Droid X2 Bootstrap with Chinese ROM Update Zip

Search This thread

DJJasonK

Jul 12, 2011
Great news

Its still a lil too advanced for me to use yet, but the ball is rolling fast now. Has there been any word on the potential stable speed of the tegra when overclocked. My incredible was never stable beyond stock.

I did it it, and it was way easier than I thought it was going to be. Not going to bother with the chinese rom though. I haven't heard anyone say it was any better than stock, so why bother.

Last edited:

ericerk

Jun 21, 2010
Its still a lil too advanced for me to use yet, but the ball is rolling fast now. Has there been any word on the potential stable speed of the tegra when overclocked. My incredible was never stable beyond stock.

Eh, not rolling tooo fast, its rolling the same its been for the past week, people are just over hyping everything TOO MUCH, and that rom is practically an update.zip but Chinese (from what i gathered i may be wrong)

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Im thinking of trying the chinese rom this weekend to see if I can muddle though the settings and change it to english. I dont read or speak, much less write, chinese. If anybody can tell me that this can or cant be done, let me know before I spend to much time on it... Please....

TIA

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

GulMiguel

Oct 2, 2008
Cusseta, AL
Im thinking of trying the chinese rom this weekend to see if I can muddle though the settings and change it to english. I dont read or speak, much less write, chinese. If anybody can tell me that this can or cant be done, let me know before I spend to much time on it... Please....

TIA

I got curious and decided to start looking at the files in the zip (one-by-one). So far, each file that I have opened is in English. Since the SBF does work, I'm wondering what would it hurt to at least give it a try and if it all comes up in Mandarin, then I can simply clean everything off and go back to how things were before. I'm not a dev, and I don't pretend like I could be one or know what I'm doing. I know how to flash, sbf and most importantly - ask for help when there's something I don't understand. I haven't seen anything (in the files I've viewed so far) that would lead me to believe that this is anything other than a normal ROM that the Chinese just happen to have.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this matter, please share. My curiosity may just be in overdrive and i've been hungering so long for a ROM that this might just be desperation and a case of huberus of the worst magnitude. I welcome all learned comments/suggestions on the matter.

Thanks in advance family.

c21johnson

Dec 5, 2010
If you erase data prior to flashing the rom, when you reboot, it will be at the initial android activation screen. It will be in chinese, but you can simply click the icon in the bottom right hand corner and change to english. Only problems I've ran into so far using this method is that the paid is that paid market doesn't seem to work. But with the new market available, you may just be able to install it over top and bring back full functionality.

Once I return home im going to make an all night attempt st conjuring something up based on this rom, I'll post it if I accomplish anything.

Last edited:

GulMiguel

Oct 2, 2008
Cusseta, AL
If you erase data prior to flashing the rom, when you reboot, it will be at the initial android activation screen. It will be in chinese, but you can simply click the icon in the bottom right hand corner and change to english. Only problems I've ran into so far using this method is that the paid is that paid market doesn't seem to work. But with the new market available, you may just be able to install it over top and bring back full functionality.

Once I return home im going to make an all night attempt st conjuring something up based on this rom, I'll post it if I accomplish anything.

Now that is some MAJOR information that I needed to know. Thank you so very much. I will most definitely be trying this tonight when I get home from work. I feel like a kid with a new toy....is that bad? Oh well, can't help myself. Have to tinker. It will be interesting to see what happens during the next step of the test - seeing if it has the same problems as the stock version (rebooting when it wants to, powering itself off while in the charging dock, etc.) We won't even discuss Quadrant speeds or overclocking yet. I think that's the stuff I will leave to you experts. I'm a major novice who is a pseudo adrenaline junkie when it comes to my phone. I'm like Tim Allen wanting it to have "more power, grunt grunt'.

I'll stop being silly now and rather I will thank you again for the heads-up...it is greatly appreciated.

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
This is exactly the info I was looking for. I am not a dev either. I just know enough to get myself in trouble and then get out of it, most of the time..... I do believe we can just replace the market and if that is so that will be awesome. the next thing we are going to have to figure out is if and how we remove the chinese bloat.

About the issues affecting the stock ROM we have at the moment, from my understanding, the chinese one is basically the same. So the same issues may still exist...

I will attempt this tonight after work and a backup so that I can wipe and sbf to start from scratch...

Its great to see interest and attempts at advancing our current state of affairs, even if the progress is minimal. Progress is PROGRESS people!!!!

TIA

Reactions: GulMiguel

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
So I just flashed the Chinese ROM.... I did what c21johnson said and switched it to English using the bottom right hand button... After that its pretty much the same as usual, log in, configure VZW and Google access and then you get to the default moto blur crap that came with the phone... Some bloat has been removed, but again as has been stated previously some has been added... Two apps that are in Chinese that cant be uninstalled... Aside from that its all the same... I am restoring back to the backup I did before flashing the Chinese ROM as it is absolutely nothing special.....

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011
Has anyone tried to overclock the chinese room? I heard its the same as original rom, but since its a custom kernal, it might be able to be overclocked.

Sent from my Droid X using XDA Premium App

ccortner

Mar 26, 2011
Does it really have a custom kernel?
If it does then we should be mining Chinese forums to figure out how because someone would have had to sign it with our locked bootloader. I bet its stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

c21johnson

Dec 5, 2010
Does it really have a custom kernel?
If it does then we should be mining Chinese forums to figure out how because someone would have had to sign it with our locked bootloader. I bet its stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

No custom kernel and cannot be overclocked. Still searching into a method to overclock this beast.

naviathan

Apr 8, 2010
This works great!
I've even recovered from a brick using the SBF and a nandroid recovery from the System Recovery on this. So when are we going to start seeing some ROMs?

hitman_dreams

Aug 31, 2009
MA
Umm, someone needs to explain more about this. It doesn't seem to be anything that isn't already out for us, just it's in Chinese. I see no reason to use this or even have it posted here at all unless you can unlock the bootloader...has anyone tried that yet? I won't hold my breath on this btw.

I fail to see how this is different...our current recovery requires being plugged into a wall, why use this instead?

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
New way to use this apk

Many thanks to Tenfar for the apk. This is the same but it is not installed form your file manager it is flashed with recovery mode already enabled.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426062
It writes to /preinstall , /system/bin and /data (just as the recovery mode-ON apk does) BUT NOT to /data/data (as the apk relies on). Also charge mode is not available as it needs to be recovery enabled in order to save "you" on a bad rom flash or data data wipe.

Why use it? You may ask:
With this you can now safely do a data wipe and still reboot into cwr by just flashing this as the last step before "reboot system now" it will save you from SBFing if anything keeps you from booting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts