[APP] QW Home Automation, Now with SmartLinc 2412N and scene support

Search This thread

weiqj

Oct 29, 2007
Montvale NJ
Note this a complete solution and it's completely free for individuals.

Currently supports Insteon based lighting and Venstar thermostat.

Android client is on Android market.
General Purpose Web Interface that offers almost the same user experience as the Android client.

It was a hobby project of mine and I would like to share it with anybody for free as long as it's for personal and non-commercial use.

A bit technical information:
Controller is pure C++ and compiles and runs on virtually all platforms including Windows and Linux (and tons of embedded systems).

Administrator tool is a Windows .Net application that remotely configures and manages all your devices and the controller.

Of course plus Android client, it pretty much covers all technology and I waited until everything is perfect to release.

I would say it has unlimited potential in the future. Feel free to use it and recommend it to others if you like it.

Update 12/28/2011
Now the web interface is included. HTTP long poll/server push for extremely low latency two way realtime communication. Pure javascript that runns on virtually any modern web browser.
QWHA is raising the bar of home automation technology.

Update 07/22/2011 - Now SmartLinc 2412N is supported as network PLM. Also one minor bug is fixed. Next major release will add support for timers (sunset/sunrise, periodic, daily, weekly etc), triggers and SMTP transport (sending email, SMS, works with triggers). Stay tuned!

Update 08/01/2011
Version 1.0.11.728
Added scene support
Added support for new version of thermostate with devcat of 05/0E.
Android client updated to support scenes
Improved error logging with unstable PLM communication
Insteon dimmer on-level and ramp support within scene
Replaced dependency of LibXml2 with TinyXml

http://qwhomeautomation.com

android_animation.gif

qwha_admin_ani.gif

Last edited:

Rob1968

Jul 3, 2011
I just downloaded the app and excited to try it. When setting up my web address, port, name, and password I am getting the following error:

QWRemoteSession.Receive:MsgType 0 not registered

What am I doing wrong?

weiqj

Oct 29, 2007
Montvale NJ
I apologize, I thought this would communicate directly with my isy99. I already have access to it via a computer and I have tried other Android apps in which I just put in my server address from dyndns with port 443 which is the port set up on my router.
The QW Home Automation doesn't need an ISY99. It directly talks to your PLM and provides connectivity to your android phone.

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would grab your software being the PC and the android.
Purchase a Insteon PLM

Then I could control X10 devices with my phone?

The reason I ask currently my alarm panel in my house allows me to control a few lights on the outside of my house, but sometimes when I'm outside I either have to find the switch and turn it on or go in the house and use the panel. With my phone I would be able to simply turn them on/off.

weiqj

Oct 29, 2007
Montvale NJ
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would grab your software being the PC and the android.
Purchase a Insteon PLM

Then I could control X10 devices with my phone?

The reason I ask currently my alarm panel in my house allows me to control a few lights on the outside of my house, but sometimes when I'm outside I either have to find the switch and turn it on or go in the house and use the panel. With my phone I would be able to simply turn them on/off.

Currently it only works with Insteon devices. PLM can control X10 but I need to test it and I'm still waiting for the shipment of the X10 device to start testing.

I'm sure it won't take too long to add and test the X10 support. You can check back my website for future release with X10 support.

DaveBG

Mar 18, 2011
What does this use to control the devices? WiFi/3G data connection? I do not have infrared on my phone so i assume WiFi or?

weiqj

Oct 29, 2007
Montvale NJ
Now supports SmartLinc 2412N

Update 07/22/2011 - Now SmartLinc 2412N is supported as network PLM. Also one minor bug is fixed. Next major release will add support for timers (sunset/sunrise, periodic, daily, weekly etc), triggers and SMTP transport (sending email, SMS, works with triggers). Stay tuned!

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
Currently it only works with Insteon devices. PLM can control X10 but I need to test it and I'm still waiting for the shipment of the X10 device to start testing.

I'm sure it won't take too long to add and test the X10 support. You can check back my website for future release with X10 support.

Thanks for the info. I thought your website said "Future" and I should of caught that, but for some odd reason I guess I was hoping it magically worked. LOL :D

Yeah I bookmarked your website and I'm sure I'll check it out soon. I'm in the process of doing some wifi extending in my house/garage, but I'd like to start some automation.

DssTrainer

Jun 5, 2008
Chicago
Well if Insteon supports X10, and the PLM is what actually controls everything, shouldn't it just work with x10 automatically?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note this a complete solution and it's completely free for individuals.

Currently supports Insteon based lighting and Venstar thermostat.

Android client is on Android market.
    General Purpose Web Interface that offers almost the same user experience as the Android client.

It was a hobby project of mine and I would like to share it with anybody for free as long as it's for personal and non-commercial use.

A bit technical information:
    Controller is pure C++ and compiles and runs on virtually all platforms including Windows and Linux (and tons of embedded systems).

Administrator tool is a Windows .Net application that remotely configures and manages all your devices and the controller.

Of course plus Android client, it pretty much covers all technology and I waited until everything is perfect to release.

I would say it has unlimited potential in the future. Feel free to use it and recommend it to others if you like it.

Update 12/28/2011
    Now the web interface is included. HTTP long poll/server push for extremely low latency two way realtime communication. Pure javascript that runns on virtually any modern web browser.
    QWHA is raising the bar of home automation technology.

Update 08/01/2011
    Version 1.0.11.728
    Added scene support
    Added support for new version of thermostate with devcat of 05/0E.
    Android client updated to support scenes
    Improved error logging with unstable PLM communication
    Insteon dimmer on-level and ramp support within scene
    Replaced dependency of LibXml2 with TinyXml

http://qwhomeautomation.com

android_animation.gif

qwha_admin_ani.gif