cps) throws up an error Webpage not available and your second one does not allow free downloads to my country, New Zealand.

Vanto

Mar 9, 2011
Skopje
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

I know - nobody knows me :) but I'm a developer from Poland, on a daily basis involved in the Polish Android forum (nick: alexndr)

Anyway - .....

Download links:
N9005XXUENB3_DEODEXED_alexndr.zip (Mirror cps)
N9005XXUENB3_DEODEXED_alexndr.zip (Egofiles.com)
MD5: 05B2E962B38F190065603D57B7A7203E

Useful optional files (Odin flashable):
Bootloader XXUENB3: BL_N9005XXUENB3.tar.md5
Modem XXUENB1: CP_N9005XXUENB1.tar.md5

Hit Thanks button if you like my work :)

Yeah :cowboy: I/We needed this , but ....

here's what I got ... NO CAN Do the download ?!?

what's the problem ?

doodydood

Nov 11, 2013
Hi _alexndr,
Your first download link (cps) throws up an error Webpage not available and your second one does not allow free downloads to my country, New Zealand.

keep trying it will finally let you download. Took me like a dozen times then the link button was in polish. I clicked it anyway without even understanding what it was, using internet explorer instead of firefox. good luck. downloading it now, slow as f***, over 4 hrs! oh well...
I really need deodexed polish stock so I could customize it myself.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [EOL][ROM][N9005][ALEXNDR] BPH2 * DevBase v3.8 * Multi CSC, Safe De-Bloat, KNOX 0x0

Important notes for Developers / ROM Chefs !!!

This ROM is NOT based on any other custom ROM. My work contains many original ideas and innovations that I introduced as the first in the ROM development (see "Changelist" in post #2). Of course, it does not mean that I do not need to thank anyone - there are a lot of people who helped / inspired me anyhow (see "Credits").

I will risk the statement that at this moment my "DevBase" is the most tuned and nuanced custom ROM available at XDA Forum :cool:

I agree to use any part of my work to create other custom ROMs, but it would be great if you add me to the credits :)

I have decided to create a pure base, which can be a pattern for ROM Chefs (not only for beginners) :D ROM is initially safe de-bloated (read below what does it exactly mean), but all features are present and works!

ROM can be installed by normal users as well. If you like a little de-bloated ROMs, clean, but with all working features - there is no better alternative I think ;)

ROM contains my extended CSC package, which I called N9005AXX (this is a combination OXX, OXA + some additional). Final list of available CSC is as follows:

ATO, AUT, BGL, BTU, CYO, DBT, ERO, ETL, EUR, ITV, MSR, NEE, NZC, ORX, PHE, PHN, ROM, SEB, SEE, SIO, TEB, TNZ, TOP, TPH, TRA, TSR, TWO, XEF, XEH, XEO, XSA, XSK

NEW !!! :D I present you new, unique option: "Keep current CSC", so you can install my DevBase keeping your original CSC even if it is not listed above! Note that in such case this option has some limitations, so read carefully informations below.
    How does it work? Normally, if your current CSC is listed above (contained in my DevBase), this option detects it and automatically applies during install. However, if the detected CSC is not contained in my DevBase, then my new script makes a copy of all known contents associated with CSC (except so-called "CSC bloatware" placed in /system/app & priv-app, e.g brand and/or country specific apps), then installer cleans /system partition as usual, then it flashes new ROM base and then it restores backed up CSC contents instead of my multi CSC pack. It seems to be easy, but was rather laborious - I have analyzed almost all multi CSC packs and most of single CSC packs available in the world (designed to work with N9005XX... base) to make this script as accurate as possible.

As you probably noticed - in such case your CSC pack will be as complete as it was before, thus if you are currently using any custom ROM - BEFORE the first installation of my DevBase I highly recommend you to flash the latest original stock ROM released for your country, then perform "wipe data" using stock recovery and then CHECK your CSC (chage it if necessary - more information below).

For further updates you do not need to repeat it every time. You can flash directly the next (newer) version of my DevBase selecting "Keep current CSC" option again - you can repeat such update procedure for a long time. As you probably noticed again - if your CSC is not contained in my DevBase, then your CSC pack will not be updated until you flash a newer original stock ROM for your country. But don't worry - CSC updates usually bring nothing (usually the only updated thing in CSC pack is the whitelist of LTE networks). I'm not trying to say "CSC updates are completely unnecessary". It's good idea to update it occasionally (especially if you noticed that major Android update for your country has been released). When you will decide to do it - just flash temporarily again the newest original stock ROM containing your CSC, and then you can return to my the newest DevBase (this time wipe data will not be necessary).

