[ROM] Vanir

Search This thread

Cassiusss

Feb 14, 2015
Good news, Gargaros gave me a new link for PA4.6.zip, it now includes the fix for Play Services.
I've updated the first post with the new link.
For us who have already installed the rom, we have to download PA4.6.zip again (I9070P.zip too if you have an I9070P) and install it without Wipe data.

Last edited:

sm_adil

Oct 6, 2016
Mangalore
Thanks Cassiusss:cowboy:
Won't it would be better if Gargaros joins XDA community!!!!
For quick updates:laugh:
Also I wanted to ask if he has modded any cm 12.1 based ROM's???

Reactions: Cassiusss

Cassiusss

Feb 14, 2015
Yeah, that would better! I had to create an account on Androidiani (Gargaros' forum) in order to contact him.
By the way, he doesn't have any Lollipop or Marshmallow roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: sm_adil

bhisma_gangga

Dec 7, 2013
Denpasar
Thankss

Good news, Gargaros gave me a new link for PA4.6.zip, it now includes the fix for Play Services.
I've updated the first post with the new link.
For us who have already installed the rom, we have to download PA4.6.zip again (I9070P.zip too if you have an I9070P) and install it without Wipe data.
Wow.. it's a great news..:good:
Thanks to Gargaros who build the rom and also to you who connecting us to Gargaros :D:laugh::good::fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Cassiusss

Iakovos64

Mar 14, 2014
I installed the PA4.6.zip. It's realy a very good rom. Maybe the best. Thank you.
I had a problem with the app of the clock. I uninstalled it and I reinstalled it from google play. It seems to be ok.
The "recent apps" does not work so fluency.
I can not transfer the apps from the internal space of tel to the "sd"(It is about 4 gb free space). I tried it with the link2sd and app2sd. How can I make it?

Also sometimes in the calls, I can not hear my interlocutor and he does not even hear me. I need to restart the phone to solve the problem.

Anyway I suggest this rom to everybody. It is ligth, fast and stable.

Last edited:

prvnp

Jul 17, 2015
Please Help...

I am UNABLE TO FLASH ANY ROM....

Tried many before trying this one, the CWM Recovery always shows "E: can't mount /sdcard/"

FED UP WITH ALL THIS....
I was able to install previously, but then I switched back to official one. And now, since the official one has again started to lag so much, I want to move to any other custom ROM... Which this error is not allowing me...

PLEASE HELP... I AM STUCK IN NOWHERE... FLASHED OFFICIAL ROM 4 TIMES SO AS TO START AFRESH... NO SUCCESS... ALL FILES CORRECT (NO CORRUPT FILE)... ROOTED...

francewcoboc

Apr 21, 2017
Hello everybody, I've red the posts and this rom looks promising!
I have just two quick questions that I'd like to ask before going to flash this rom:
-Does it have "Radio FM" app installed?
-If I want to go back to "Leggera" rom, con I do it without problems?

Thanks!

Cassiusss

Feb 14, 2015
Please Help...

I am UNABLE TO FLASH ANY ROM....

Tried many before trying this one, the CWM Recovery always shows "E: can't mount /sdcard/"

FED UP WITH ALL THIS....
I was able to install previously, but then I switched back to official one. And now, since the official one has again started to lag so much, I want to move to any other custom ROM... Which this error is not allowing me...

PLEASE HELP... I AM STUCK IN NOWHERE... FLASHED OFFICIAL ROM 4 TIMES SO AS TO START AFRESH... NO SUCCESS... ALL FILES CORRECT (NO CORRUPT FILE)... ROOTED...
So... did you follow the installation steps on the first page? At wich step did you get the error?
Hello everybody, I've red the posts and this rom looks promising!
I have just two quick questions that I'd like to ask before going to flash this rom:
-Does it have "Radio FM" app installed?
-If I want to go back to "Leggera" rom, con I do it without problems?

Thanks!
No radio app installed, you can go back without problems.

francewcoboc

Apr 21, 2017
So... did you follow the installation steps on the first page? At wich step did you get the error?

No radio app installed, you can go back without problems.

Thank you Cassiuss, I flashed it and I have to say it's working great!! :)
Do you know any way to enable the light of the keys as a notification led?
Thanks,
Francesco

prvnp

Jul 17, 2015

I followed the exact steps...
The main area of problem is WHEN I MOVE TO THE OPTION "CHOOSE ZIP FROM SDCARD"
Every time when I select this option, I get an error "E: can't mount /sdcard/"

Its not just for this ROM only... Its for every other ROM out there.... I have tried the SlimKat one... Carbon... CyanogenMod... All...
None of them gets installed... It only pops the same error "E: can't mount /sdcard/"

I have even tried to format the sdcard with different file systems, but no luck.

I just need a one-for-all solution because the problem lies with the error "E: can't mount /sdcard/" only...

PS: I had installed custom ROMs in the past, but reverted back to official one after some time. All the ROMs are working, and not corrupted.

Last edited:

sm_adil

Oct 6, 2016
Mangalore
I followed the exact steps...
The main area of problem is WHEN I MOVE TO THE OPTION "CHOOSE ZIP FROM SDCARD"
Every time when I select this option, I get an error "E: can't mount /sdcard/"

Its not just for this ROM only... Its for every other ROM out there.... I have tried the SlimKat one... Carbon... CyanogenMod... All...
None of them gets installed... It only pops the same error "E: can't mount /sdcard/"

I have even tried to format the sdcard with different file systems, but no luck.

I just need a one-for-all solution because the problem lies with the error "E: can't mount /sdcard/" only...

PS: I had installed custom ROMs in the past, but reverted back to official one after some time. All the ROMs are working, and not corrupted.

