[STOCK LOLLIPOP 5.0.2] RUUs, OTAs AND GUIDE [DESIRE 820s] MT6752

Search This thread

Gibz97

Nov 13, 2012
Are you kidding? :laugh:
You start again uploading? :laugh:
Yes, Unfotunately
I know what you mean :(

same thing happened to me uploading to mega; it's great, but not resumable it seems, unless i missed something

but if you're going to be continuing this, i can highly recommend androidfilehost.com
and use ftp for uploads (those are resumable)
Thank you I will try it. I don't know what happened this time. Mega has never disappointed me
European i think
And i didnt recevie ota may be due to my region

Whats ur eta gibz
ETA currently at 8 hours. My net is pathetic

Last edited:

Pana03

Nov 8, 2015
Yes, Unfotunately

Thank you I will try it. I don't know what happened this time. Mega has never disappointed me

ETA currently at 8 hours. My net is pathetic

bro,we wait this update too much,for me it's not problem to wait until tomorrow.. :laugh:
Realy nice work for all.. :D :good:

smartpal

May 8, 2010
It is not just a ROM, it is a full firmware so yes you will receive OTA updates if the carrier releases them. To revert to lollipop you will have to reflash the full Kitkat firmware with SP Flash Tool here

So this is European or taiwanese firmware?

Btw my 820s is carrier free. I am not locked to carrier.

Pana03

Nov 8, 2015
I will try on my 820ts,i hope everything will work.. When I finish I will post everything.. :D :D :D

Everything is good,it flash fast,but little bit I wait after finish everything in SP FLASH TOOL,i do everything same like in tutorial and now I have lollipop finaly on my device.. :D Tomorrow I will put screenshots.. good night.. :D
and of course thanks to everybody who do this for us.. :D

Last edited:

joehanh88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Taiwanese Firmware Uploaded... OP updated please reread before flashing
Thanks.. downloading. And will try it ASAP.

I will try on my 820ts,i hope everything will work.. When I finish I will post everything.. :D :D :D

Everything is good,it flash fast,but little bit I wait after finish everything in SP FLASH TOOL,i do everything same like in tutorial and now I have lollipop finaly on my device.. :D Tomorrow I will put screenshots.. good night.. :D
Really? Please give us the screenshot. Because i want to try it on my D820ts later.

kehfren

Nov 7, 2009
panama
YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR BRICKS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN UPON FLASHING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

REQUIREMENTS
  • Download Flashfile
D820s_LOLLIPOP_TW (TAIWANESE FIRMWARE)
More to come...

• A good working PC that is able to hold battery power for at least 15 minutes in case of any power outages
  • A good working USB Cable
  • Internet connection for automatic download of VCOM and Preloader drivers
  • Of Course Desire 820s with at least 50% battery power
  • Flashing experience
Confirmed to be working on Desire 820s and ys variants so far. NOT Yet tested on the Desire 820us and ts variants

REMEMBER This is a full firmware flash and not just a ROM so you MUST know how to revert to your original firmware in case of repairs by warranty

This Procedure will format your Internal SD Card so please backup before proceeding

HOW TO FLASH WITH SP FLASH TOOL

1. Extract the Downloaded Lollipop Flashfile
2. Extract SP-Flash-Tool-v5.1532.00.zip and launch flash_tool as Administrator
3. Click on Scatter-loading by the right

SP_1.jpg

4. In the window that pops up, select MT6752_Android_scatter in the Lollipop Flashfile folder

SP_2.jpg

5. A list with ticked boxes should appear in SP flash tool
6. Select Firmware Upgrade

SP_3.jpg

7. Click Download

SP_5.jpg

8. Stop should now be prominent while other options should be grayed out

SP_4.jpg

9. Switch off your phone and wait for at least 10 seconds after it has switched off
11. Connect the switched off phone to the PC via USB cable
12. A progress bar should start running

sp_6.jpg

13. DO NOT INTERRUPT. Wait until you get a Success message (green circle with OK)
14. Disconnect USB cable and switch on the phone
Will this tool be made someday for Htc Desire 820u dual sim?
I have a problem with mine and something like this could help

Gibz97

Nov 13, 2012

Thank you for testing :good:

Will this tool be made someday for Htc Desire 820u dual sim?
I have a problem with mine and something like this could help
Unfortunately the tool only works for MediaTek processor devices

joehanh88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
D820ts confirmed flash with this ROM. Thanks @Gibz97 and others that behind the scene of this ROM. :D:D:D
but there is another update. how can i apply the update.? i have downloaded the update, but it fail to install. any other way to apply it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-28-10-52-05.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-28-10-52-05.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 409
  • Screenshot_2015-12-28-10-52-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-28-10-52-15.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 400
  • Screenshot_2015-12-28-10-52-47.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-28-10-52-47.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 401
Reactions: Mohamed Yaser

PrateekBHT

Nov 1, 2015
Sitapur
It is not just a ROM, it is a full firmware so yes you will receive OTA updates if the carrier releases them. To revert to lollipop you will have to reflash the full Kitkat firmware with SP Flash Tool here

A few questions are arising in my mind:

1.) Is there any need to change CID of the device, since the Taiwanese firmware has CID as HTC_621 while my device, ie of Asia WWE has CID as HTC_044, so I am afraid that this should or not create any problem with SIM related features?