NOTE: I do not recommend to use "Keep current CSC" option if your current PDA (build number, after the dot) is other than N9005XX... (e.g. N9005DX..., N9005VJ..., N9005ZH..., N9005ZT..., etc.).

NOTE: Do not use so called "Superwipes" and/or additional /system "formats", otherwise "Keep current CSC" option may not work properly (e.g. if detected CSC is NOT included in my multi CSC package, then it will not be possible to keep detected CSC, as there is no CSC related content to backup / restore).

How can I check my current CSC?
    Install Phone INFO app from Play Store and check your CSC. If you are using stock ROM and everything is ok with your CSC - all CSC fields in Phone Info app should display the same CSC, as below (otherwise, you probably forgot about wipe data when you were installing ROM with another CSC).

CSC_info2.jpg

How can I change my current CSC?
    Q: Recently I tested several ROMs, in result of it my CSC has changed. I would like to install your DevBase, but first I want to restore my country's original CSC. What should I do?

Case 1: Your country's original CSC is available in my DevBase

No special/additional steps are needed. Just install my DevBase with edited options.prop file placed on internal sdcard or extSdCard -> type CSC=[your_csc] instead of CSC=KCSC. Remember to perform "Wipe data" in the recovery before install. Note that sometimes additional reboot is required after completing pre-configuration steps to display your CSC correctly in Phone Info app).

Case 2: Your country's original CSC is not available in my DevBase. Your original ROM contains single CSC pack (ommiting parts with model name and incremental version - name of CSC package is same as product code = CSC)

Example:
    Code:
    Changelist: 636608
    Build date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 04:48:22 +0000
    Product Code: [COLOR="red"]PNG[/COLOR]
    PDA: N9005XXUENC2
    CSC: N9005[COLOR="red"]PNG[/COLOR]ENC2
    MODEM: N9005XXUENC2

In this case you need to flash your original ROM using PC Odin or FlashFire (see "NOTE" below), then perform wipe data using stock recovery and then check your CSC in Phone Info app (note that sometimes additional reboot is required after completing pre-configuration steps to display your CSC correctly in Phone Info app).

Case 3: Your country's original CSC is not available in my DevBase. Your original ROM contains multi CSC pack (ommiting parts with model name and incremental version - name of CSC package differs from product code and usually begins with the letter "O")

Example:
    Code:
    Changelist: 1955971
    Build date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:15:26 +0000
    Product Code: [COLOR="Red"]THL[/COLOR]
    PDA: N9005XXUFNF4
    CSC: N9005[COLOR="red"]OLB[/COLOR]FNG1
    MODEM: N9005XXUFNF2

In this case you need to flash your original ROM using PC Odin or FlashFire (see "NOTE" below), then perform wipe data using stock recovery and then check your CSC in Phone Info app (note that sometimes additional reboot is required after completing pre-configuration steps to display your CSC correctly in Phone Info app). Then becomes something strange - you will see that your CSC is XTC (Philippines) instead of THL (Thailand)! It's because XTC is the default CSC in OLB multi CSC package in case of flashing it on ROM with other than OLB CSC package. To change CSC to THL you need CSC Select app from Play Store (requires root and stock recovery to perform all operations correctly!). Then check your CSC again using Phone Info app - should be OK.

NOTE: Sometimes it's not possibe to flash your original stock ROM, e.g. in case you have already installed a major update, but it has not been released for your country yet. In such cases Samsung usually prevents downgrades - phone usually will not be able to boot after flashing or maybe you will not be able to flash it at all.

ALEXNDR.N9005XXUGBPH2 / POK2:

1. Base:
    - Multi CSC (list of natively supported CSC as above) (*)
    - Removed KNOX (apps, agent, container, etc..)
    - Rooted (SuperSU 2.78 app + binary) (*), BusyBox 1.22.1 (bionic)
    - Odexed (original stock), optionally Deodexed (*)
    - All original features are present and works
    - Able to write to extSdCard by all applications
    - No visual changes (100% stock look)
    - Stock kernel
    - Safe De-Bloated (more info below) (*)
    What does it mean and why is it called "safe"?

- ONLY apps available in stores are removed from DevBase, so you can easy (re)install any of these app if you like
    - ONLY pre-installed system apps are removed, DevBase installer never touch any updated app nor app installed manually from store

Thus, the following conclusions can be drawn:

1. If you install my DevBase directly over stock ROM without performing "Wipe data" - in most cases almost all these apps will remain untouched, because almost all apps have been updated already (stored on /data). But then you will be able to remove any useless app using the "Application manager", like any other app. Removed manually app will not appear again until you use my DevBase while updating.