Firstly go to the recovery and mount sdcard
And than install the ROM
Try flashing Laggera ROM from temporary recovery(it should work cause its stock based and debloted)

If your still unable to install it from temporary recovery than you can try CoCore kernel(it is for stock ROMs)
Flash it via dd method or use ukf tool app

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140597

Than reboot to recovery and try to install this ROM or Laggera
And remember for sdcard it should be only extf4 file system do not use any other file system
Report here if that also din workout:fingers-crossed:

prvnp

Jul 17, 2015
Firstly go to the recovery and mount sdcard
And than install the ROM
Try flashing Laggera ROM from temporary recovery(it should work cause its stock based and debloted)

If your still unable to install it from temporary recovery than you can try CoCore kernel(it is for stock ROMs)
Flash it via dd method or use ukf tool app

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2140597

Than reboot to recovery and try to install this ROM or Laggera
And remember for sdcard it should be only extf4 file system do not use any other file system
Report here if that also din workout:fingers-crossed:

But I was able to install the ROM without any issue when I did it a few months ago...

And mount sd card from where??
mounts and storage -> mount/sdcard

I did that too... No results... Still the same error...

I am sorry, but I am a kind of noob into all this technicalities... All I know is how to flash a rom and use the recovery...

About the sdcard file system, I read somewhere that this problem of "E: can't mount/sdcard" arises when the file system is extf4, and one should format it with FAT32 or NTFS... So I did the same... Should I try with extf4 now?

Cassiusss

Feb 14, 2015
Oh, that's unfortunate. Well, thank you anyway! Maybe I'll try NoLED app.
Anyhow, I'm very happy with this rom, it's super fast and stable!
Yeah, Gargaros did a pretty good job.
But I was able to install the ROM without any issue when I did it a few months ago...

And mount sd card from where??
mounts and storage -> mount/sdcard

I did that too... No results... Still the same error...

I am sorry, but I am a kind of noob into all this technicalities... All I know is how to flash a rom and use the recovery...

About the sdcard file system, I read somewhere that this problem of "E: can't mount/sdcard" arises when the file system is extf4, and one should format it with FAT32 or NTFS... So I did the same... Should I try with extf4 now?
Maybe your microSD is corrupted.
Use this tool to format your microSD correctly: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
Format with FAT32.
If this doesn't work, try with a different microSD.

Last edited:

prvnp

Jul 17, 2015
My microsd card is working well, as I am presently using it with official JB ROM. I have tried with another one too. But the same thing happens.

I formatted with FAT32 as well as NTFS... Nothing works.
Yeah, Gargaros did a pretty good job.

Maybe your microSD is corrupted.
Use this tool to format your microSD correctly: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
Format with FAT32.
If this doesn't work, try with a different microSD.

Cassiusss

Feb 14, 2015
I suggest you to try to format it with the tool I've linked to you, I had your same problem and solved it this way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FEATURES
    • Based on Vanir by mkaluza.
    • Installation script edited in order to avoid any type of error.
    • Gapps included.
    • Most of system apps removed.
    • Ringtones removed.
    • Stagefright 2.0 vulnerability fixed.
    • Screen tearing fixed.
    • Gesture typing fixed.
    • Android Marshmallow boot animation.

SCREENSHOT
    mjfiw7R.png

FILES
    Vanir.zip (MD5: b2a8128d88b0a1464967dc83e1de2b63)
    update.zip (MD5: 46462d594027bc82e0a18025c7916e0c)
    I9070P.zip (MD5: 61dab6926ba5680fc0087d4e2d62921e)

WARNING
    Not compatible with Gingerbread.

INSTALLATION WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY
    1. Do a factory reset.
    2. Install Vanir.zip.
    3. If you have an I9070P, install I9070P.zip.

INSTALLATION WITH SAMSUNG RECOVERY
    1. Download Vanir.zip and update.zip.
    2. If you have an I9070P, download I9070P.zip.
    3. The files must be placed on microSD.
    4. Boot your phone to recovery.
    5. apply update from external storage
    6. update.zip
    7. wipe data/factory reset
    8. Yes -- delete all user data
    9. install zip from sdcard
    10. choose zip from sdcard
    11. Vanir.zip
    12. Yes - Install Vanir.zip
    13. If you have an I9070P, continue with:
      • choose zip from sdcard
      • I9070P.zip
      • Yes - Install I9070P.zip
    14. Touch the Back soft key.
    15. reboot system now

CREDITS
    Modded by Gargaros: http://www.androidiani.com/forum/mo...9070-p-kk-4-4-4-vanir-gargaros-s-advance.html
    Fix for screen tearing

Any way to fix screen tearing in this rom? I tried using the app "Pimp My Rom" to force V-Sync on, but it didn't work.

Great job with removing the wakelock by the way, all the other CM11 roms I tried just would't let my phone get any deep sleep.

I'm not the modder of this rom nor a developer, so I don't know how to force vsync. If you really need it I suggest you to install Epirex's CyanogenMod 11, I think that's the only KitKat rom without tearing.

For fix screen tearing is necessary set the mcde frequency to 49920000 (Fortunately mk kernel has this change) also need apply the STE patch for frameworks/native

Of course all this will serve if you are a developer, for other users, I take the time of build the libui blob with necessary patches
    you just have flash from CWM or TWRP and reboot to system, the screen tearing should disappear completely

PD: This fix working in KitKat ROM's only!
    The new update is good with slightly better performance than the last one....:D
    And the battery life is also good...thanks to Casssiusss for pointing the reason for battery drain..:silly:
    Here are some screenshots:)
    Yaa that was the intension:laugh:
    If Cassiusss want some more screen shots I'll provide it to upload it in OP:good:
    Ok, don't worry. I'll give it a try

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app