[ROM] [10] OmniRom for OnePlus7T [EXPERT]

Search This thread

spoonymoon

Aug 31, 2011
Det mørke Jylland
Hi
Well i got the lastest adb tool and followed instructions, fastboot returned getvar is-userspace - yes

used -w in fastboot and flashed all six image files and all went ok no errors etc.

but it just boot right back in fastboot mode
and getvar is-userspace returns yes but it just loops

what have i done wrong?

Btw im on windows 7 if that matters

Last edited:

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
Hi
Well i got the lastest adb tool and followed instructions, fastboot returned getvar is-userspace - yes

used -w in fastboot and flashed all six image files and all went ok no errors etc.

but it just boot right back in fastboot mode
and getvar is-userspace returns yes but it just loops

what have i done wrong?

Btw im on windows 7 if that matters

I flashed it yesterday. All went well though I used mac. Hope you were in correct fastboot. Please check that and try again.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Thank you so much. That is really really helpful.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Dont give me bad ideas - you have no idea how rude I can be :D

:D
That's ok. As I said before, it is ok to be rude and I can understand it too. Take care.

Reactions: spoonymoon

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
hello, I have this bug where if i go to recovery using "hold power + volume down" from phone off, then in it tap exit to reboot normally, ROM would get stuck on OMNI boot animation. I would need to "fastboot -w" for it to work again. note that I have absolutely nothing installed, still on the first phone setup page. Anyone is having such problem?. Chinese Model H1500. I do not know how to provide a log for such case.

thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo.jpg
    Download unoficial:
    DOWNLOAD Unofficial

Kernel source:
    Source

Selinux Status:
    Enforcing

flash on your own risk.

FLASHING
    This is for experianced people only, because theres no working TWRP yet. If you dont know how to read stop here (funny eh ?). Also if you dont wanna follow steps bellow because u know better. Goodbye. I dont wanna listen to you cry here. I will not help you.

opposite of what happens if you flash in twrp, this procedure will flash to the slot whis is active now. if you know what u r doing u can flash to any slot u like.

Despite the red text theres really no big danger here if you follow the steps. I just wana scare away newbs.
    BU!

android 10 shipped devices have fastboot like we know it and its pretty much useless. and they have the new fastbootd (google it).
    1st. get into fastbootd.
    option a) from old fastboot, type: fastboot reboot fastboot (funny eh ?) another google miracle to not name it fastbootd.
    option b) if you have a running os with adb: adb reboot fastboot
    this will bring you to OOS chinese recovery look a like, but its fastboot. to test that u r in the right place try a fastboot command. fastboot getvar all for example.
    2nd. flash
    unzip ROM using payload dumper

option a) if you are on linux
    fastboot -w //this will wipe all your data. you need to do this only on first install, not on updates.
    sh ./fastboot_flash.sh
    option b)
    again! fastboot -w // will wipe all your data and is needed only on first flash
    Code:
    fastboot -w 
    fastboot flash boot boot.img 
    fastboot flash system system.img 
    fastboot flash product product.img 
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img 
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img 
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img 
    fastboot reboot

3rd. enjoy opensource
    unfortunately because of the flashing procedure I have included gapps. when twrp exists they will be gone.

Updating: (WILL WORK ONCE OFFICIAL)
    Use OTA inside rom for updates

if u did something else. we dont need/wanna know about it in the thread

May the force be with you

Device Maintainers
    @maxwen

Official OmniRom Telegram channel
    Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniRom, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
    maxwen, maxwen, darkobas
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150/tree/android-10

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 10

Version Information

Created 2019-11-14
    Last Updated 2020-02-02
    Check Telegram group for up to date information
    Link
    Last build of 2019 will be up soon

And just as a heads up - this is the last build that will be distributed in "fastboot format"
    Starting with the next version the zip will be a traditional AB ota zip meaning you can
    flash it with the system update app in the ROM. It will still contain gapps cause thats
    a different problem but at least you no longer need to go into fastboot

If you are so unwise and unlucky to not already have omni running you must
    then always flash this last fastboot zip and then update to the last available
    build in two steps.
    Build 20191231 is up - link at
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80897757&postcount=2

Happy New Year to everyone!