2. If you perform "Wipe data" while installing my DevBase - then all apps listed below will be removed. If you would like to use any of these apps - just install it manually from appropriate store. Installed manually app will not be removed during the next DevBase update.

Removed apps list:

Bloomberg
    ChatON
    Chrome
    Drive
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    Flipboard
    Google+ / Photos
    Group Play
    Hangouts
    Play Books
    Play Games
    Play Movies
    Play Music
    Play Newsstand
    Samsung Hub
    Samsung Link
    TripAdvisor
    WatchON

2. Init.d Support (*) (optional):
    - Init.d support without need of use custom kernel (details)

3. CscFeature MOD (*) (enabled some built-in, hidden features):
    - Added "Exit Internet" option to stock browser
    - Added call button in Phone Logs
    - Added "Call/Message block" option in Settings
    - Added symbols as secondary keys in Samsung keyboard
    - Call Recording (manual control, added "Record" button)

4. Xposed framework (*) (optional):
    - Current version included: v86.0 by dkcldark

(*) - these options can be controlled by editing options.prop file (you can find such file in ZIP's root directory). Just place modified options.prop file (use e.g. Notepad++ to edit) in the root directory of internal emulated scdard (/data/media/0) or extSdCard (recommended if you plan to format internal emulated sdcard) and then start the installation.

NEW !!! :D Starting from DevBase v3.0 there is a new customization method - you can change most frequently switched options just by renaming installer's ZIP file name. Currently supported "strings" in the file name: "noroot" (means "do not root"), "deodex", "xposed", "initd" (no other comments are required, I hope..).

Installation:
    1. CWM/TWRP (KNOX 0x1) - open file using "Install Zip" option and confirm "Yes - install..."
    2. FlashFire (requires root) - open file using "Flash ZIP or OTA" option. Do not enable "Everroot" option, because the rom is prerooted with the newest SuperSu and binary! Push "FLASH". This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to Towerloot and updating ROMs via FlashFire only).

No wipe data required if you are coming from stock ROM or a previous version of my DevBase (if you leave "Keep current CSC" option untouched in /options.prop or if you choose same CSC as you are currently using). In other cases - wipe data is highly recommended!

I do not recommend using any additional superwipes or formats before install my DevBase (my installer cleans your system well enough!).

Credits: Chainfire, wanam, amarullz, dsixda, majdinj, JustArchi, Goldie, lidroid, _riddle, svadev, tdunham

Hit Thanks button if you like my work. If you really appreciate my work - feel free to buy me a beer :)
    DOWNLOADS

Useful PC Odin flashable files:

>> Recent bootloader versions for SM-N9005 <<

>> Recent modem versions for SM-N9005 <<

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<
    (suitable kernel is already included in my ROM)

Note:
    To update bootloader and/or modem you have to power off the phone, wait min 10 seconds and then go directly to Download Mode using Vol_down+Home+Power key combination. Load bootloader using BL button and/or modem using CP button in PC Odin. Push "Start".

Optional MODs

I put some of my favorite MOD's - especially for normal users who want to use my rom - as it is. These modifications I have done personally using (bak)smali tools - these are NOT "borrowed" from other custom rom, nor from someone else's thread (thanks to @majdinj & @tdunham for their excellent modding guides). All files are TWRP / CWM / FlashFire flashable ZIPs:

1. Modified Camera app:

2. Modified Phone app:

3. Modified Messages app:
    - Disabled SMS delivery notifications (*)

(*) If you long press a message you can still check if the message has been delivered or not, we do not need to see and hear notifications for every sms. It's annoying to me!

>> MODs for N9005 (Lollipop) <<

(go to "Restore" directory in case you want to restore original, unmodified apps).
    DOWNLOADS

Download ROM:

>> N9005XXUGBPH2_DevBase_v3.8.zip << (Bxxx series, changelist 9073885, updated Oct-12-2016, more info in post #2148)

>> N9005XXUGPOK2_DevBase_v3.6.zip << (Pxxx series, changelist 6340996, updated Jun-06-2016, more info in post #2086)

>> Recent ROM versions for SM-N9005 <<

Note:
    Check MD5 sum BEFORE flash (useful TOOL), because flashing damaged or incomplete ZIP files could (soft) brick your phone! Correct MD5 sum is shown on the AndroidFileHost website while downloading.

