Top layer of the screen cracked, poor build quality?

Search This thread

spicyalan

Mar 17, 2011
A new status update:
29.07.2011 11:10 Closed Resolved

Fingers crossed....

Another funny thing. I talked to a support guy on Toshiba (Here in Sweden) and he said the Folio 100 will be upgraded further when it comes to Android versions due to the launch of the new Folio. Lets just hope hes right!

I don't think so. Although the Folio 100 shares some hardware with its successor (e.g. Tegra chipset, which is also used is some other Honeycomb devices), it is still missing some key hardware to officially get honeycomb support (e.g. not enough resolution on the front camera and no back camera).

I think the Folio 100 is as good as "abandonware" at toshiba's side. All hopes come from the community (there is already an honeycomb release working). If there is more shared hardware between the folio and the successor of the folio (wifi, bluetooth), it might help developers to continue the port and support the device completely.

sisicaivrai

Apr 11, 2011
hi everyone,
I bought the Folio 100 two weeks ago, and was glad after flashing it.
I also bought the officiel Toshiba leather cover.
Unfortunatelly, the Toshiba fall down yesteray (less than one meter) just on the corner... where there is no protection with the crappy toshiba leather cover...
The screen glass is of course broken, but everything else is ok (screen response and everything).
I'll bring it to repair (I have no choice).
Does anyone know how much it will cost me ? :/
Thanks

sisicaivrai

Apr 11, 2011
I went to the store, they ask 120 euros only to know how much it will cost (deduced if I do the repair of course, but lost if not)...

I don't know what to do. And what if it breaks again later...
With different reduction I Paid 170 euros so it's almost the same (but cashbacks are not available anymote)

spicyalan

Mar 17, 2011
A new status update:
29.07.2011 11:10 Closed Resolved

I just got it back from the store.

It is still the same device I got back. it has been reflashed and reset to default.
The back of the device is quite dirty (like dust), but washable. It seems to have received a new touchscreen because that was clean and still had a sticker and plastic on it (no scratches or dirty fingers on it).

So far, it seems to work allright...

It does not bulge (screen seems to fit nicely)

AndoidTab

Apr 28, 2012
Does anyone know where can i buy the top layer(glass screen) part for my folio?
I managed to crack mine and no toshiba service near me

Aheros

Jun 19, 2012
Same with my Folio 100. Screen didnt crack although I where pushing on that place, even disassemble it, added there sticky plaster, and put on top 2,5Kg wheight. BUT after 2-3 weeks it still unstuck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My screen is coming out a little bit too. At the Bottom, middle or slight right of the middle.

Funny thing is that my touchscreen sometimes just stops responding and then I have to slightly press that plastic frame part on the bottom and instantly after pushing it the touchscreen works again. So the tablet basically wants me to push it on that bulge. :(