[BETA][2.3+] Volume+ V1.9.0.1 - Save/Load Custom EQ Settings! - 8th April

Search This thread

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
ONLY FOR PHONES RUNNING GINGERBREAD (Android 2.3) OR HIGHER!!!

After 2 weeks of solid coding (and not much sleep) the Beta is finally ready!
Thank you to everyone on my twitter who has tested the incomplete version already!

For those of you who have no idea what this application does, let me summarise:
Volume+ allows you to manually alter the 5 EQ bands in Android and also allows you to increase the volume multiplier to a maximum of 20 (it can go higher, but I've limited it to 20 for obvious reasons). I've included several EQ pre-sets too.
In this latest version, I've added the option to save your custom EQ settings and load them again. This was the single most requested feature (and the most time consuming to code!). These options are available for the phone's main loudspeaker, the wired headset and your A2DP bluetooth headset.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it, and please post any bugs you find!
Cheers.

3hhki.png
ubyic.png
34eeotz.png

Volume+ V1.9.0.1
- Changed the package name, so hopefully you wont get any more irritating update messages from the Android Market (You'll have to uninstall any previous versions prior to installing this one)
- Re-added the old drop down volume options, it seems to go louder this way for some reason
- Other behind the scenes changes

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB4) updated 6:43 (BST). Fixed force close bug.
- Seekbars modified further to look and function better.
- Massive size reduction (151kb to 75kb).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB3)
- Seekbars (sliders) altered to work better on devices with small/large screens (Still not perfect, will be worked on more).
- [BUGFIX] When you open the app, the 'EQ Presets' list would not load as disabled if the "Use Custom" checkbox was ticked. This has been fixed.
- Size reduced (will be reduced further before release).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB2)
- Some slight code modifications
- Removal of A LOT of crap
- All debug messages removed (wont spam your logcat now)
- Check added so you can only open headset/bluetooth settings when headset is plugged in or bluetooth device is connected.
- UI Overhaul
* Settings completely changed
* Sliders automatically adjust to show pre-sets
* Volume/BassBoost/Echo now controlled exclusively by the sliders
* Tick the 'Custom EQ Settings' to enable the sliders
- the ability to Save/Load/Delete custom settings added
- Method of altering volume modified
- Various behind-the-scenes changes

It should be fairly self explanetory, but don't hesitate to get in contact with me on here, via e-mail (dancassidy7@gmail.com) or on Twitter.

Thanks and Enjoy! :)

Meltus

1.9.0.1 Download Link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Builds/VolumePlusv1.9.0.1-FREE.apk

Attachments

• VolumePlus1.9-RB4.apk
    74.5 KB · Views: 33,532
Last edited:

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV
Works great, and the presets take the guess work out of it. Definitely sounds a lot different on my Gnex.

Edit: Sounds great through the speaker and all settings work. However, while using headphones there are no changes what so ever. I tried different settings but they all sound the same.

Last edited:

avlfive

Jul 26, 2010
I did notice a difference with headphones but I also got a small hiss. Even with all of the settings turned to 0. Just having the mod enabled gave me a little hiss while playing podcasts with PocketCasts. Couldn't really notice the hiss with Google Music but I'll have to play around more.

Could just be the ROM or the kernel though. I'm gonna keep playing around to see what's up. Love the app though. I don't understand why there aren't more good EQ apps out there. DSP is hit and miss and this is the only other real other one that's any good.

Will be able to test bluetooth later on today, hopefully.

chikimonke

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 12, 2010
Santa Clara, CA
When loading it up on my GNex (Verizon) I noticed there was a message about the bass boost and EQ not working yet on ICS. With the 1.8.1 release, I noticed that if I just changed the EQ and BB settings while the music was playing, that the changes would be there but once the music was stopped, it seemed I would have to reset the settings again to get the changes. This doesn't seem to be the case now though, changing the settings doesn't seem to get them to show up at all on 1.9. If there's something I can do to help, let me know. I'm running AOKP b27 and faux kernel 13m as reference.

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Works great, and the presets take the guess work out of it. Definitely sounds a lot different on my Gnex.

Edit: Sounds great through the speaker and all settings work. However, while using headphones there are no changes what so ever. I tried different settings but they all sound the same.

Thanks for the feedback!
I'll flash the ROM you're using and see if I can replicate it.

heo_con184

Oct 30, 2010
Montréal
Thanks for your hard work Meltus.

I'm running fine with your Volume+ 1.8 but I'm trying the beta now.

Will feed back tomorrow.

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester

Just flashed the ROM you're using and the headset settings seem to be working fine for me. Are you using PowerAMP or something similar to play music? Any music player that has it's own built in EQ will override my app.

avlfive

Jul 26, 2010
FYI, on AOKP27, Toro GNex, Bluetooth works great too! Haven't noticed any issues yet. Thanks again!

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV
I tested the bluetooth speaker section with my Jambox last night. Sounds great. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
Hope it can replace or compete with voodoo and DSP...

Will try this later.

Accidentally sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA Premium

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar

Thank you to everyone on my twitter who has tested the incomplete version already!

Volume+ allows you to manually alter the 5 EQ bands in Android and also allows you to increase the volume multiplier to a maximum of 20 (it can go higher, but I've limited it to 20 for obvious reasons). I've included several EQ pre-sets too.
In this latest version, I've added the option to save your custom EQ settings and load them again. This was the single most requested feature (and the most time consuming to code!). These options are available for the phone's main loudspeaker, the wired headset and your A2DP bluetooth headset.

Cheers.

3hhki.png
ubyic.png
34eeotz.png

Volume+ V1.9 Beta
- Check added so you can only open headset/bluetooth settings when headset is plugged in or bluetooth device is connected.
- UI Overhaul

It should be fairly self explanetory, but don't hesitate to get in contact with me on here, via e-mail (dancassidy7@gmail.com) or on Twitter.

Meltus

Tested on my HTC salsa. I am having some graphically problem. Please refer attachments.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331458112148.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331458112148.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 613
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331458158070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331458158070.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 579

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Tested on my HTC salsa. I am having some graphically problem. Please refer attachments.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using XDA

Yeah, I'm aware of the graphical issues on smaller devices, does it look OK in landscape and does it actually function OK?
I need to make a better seekbar preference!

Reactions: benbailey84

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
thanks billions!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm aware of the graphical issues on smaller devices, does it look OK in landscape and does it actually function OK?
I need to make a better seekbar preference!

new modification to screen size for our small devices (aria for me) works alot better. :):):D:D awesome app man, thanks a ton!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers.

3hhki.png
    ubyic.png
    34eeotz.png

Volume+ V1.9.0.1
    - Changed the package name, so hopefully you wont get any more irritating update messages from the Android Market (You'll have to uninstall any previous versions prior to installing this one)
    - Re-added the old drop down volume options, it seems to go louder this way for some reason

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB4) updated 6:43 (BST). Fixed force close bug.

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB3)
    - Seekbars (sliders) altered to work better on devices with small/large screens (Still not perfect, will be worked on more).
    - [BUGFIX] When you open the app, the 'EQ Presets' list would not load as disabled if the "Use Custom" checkbox was ticked. This has been fixed.
    - Size reduced (will be reduced further before release).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB2)
    - UI Overhaul

Meltus

1.9.0.1 Download Link
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Builds/VolumePlusv1.9.0.1-FREE.apk
    UPDATE

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB4) - final beta

Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll flash the ROM you're using and see if I can replicate it.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)
    It's much appreciated!
    Update

Volume+ V1.9.0.1

Download link in the first post :)