Help installing Verizon Firmware on Unlocked SM-N975U1

Search This thread

cwwjr1681

Jun 17, 2010
So I have a SM-N975U1 (unlocked) from samsung. I want to install the stock Verizon firmware (VZW) on the phone. I downloaded the following https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g.../SM-N975U1/VZW/download/N975U1UEU1ASH4/286268

I installed the VZW firmware via Odin but oddly enough its still the XAA firmware. Not the stock VZW firmware I want. I want the full stock firmware. Verizon 4g icons, Bloat and all. Do I have to change the CSC on these newer models? Haven't done this since my note 8. I thought these stock firmwares were interchangeable? What did I do wrong?

Advice?

Last edited:
Can you tell me how you did it? Which files?

The steps are the same as the S8, Note 8, S9, Note 9, S10.

Use Samfirm tool to download the latest firmware files. You need to use model SM-N975U and region code is VZW for Verizon.

Then use patched ODIN 3.13.1_3b to install.

All other instructions can found by searching the Note 9 forums.

Reactions: skylinegtr116

Use Samfirm tool to download the latest firmware files. You need to use model SM-N975U and region code is VZW for Verizon.

Did odin take a long time Saying file analysis Before start flashing? Mine stays like that for more than 10 mins and nothing happens

Did odin take a long time Saying file analysis Before start flashing? Mine stays like that for more than 10 mins and nothing happens

Ten minutes is a little long. It sometimes locks up. Reset and close out ODIN. Then set it back up. Do a factory reset from recovery mode and then immediately go to download mode and hit start.

cwwjr1681

Jun 17, 2010

I am not sure what a "Patched" oden others mentioned even is. I do not think I used that. I used SamFirm to download EVERYTHING I needed file wise. As for Odin. I got it from here https://odindownload.com/

I used these Settings in SamFirm
Model: SM-N975U (even though I am on the U1)
Region: VZW
Manual Box Checked
PDA: N975USQU1ASH4
CSC: N975UOYN1ASH4
Phone: N975USQU1ASH4

Make sure you use CSC file. Not Home CSC. Also install UserData. Then you should be all set :good:

coltonheidtbrink

Sep 28, 2010
So I have a SM-N975U1 (unlocked) from samsung. I want to install the stock Verizon firmware (VZW) on the phone. I downloaded the following

I installed the VZW firmware via Odin but oddly enough its still the XAA firmware. Not the stock VZW firmware I want. I want the full stock firmware. Verizon 4g icons, Bloat and all. Do I have to change the CSC on these newer models? Haven't done this since my note 8. I thought these stock firmwares were interchangeable? What did I do wrong?

Advice?

Do you know does the unlocked version on Verizon work with sms over wifi? I'm not guessing it doesn't since my Pixel worked flawlessly at my desk in the basement at work. I assume I would need to flash the Verizon firmware as you have?

netghozt

May 23, 2006
So I'm trying to decide which version on the 10+ to buy. Will I lose any features if I flashed a Verizon rom onto an unlocked 10+ ? Are there any benefits to having the unlocked vs carrier device? Thanks

I am not sure what a "Patched" oden others mentioned even is. I do not think I used that. I used SamFirm to download EVERYTHING I needed file wise. As for Odin. I got it from here https://odindownload.com/

I used these Settings in SamFirm
Model: SM-N975U (even though I am on the U1)
Region: VZW
Manual Box Checked
PDA: N975USQU1ASH4
CSC: N975UOYN1ASH4
Phone: N975USQU1ASH4

Make sure you use CSC file. Not Home CSC. Also install UserData. Then you should be all set :good:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=patched+odin

And no, patched ODIN is not necessary when flashing carrier firmware, although it is necessary when flashing back to the U1 Firmware. I just use it for everything as it seems to cause less issues.

gigawatt

Nov 19, 2008
Hi, I have completed the following steps numerous times. I first wiped data and cache then installing the u1 firmware. My note 10 plus sm-nn975u was originally T-Mobile. I had placed a Spectrum sim inside before the flash. Once on U1 spectrum Charter APN settings show up and all works fine. However I wanted to flash to the CHA OR Charter Spectrum firmware. I wiped data and cache and flash. My phone then comes up with T-mobile start screen and bloat. Are the Charter files on Sam fakes or am I missing something. I am totally blind, so when the phone boots after flash it doesn't say its rebooting to apply carrier settings, it just boots on up to setup screen where I turn on voice for the blind and begin setting up. I even tried to reboot after flash with no sim and it says please insert sim but no reboot or prompt to reboot after sim installation.
I am using odin 3.13.1_3B. Please help.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=patched+odin

And no, patched ODIN is not necessary when flashing carrier firmware, although it is necessary when flashing back to the U1 Firmware. I just use it for everything as it seems to cause less issues.

ebkbk24

Sep 15, 2019
Verizon s10+ 5g to unlocked s10+

I have the Verizon n976v note 10+ 5g. I’m looking to put the unlocked firmware on it. I get an error (failed) with modified Odin. Is there an extra step?

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I have the Verizon n976v note 10+ 5g. I’m looking to put the unlocked firmware on it. I get an error (failed) with modified Odin. Is there an extra step?

i have the same device.. the N976V is verizon note 10 plus 5g.. its not the same as the U1 variants.. i assume the fail is a secure check fail? thats bcuz the U1 is signed with different keys..

so far all the 5g devices have been carrier specific models and firmware is not interchangeable between them

bimbo77777

Nov 30, 2013
There is no SM-N975U in the list or when i type it in?

Can you post a link. there is no 975u in the list

Not available on it. This won't let me upload screenshots but it only has 975U1 if you manually type in the list ends at n960s

Then you aren't using SamFirm. There's no list that pops up.

Go to www.google.com

Go to the search bar

Type in "SamFirm tool"

Until you do that and research what I'm talking about, I can't help you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to download the verizon U version not the U1, I tried to do it and got stock on the activation screen