[BETA] Greenify 2.9.5 beta 3 (Sep. 21, 2016)

Search This thread

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
This thread is served as a general discussion and feedback for recent beta versions. It will be updated with newest version in title and change log in the first post.

Changelog:
v2.95 beta 3
Aggressive Doze now works in non-root mode on Android 7. (Manual privilege granting via USB required)
Improved GCM Wake-up (Xposed) for some misbehaving apps. (e.g. WeChat)
Improved the stability of accessibility service.
Fixed Wake-up Cut-off on Android 6+.
Fixed Shallow Hibernation (Android 6+) in boost mode (Xposed).
Fixed alarm analysis on Android 6+.
Fixed the false "Root privilege not granted" notification.
Fixed the verification failure in a short time after donation package is installed.

v2.95 beta 2
Wake-up cut-off now works on Android 7.0 (root).
Improved the overall stability and smoothness of non-root auto-hibernation.

v2.95 beta 1
Auto-hibernation in non-root mode is now compatible with secured key-guard. No more compromise for device security!
Screen-off by Greenify no longer invalidates fingerprint unlock and Smart Lock. Be sure to enable "Alternative Screen Off" in settings.
Aggressive Doze and doze notification is now compatible with Android 7.0 in root and boost mode. (support for non-root mode on the way)
Tasker plug-ins for toggling Auto-Hibernation and Aggressive Doze.
Improved app state detection on Android 6.0+.

Known issues
Doze on the Go is not yet compatible with Android 7.0 in non-root mode. We are seeking for a proper solution.

Get beta versions
Opt-in to beta channel or download the apk file.

Last edited:

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
Tried the aggressive doze on my Nexus 6 ,,
Had it plugged into my PC with a logcat running . i used the " battery unplug " command .

I can see it go into Doze on screen off . a new notification says " entered doze mode" , but with a bit of shaking a movement it wakes up , so on the Nexus 6 at least it still gets awoken with motion

Have you granted the DUMP permission manually?

Reactions: jakson7474

draggehn

Jul 26, 2013
California
@oasisfeng Just curious if you have any idea how to fix this problem: one of the recent updates of Greenify made my fingerprint sensor during sleep no longer work; I have to wake up my device (turn the screen on) for it to respond again. Any ideas? (I am fairly certain it is Greenify as 1) nothing recently has changed, 2) somebody on the Nexus 5X subreddit also had this problem)

Reactions: jakson7474

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
I have a concept to offer for a new beta build.
Is it possible to make a hybrid engine, where we can choose per app the ones we want to be hibernated with the normal mode and what apps we want to use shallow hibernation?
So for example i can set whatsapp for shallow hibernation and fb messenger to normal hibernation mode

Ye, that's the plan in the next major version (3.0 probably), which needs a completely redesign of the UI.

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
@oasisfeng Just curious if you have any idea how to fix this problem: one of the recent updates of Greenify made my fingerprint sensor during sleep no longer work; I have to wake up my device (turn the screen on) for it to respond again. Any ideas? (I am fairly certain it is Greenify as 1) nothing recently has changed, 2) somebody on the Nexus 5X subreddit also had this problem)

I've never had this issue on my daily Nexus 5X. Do you use nav-bar gesture to hibernate apps and turn off the screen?
Please try disabling some of the features (Aggressive Doze, Shallow Hibernation for example) in Greenify and try again to narrow down the cause.

draggehn

Jul 26, 2013
California
I've never had this issue on my daily Nexus 5X. Do you use nav-bar gesture to hibernate apps and turn off the screen?
Please try disabling some of the features (Aggressive Doze, Shallow Hibernation for example) in Greenify and try again to narrow down the cause.

Disabling aggressive doze right now, I'll report back.

lusto170859

Mar 24, 2015
Hohenmölsen
It's a Dream. 3 percent in 8 hours. Calls and WhatsApp messages arrive anyway. I don't need more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160205-071014.png
    Screenshot_20160205-071014.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 938
Last edited:

oasisfeng

Dec 9, 2011
I'm going to prepare for and celebrate the Chinese New Year in the following two weeks. The next beta release is probably not going to be released soon.
I'll check and reply to posts here occasionally during the holiday.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is served as a general discussion and feedback for recent beta versions. It will be updated with newest version in title and change log in the first post.

Changelog:
    v2.95 beta 3
    Aggressive Doze now works in non-root mode on Android 7. (Manual privilege granting via USB required)
    Improved GCM Wake-up (Xposed) for some misbehaving apps. (e.g. WeChat)
    Improved the stability of accessibility service.
    Fixed Wake-up Cut-off on Android 6+.
    Fixed Shallow Hibernation (Android 6+) in boost mode (Xposed).
    Fixed alarm analysis on Android 6+.
    Fixed the false "Root privilege not granted" notification.
    Fixed the verification failure in a short time after donation package is installed.

v2.95 beta 2
    Wake-up cut-off now works on Android 7.0 (root).
    Improved the overall stability and smoothness of non-root auto-hibernation.

v2.95 beta 1
    Auto-hibernation in non-root mode is now compatible with secured key-guard. No more compromise for device security!
    Screen-off by Greenify no longer invalidates fingerprint unlock and Smart Lock. Be sure to enable "Alternative Screen Off" in settings.
    Aggressive Doze and doze notification is now compatible with Android 7.0 in root and boost mode. (support for non-root mode on the way)
    Tasker plug-ins for toggling Auto-Hibernation and Aggressive Doze.