Changelog

v3.8 (starting from N9005XXUGBPH2 DevBase):

- Added hexpatch to root_from function (support for SM-N930x, thanks to @Chainfire)

v3.7 (not released for N9005):

- Another major improvement/bugfix in deodex_from function (full support for 64 bit OS)

v3.6 (starting from N9005XXUGBPD3 DevBase):

- Major improvement/bugfix in deodex_from function (added "-g" switch to zip command - finally no issues in case of deodexed Android 6.0.1)

v3.5 (not released for N9005):

- Improved root_from function (Android 5.1+) - added "setprop selinux.reload_policy 1" removal from init.rc (thanks to @Chainfire)
    - Fixed bug in new alghoritm for checking whether stock recovery should be installed or not (introduced in v3.4)
    - Added new functionality - installer will store a copy of patched stock kernel in /data for those who flashed custom kernel but for some reasons want to revert to the stock kernel (Android 5.1+)

v3.4 (not released for N9005):

- Completely changed alghoritm for checking whether stock recovery should be installed or not (it applies to FlashFire users). Now it depends on previously used recovery (instead of checking KNOX flag which was not 100% reliable across devices/recoveries)

v3.32 (not released for N9005):

- Updated set_csc, kcsc_backup, kcsc_restore functions to support more devices
    - Updated partition detection algorithm to support more devices
    - Fixed path to options.prop file placed in external sdcard in case of updating Marshmallow while using FlashFire

v3.31 (not released for N9005):

- Potential fix for reported problems with root (rare cases)

v3.3 (not released for N9005):

- Improved method of reading options from ZIP file name (previous was directory/path sensitive also)
    - Added support to mod_csc function for other than UNIX text format (it's a little ridiculous, but in case of some CSCs - original /system/csc/other.xml file has Windows or MAC text format!)
    - Initial support for options.prop file in CRLF text format (DOS/Windows)

v3.21 (not released for N9005):

- Fixed installer's issue if there is a [space] present in ZIP filename or a directory containing DevBase (see #1728)

v3.2 (not released for N9005):

- Another improvements in add_initd function (details - see v1.3)
    - Improvements in set_perm, set_perm_rec and root_from functions (recovery-independent structure)
    - Improvements in deodex_from function related to Android MM
    - New get_con function in the main sh script (useful for devs)
    - BusyBox updated to 1.22.1 (bionic) [no, this is NOT a mistake!]

v3.1 (not released for N9005):

- Significantly improved "add_initd" function in the update-binary shell script. Added support for (probably) all available Samsung's platforms (e.g. Exynos) and all available firmwares (based on Android 4.4+)
    - In case of installation with Xposed framework installer checks if Xposed Installer app is present in /data/app and installs it automatically if necessary
    - Minor intaller's optimizations/improvements

v3.0 (not released for N9005):

- Entire installer has been re-written from the scratch! All "magic" moved to update-binary which is a shell script. It opens up new possibilities never possible before!
    - Introduced new customization method - you can change most frequently switched options just by renaming installer's ZIP file name. Currently supported "strings" in the file name:
    "noroot" (means "do not root"), "deodex", "xposed", "initd" (no other comments are required, I hope..)
    - Starting from v3.0 init.d support is disabled by default

v2.3 (not released for N9005):

- Added option to install suitable Xposed framework in one step while installing DevBase (for maximum comfort). There is a new xframework.sh script - device independent structure and full Android 5.1+/6.0+ support. Backup method is compatible with well known Xposed uninstallers (tested with @wanam's)
    - Aroma installer has been removed (there is new customization method without using Aroma (options.prop))

v2.2 (starting from N9005XXUGBOL3 DevBase):

- Significantly improved root_supersu.sh script - device independent structure and full Android 5.1+/6.0+ suport including on the fly kernel/ramdisk/sepolicy patching if necessary. SU binaries are still copied to /system as it is the best choice in case of custom ROMs
    - Changed order of performed operations in the updater-script due to new root_supersu.sh script advantages
    - Installer wipes partitions designated for RAW content (e.g. kernel / recovery image) before writing to them
    - Minor additions in dex_injector.sh script related to Android 6.0+

v2.11 (starting from N9005XXUGPOK2 DevBase):

- Fixed some minor installer's issues ("set_perm" function in set_csc.sh did not work correctly while using wildcards in the path (it was exclusively FlashFire issue! no problem with TWRP / CWM). Fortunately - only /system/etc/csc_*.txt were really "affected" - it didn't cause real issues as these files are empty)
    - Added device check during install as flashing directly to EMMC block is potentially more risky for "other" devices. Installer will abort installation if device is not N9005 (hlte(xx)). If you want to try this ROM on other N3 devices - you need to remove this check manually from updater-script (it is more conscious procedure). NOTE: device check may not work correctly with Mobile Odin PRO!
    - Updated MOD's installation method to classes.dex injecting

v2.0 (starting from N9005XXUGBOK2 DevBase):