2.) Will my device Kernel v3.10.48 support it? Taiwanese 820s has different Kernel Version.

3.) Will I receive any FOTA updates, if available in future, for Taiwanese variant, with Lollipop installed that belongs to some other region, ie Taiwan, in my own region?

4.) Is it necessary to edit the partitions of the device before installing the firmware that you provided, since you posted that both Kitkat and Lollipop devices have different partition sizes?

Last edited:

smartpal

May 8, 2010

1.) Is there any need to change CID of the device, since the Taiwanese firmware has CID as HTC_621 while my device, ie of Asia WWE has CID as HTC_044, so I am afraid that this should or not create any problem with SIM related features?

2.) Will my device Kernel v3.10.48 support it? Taiwanese 820s has different Kernel Version.

3.) Will I receive any FOTA updates, if available in future, for Taiwanese variant, with Lollipop installed that belongs to some other region, ie Taiwan, in my own region?

4.) Is it necessary to edit the partitions of the device before installing the firmware that you provided, since you posted that both Kitkat and Lollipop devices has different partition sizes?

Cheers mate. I had the same doubts coz my device is also same as yours

Gibz97

Nov 13, 2012

4.) Is it necessary to edit the partitions of the device before installing the firmware that you provided, since you posted that both Kitkat and Lollipop devices has different partition sizes?

The firmware will change your CID, kernel and partition table and you should receive OTA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR BRICKS THAT MIGHT HAPPEN UPON FLASHING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

REQUIREMENTS
    • Download Flashfile
    D820s_LOLLIPOP_TW (TAIWANESE FIRMWARE), Build 1.
    14.709.1 - Supports Asian Languages
    D820s_LOLLIPOP_WWE (EUROPE WORLD WIDE ENGLISH FIRMWARE), Build 1.20.401.1 - Supports European Languages and Arabic

• Download SP Flashtool
    • Download Pgfs
    • Desire 820s with at least 50% battery power
    • A good working PC that is capable of holding battery power for at least 15 minutes in case of any power outages
    • A good working USB Cable
    • Manually install USB VCOM drivers using this tutorial. (If you have already installed the drivers then skip this step)
    • Internet connection for automatic update of VCOM and Preloader drivers
    • Familiarity with SP Flash Tool. If you do not know how this tool works, then I advice you to just stay away from using it. It is not a custom recovery and can cause a hard brick if you misuse it
    Confirmed to be working on Desire 820ts, us and ys variants

Please know that you will not be able to install any OTA for this firmware because it is not the original firmware for your device.
    REMEMBER This is a full firmware flash and not just a ROM so you MUST know how to revert to your original firmware in case of repairs by warranty.

This Procedure will format your Internal SD Card so please backup before proceeding

HOW TO FLASH WITH SP FLASH TOOL

1. Extract the Downloaded Lollipop Flashfile
    2. Extract the Unlocked Pgfs and copy pg1fs and pg2fs into the firmware folder
    3. Extract SP-Flash-Tool-v5.1532.00.zip and launch flash_tool as Administrator
    4. Click on Scatter-loading by the right

SP_1.jpg

4. In the window that pops up, select MT6752_Android_scatter in the Lollipop Flashfile folder

SP_2.jpg

6. A list with ticked boxes should appear in SP flash tool
    7. Select Firmware Upgrade

SP_3.jpg

7. Click Download

SP_5.jpg

9. Stop should now be prominent while other options should be grayed out

SP_4.jpg

10. Switch off your phone and wait for at least 10 seconds after it has switched off
    12. Connect the switched off phone to the PC via USB cable
    13. A progress bar should start running

sp_6.jpg

14. DO NOT INTERRUPT. Wait until you get a Success message (green circle with OK)
    15. Disconnect USB cable and switch on the phone

To unlock bootloader see post #2
    CREDITS
    @nkk71 for flawlessly decrypting both the Taiwanese and European RUUs. We owe you a great load of gratitude. We salute you :highfive:
    @Mohamed Yaser for testing the RUUs on the Desire 820s Dual sim, among many other contributions he has made :good:
    @Nc.netcat for providing unlocked pgfs
    @patrol31

To Unlock the bootloader use these pgfs files
    (Just replace the pgfs files in firmware folder and load scatter file and tick pg1fs and pg2fs only)
    Unlocked pgfs

To lock bootloader flash these pgfs
    Locked pgfs

STOCK KITKAT FIRMWARE LINKS

Desire 820s

(Please Note that to flash Kitkat you have to press and hold the volume up button while connecting the phone to the PC and let go when flashing begins)

Official HTC RUUs
    0PGZIMG_A50ML_DTUL_L50_DESIRE_SENSE70_hTC_Asia_TW_1.20.709.1_Radio_1514P2.P02.0501.0506_release_452399_signed_2_4.zip

0PGZIMG_A50ML_DTUL_L50_DESIRE_SENSE70_HTC_Europe_1.20.401.1_Radio_1514P2.P02.0501.0506_release_453730_combined_signed.zip
    Sorry for getting off topic. Just reopened school so I will be very busy and unavailable. it was a great time having all you guys. I will be popping in occasionally though or if I get any interesting news, hoping to see more and more development fot this awesome device in the future, I wish everyone a happy and enjoyable life :good:
    nice :good::good:

just dropped in to say congrats :)