Known issues
    Doze on the Go is not yet compatible with Android 7.0 in non-root mode. We are seeking for a proper solution.

Get beta versions
    Opt-in to beta channel or download the apk file.
    Notifications appear in beta 3, even though I have disabled them in the app's settings.
    Using root method, on Android 5.1.1.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using XDA Labs

Here too, ID Crisis 6.0.

As the guys above me posted... Same issue with notifications staying on even when turned off

+1 with the notifications. Using CM13.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

+1 on the notification.

Changeling from play store:
    NEW: Quick Action Notification
    NEW: Doze on the Go (Android 6.x)
    Aggressive Doze can now be enabled manually via USB-connected PC even if Doze is disabled in ROM.

+1 on notification. I do not have it turned on but still gives me notices everytime. And that's on the new quick panel access.

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Was having the same issue with the notifications staying on. However when I turned the notifications on in Greenify then completely shut down my phone, then booted it back up, I went right back into Greenify and turn the notifications off. The notifications disappeared immediately.. and have not come on after several reboots

S7 Edge
    Renovate Rom
    Stock Kernel

In Greenify 2.9 beta 3 the notification keeps appearing.
    That's very annoying. :(

Disabling Greenify's notifications in system settings will kill Doze notifications also. My method kills only the Quick Action Notification and allows Doze notifications to come through.

Sorry for the trouble, this bug is now fixed in beta4. I've been busy fixing all the bugs reported by you guys in the whole weekend. I'll try to give timely feedback from now on.
    I have a concept to offer for a new beta build.
    Is it possible to make a hybrid engine, where we can choose per app the ones we want to be hibernated with the normal mode and what apps we want to use shallow hibernation?
    So for example i can set whatsapp for shallow hibernation and fb messenger to normal hibernation mode

Ye, that's the plan in the next major version (3.0 probably), which needs a completely redesign of the UI.
    @oasisfeng I have seen this mentioned multiple times on this forum and Google+ without really being addressed so I will mention it myself and include logcats.

Basically, the situation is that some people have reported duplicate notifications from apps that use GCM push messages. The issue seems to exist only if you have the option to "allow GCM push for greenfied apps" selected in the the Xposed options with the donation package. This issue started all the way back on the 2.9.5 beta 3 and has persisted through every update since. It does not seem to matter if the app is hibernated or not. If you have that option selected, you receive duplicate notifications from apps such as Twitter, Snapchat, and also an app that I use called Storm Shield that gives you severe weather alerts.

What I proceeded to do was follow your "Troubleshooting Guide for GCM Wake-up" and installed AutoRemoteLite to test the issue. The app was not greenfied. With the first test, I made sure the option to "allow GCM push" was selected. I then pushed myself a simple message that said "hi". Sure enough, I received 2 notifications a few seconds apart. I took a logcat of this from just before the sending of the message until about 5 seconds after the arrival of the 2nd notification. I included everything that happened in that time span in the logcat just in case there is information you may need. There are definitely errors in the logcat though and you can see it was sent twice. For the 2nd test, I unchecked the option to "allow GCM push" and triggered the same message while taking a logcat using the same circumstances as the first. This time I only received the notification once and there are no errors in the logcat.

I have included both logcats below and I hope this can be of help to you. I don't know how widespread this issue is, but counting myself I have seen at least 6 reports. If you could have a look when you have some spare time, I would appreciate it. My phone details are included in the logcats and I am running Cm13 with the last nightly available. The first attachment is with the duplicate notification and the second is without. If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks for the great app. Much respect.
    Thanks a lot for beta4, I just installed it. :)

I have two feature requests:

1. Could you implement an (Xposed based) feature that keeps the motion sensors active and just hinders Doze to access them?
    The reason I'm asking is that I use Double Tap To Wake in conjunction with a check of the proximity sensor, so it doesn't turn on accidentally when in pocket, and this doesn't work when the sensors are completely disabled.
    Another app called ForceDoze does have this functionality, however this app doesn't work reliably for some users, including me, while your Aggressive Doze implementation works rock solid here.

2. Could you add two Tasker intents to turn off and on Aggressive Doze?
    The reason I'm asking this is that I want to turn Aggressive Doze automatically off while I'm recording a GPS track (which can be done by checking the "recording" notification with Tasker and Notification Listener plugin), because the track gets interrupted otherwise.
    Again, ForceDoze has this functionality, but has problems to work reliably in other aspects.

Thanks in advance for your answer and (hopefully) for implementing these requests!

These two suggestions are welcome, I'll try to experiment and implement them in a future version.