[Q] Best Games on Nook

Search This thread

zires

Apr 2, 2011
Guys what version of mc3? Found some online but no version works. Bought the game first.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

1fzfe

Jan 3, 2011
NC
Guys what version of mc3? Found some online but no version works. Bought the game first.

I'm using the normal version from the market. Bought it when it was 99 cents for my galaxy nexus. After a build prop edit and dizzy's IMEI program, it runs great.

Sent from my CM7 Nook using Tapatalk

1fzfe

Jan 3, 2011
NC
Details about build prop etc? Please.

For the build prop, I changed manufacturer to "samsung" and the model to "SPH-P100"

You can either edit it at the time of running the IMEI patch or manually edit the build prop afterward using root explorer. Even after these changes, I couldn't get MC3 to show in the market so I side loaded the apk from my nexus. It initially gave me an error about an invalid license and referred me to the market. Once I clicked to go to the market, it validated and has run correctly ever since.

Has anyone else been able to get all of the games to show in the market for the nook?

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
For the Gameloft games, which method are people using to download?

On their website, you have to select a phone model and then enter a phone number.

Is there a best device model to choose? I was thinking of selecting the Galaxy Tab, and then sending the download link to my Droid. Then I was thinking, would it be better to select the Droid itself?
I was thinking it would be best to select a device that has the same or similar resolution as the NC, but... the Galaxy Tab has a better GPU, a PowerVR SGX540, compared to the NC's GPU (same as the Moto Droid and other TI OMAP devices: PowerVR SGX530)... so, not really sure. Trial and error usually doesn't lead to too many problems, but I've never bought any Gameloft games, no idea how it works in terms of getting different app versions, specifically for activiation or anything (if there is any activation).

edit:
And for games that don't show up in the market, what's a good legal method of getting these games? Just download on another Android device and load that apk onto the NC?
On my NC, I have the latest Market version found in another thread, but there are still a ton of apps that are not showing up when I perform a search. It's not an issue of only paid apps not showing up, even Firefox is absent on my NC's market.
check the gameloft thread in my signiture.

al mon

Jan 28, 2011
N. Cal
Destroy Gunner SP
World of Goo
Jelly Defense
Need for Speed Shift/Pursuit
Samurai Vengeance 2
9mm
Aftermath XHD
Age of Zombies
Angry Birds
Fruit Ninja
Modern Combat 2/3
Shadowgun
Cut the rope
Doodle Jump

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Where's My Water, but it's great on the Nook.

The build.prop fixes mentioned above (and in the gameloft thread) seemed to do the trick for Gameloft games. Unfortunately my sd card is full though so I haven't been able to try them all out yet, but Nova 2 and Asphalt 6 at least seemed to run well.

Last edited:

grayfoxmg1

Aug 9, 2009
Paw Paw, Mi
Angry birds
Cut the rope
Fruit ninja
Doodle jump
Emulators (I play more Pokemon on my nook than I ever did on my actual GBA)

Sent from my Nook Color, running Samiam303's ICS nightly tweaked by tnpapadakos, using Tapatalk.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Installed Blood and Glory a few days from Amazon app and the game is really great in Spartacus style with very nice graphics.
Only problem is that RAM gets really fast full and the game starts to slow down after some time of playing, so I have to clear memory through task manager and start again.
Any tips on that?

RazoE

Aug 30, 2011
Anyone else having issues with Yonghz's emulators? They play fine, but in order to close them, I have to open up applications, go to the running tab, and force close them, since there's no menu button.

If I use watchdog to close, they'll close in the applications sections, but the notification menu says they're still running and will load up where I left off if I click on it.

Any work arounds?

jacjar1

May 24, 2011
Flick Sports games

Flick golf and the new flick golf extreme(which is 49 cents) are fantastic fun golf games. Both games are great ways to pass time when flying...

rnclock

Dec 24, 2010
Lot of good games listed here. I see people asking about Gameloft Games, and specifically "Dungeon Hunter". I play this game quite often and love it. With some of the GameLoft Games you need to use ChainFire3D (found in market), and then google for the drivers you need for it (there are 3 of them). I downloaded Dungeon Hunter awhile back, so not sure if newer version still works (as I never updated it), but I used the nvidia plugin (driver) for ChainFire3D.

Her is an old thread that discussed settings needed for GameLoft games.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191804

Hope this helps someone.

zires

Apr 2, 2011
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit runs great and is 49 cents.

AngelWings8

Jan 5, 2012
Chicago, IL
Right now I'm loving playing Draw Something (free) on my NC since it's easier to draw than on my smartphone. Also have Angry Birds of course, and also got Monopoly, Where's My Water, and Bag It! when they were free on Amazon Appstore.

I also found the apk for Tiny Tower and tried playing it on the NC...I noticed that it's a lot laggier than on my phone...anyone else tried it?

zires

Apr 2, 2011
Right now I'm loving playing Draw Something (free) on my NC since it's easier to draw than on my smartphone. Also have Angry Birds of course, and also got Monopoly, Where's My Water, and Bag It! when they were free on Amazon Appstore.

I also found the apk for Tiny Tower and tried playing it on the NC...I noticed that it's a lot laggier than on my phone...anyone else tried it?

Draw Something is fun. I have found a similar game called Dice with Buddies...think Yahtzee with friends :D.

Reactions: tube517

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does anyone know of any turn based rpgs for android?

I think the best bet for these are through emulation of GBA, NES, SNES and Megadrive. Being turn-based, the inherent difficulties with on-screen gamepads become less of an issue.

To play these (in case you don't already know):
    1. Own the original cartridge
    2. Get rom gripper
    3. Use that to locate the rom you want, and to install the trial version of the emulator.
    4. If you like the game and want to save progress, you'll have to get the paid version of respctive emulator.

GBA List

NES List

SNES List

Megadrive
    Pocket Legends owns me right now

They say its WoW in your pocket, works great on NC

You can download for free on the pocketlegends.com android forum

sent from my NookColor
    Also, a friend just clued me in to Crusade of Destiny. It's an offline 3D RPG. Kind of looks, works, and feels like WoW. Worth checking out.
    Where did you find Shift? It doesn't show up in my market and I've tried other places but those don't work on my nook.
    Check the PM Broseph..
    For POCKET LEGENDS, I downloaded the game straight from the site I posted earlier. I then installed the .apk and tried to start it, but it was a little slow to start so I decided to restart the entire nook (hold power and press turn off). When the nook restarted I was able to play the game. Be sure that you have your WiFi enabled and that it is actually connected to the internet before starting the game, if not the game might freeze before its starts.

Have fun, I wasted 8 hours of my life playing this on my nookcolor. Enjoy!