[Q] Galaxy S4 Clone MT6572 Help and Advice

Search This thread

PausedDreams

Mar 5, 2014
Hello everyone. Congratulations for the wonderful forum you have here.

Before you read my post i suggest you arm yourselves with some pop corn/ tortilas/ chips/ because i will keep you here for a while.
I have searched for quite a long time and tried a couple of things which i found in the forum but didn't work before i ended up signing up and posting..i might have missed the right answer, so please forgive me if i did.

A friend of mine accidentally bought a fake/clone galaxy s4. (Phone info on first photo)
When he came to show it to me i could see that the phone was running really slowly and laggy (lot of fps drops even when sliding through the apps pages), and despite that he only managed to put just one application which was less than 500kb, he would constantly get the message of 'low storage' so he had to delete it to free up some space. I checked his storage through phone settings and he had total space 16GB and from these, 13GB would be used up by apps but since he hasn't downloaded so many apps yet it seemed illogical. Same goes with the phone storage, 16.53 GB total space and despite this it would show that he has used up a lot of it on apps pictures videos etc. We hadn't taken any photos yet so it is again weird. Please have a look at the second and third screenshots. (i also put a 4gb sd card which was almost empty, and it would show that i inserted a 16gb sd card which had about 2 gb free memory :/ )

So i offered to try to format the memory and do a factory reset. I did it since i had some experience with my galaxy s2 which is original.
Guess what, it would show the same storage as if i never touched it, run really slow, PLUS 23 hours a day there is no signal and can't make any phone calls. And even if there is little signal once i try to make a phone call the signal gets lost.

I have managed to download cpu z and hardware info and as you can see from the rest of the screenshots the actual storage is 137 MB internal and 12 MB (!) external.

What is going on exactly with this phone? How can i make the phone run faster and not so annoyingly slow and laggy? How can i get the signal back to normal? And is there a way to make the memory be 16GB for real? Maybe this firmware is 'masking' the phone's true memory capacity? Or is it really just 137MB and there is no way to expand it's capacity? Maybe a root or some new firmware? The only experience i have with rooting is with my original galaxy s2 so if there is such a solution please tell me in detail the procedure as i suppose it would be different from original phones. Looking forward for your replies. Thank you for walking with me so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-09-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-09-25.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 938
  • Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-10-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-10-01.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 876
  • Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-11-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-11-37.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 801
  • Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-08-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-08-54.png
    131 KB · Views: 729
  • Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-08-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-08-28.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 612
  • Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-07-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-01-07-46.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 727

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
What is going on exactly with this phone?
unquote

SORRY to confirm this a clone and we can't help you in any way.
no worry you surely paid for what you get. a good phone clone!

Reactions: PausedDreams

LyuboA

Jun 5, 2013
Sofia
I have some expirience with S3 i9300 clone wich was almost identical to this one specs and after 2 days playing with it i can tell you this you cant install almost no apps on these phone and this is if the phone use some old android cause most of these replicas use some made up OS and only says android they cannot be rooted you cant do anything to improve it you can use them only to make calls well i guess you cant do even that with this one so better try to get your money back cause there is no hope for these clones

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: PausedDreams

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately xda doesnt offer any support for clones/fakes.
    What is going on exactly with this phone?
    unquote

SORRY to confirm this a clone and we can't help you in any way.
    no worry you surely paid for what you get. a good phone clone!
    I have some expirience with S3 i9300 clone wich was almost identical to this one specs and after 2 days playing with it i can tell you this you cant install almost no apps on these phone and this is if the phone use some old android cause most of these replicas use some made up OS and only says android they cannot be rooted you cant do anything to improve it you can use them only to make calls well i guess you cant do even that with this one so better try to get your money back cause there is no hope for these clones

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thank you for your replies guys. So i guess it is not worth any more of my time.