- Completely new concept of ROM development that makes it easy to build most tuned and nuanced custom ROMs. No more arduous manual analysis or (often) invalid permissions / SELinux contexts taken from a kitchen. The main idea is to flash original, stock /system image as EMMC block (in same way as PC Odin does) instead of extracting ZIP's contents to mounted partition, then setting permissions, then creating symlinks, etc. However, it requires more knowledge related to sh scripts as ALL necessary changes need to be done on the fly, while installing (e.g. by injecting modified classes.dex and/or modified images/xmls to /res/../* into an apk). There are no limits, all depends on your creativity!
    - One common ZIP installer for Odexed and Deodexed ROM - you can control it by "Deodexed ROM" option in advanced options in the Aroma Installer (there is new dex_injector.sh script which can deodex on the fly the whole ROM using previously processed classes.dex files)
    - New protection included to avoid overfilling /system in case of not using Safe De-Bloat (due to large multi CSC package)
    - Major improvements in csc_detect.sh script - it is able to detect previous CSC even in cases of flashing over e.g. CM based ROM and/or previously formatted system partition. However, if detected CSC is NOT included in my multi CSC package, in both mentioned cases it is still not possible to keep detected CSC (as there is no CSC related content to backup / restore)
    - Improvements in all sh scripts - additional "metadata" entries in updater-script (related to processed contents) are not required
    - Improvements in root_supersu.sh script - it is suitable for 32 and 64 bit OS
    - Added full zip support from the command line

v1.x (initial version, further improvements, up to N9005XXUGPOI2 DevBase):

- Built without using a kitchen. All set_metadata* / symlink entries are result of arduous manual analysis. For more info about the method - see hidden content for Devs / Chefs
    - Aroma Installer to allow customize the installation
    - Many useful scripts for easy installation: CSC applying/autodetection, backup/restore of security files, backup/restore of existing CSC package, XML modding on the fly, root, init.d support
    - Many small changes and improvements "in the meantime" which I simply do not remember...
    I will think about it :p I just came back from a small vacation ;)

DONE :cool:

ROM (Odexed):

>> N9005XXUGPOF3_DevBase_alexndr.zip <<

ROM (Deodexed): see post #2

Bootloader & modem (update is highly recommended!):

>> BL_N9005XXUGPOF3.tar.md5 <<
    >> CP_N9005XXUGPOF3.tar.md5 <<

No wipe data needed if you are on Lollipop already :)

NOTE: GPOxx is a specific firmware and it follows different development path. For more information please read posts: #2150, #1356, #1363 (in similar G900F thread).

Many people report that all BT / WiFi issues have been solved by Samsung in GPOF3 ROM :D

Enjoy :cool:
    ★★★ Merry Christmas ★★★

I present you Lollipop DevBase :cool:

ROM:

>> N9005XXUGBNL8_DevBase_alexndr.zip <<

Bootloader & modem:

>> BL_N9005XXUGBNL8.tar.md5 <<
    >> CP_N9005XXUGBNL8.tar.md5 <<

Persist partition update:

>> PERSIST_LP_N9005.tar.md5 <<

Pre-installation notes:

- Flashing Lollipop leak before flashing my ROM is NOT necessary (re-partition is NOT necessary also)
    - You will be able to downgrade to 4.4.2 GNG1+ if you like, without any problems (wipe data will be needed after flashing GNG1+)
    - KitKat -> Lollipop update REQUIRES wipe data to work properly, but you can restore important apps+data using TB or Helium
    - You can install this ROM keeping KNOX 0x0 :cool:

Installation:

1. Install ZIP using MOP / CWM / TWRP, remember to tick "Wipe data" in the Aroma if you are coming from KitKat (KNOX 0x0 holders - I highly recommend you to tick "Update stock recovery" option also in the Aroma)
    2. [*] At the end of installation process (when you see "Reboot Device" / "End") - remove battery for a while
    3. [*] Insert the battery, then go directly to Download Mode (Vol_down+Home+Power, then Vol_up to confirm)
    4. [*] Flash using PC Odin BL / CP / PERSIST, according to attached screenshot (flashing PERSIST is not necessary if you have flashed Lollipop ever before, using PC Odin)
    5. Wait for the first boot (it may take up to 5 minutes !!!)
    6. ENJOY :cool:

[*] - it is not necessary if you are using Lollipop already

ROM contains all the MODs mentioned in post #1 :cool:
    (except "Disable increasing ringtone")

ROM works perfectly for me, I've not noticed any issues. Looks like it is RC (Release Candidate) :)

NOTE !!!
    DO NOT install Xposed Framework as it is NOT compatible with Android 5.0 anymore (due to new ART runtime instead of Dalvik !!!).