AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
What do you guys think of the possibility of AT&T annoucing a release date for the One X this coming Monday, 4/16?? I hope they do!!!

We could only hope and I'm a little embarrassed but I almost gave into the Nokia lumia 900 hype but stuck through.

It's a possibility!

I think I need to add this to my prayers... I know it's selfish.. but still. And my family will be happy, they're sick of me asking their opinion on a grey or white One X.

White for me but I dislike black or grey phone because everyone has one and hides details on phones that makes the phone wow.

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Just some food for thought but remember how best buy leaked the 4.0 updates for the rezound and the razr? Supposedly supposed to happen on the 6th? Well they never came to the best of my knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

randomnameftw

Feb 2, 2012
The wait is killing me lol. Nearly pulled the trigger on buying
a one x earlier. Come on at&t, announce the one XL already!

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
Just some food for thought but remember how best buy leaked the 4.0 updates for the rezound and the razr? Supposedly supposed to happen on the 6th? Well they never came to the best of my knowledge.

Exactly, they're unreliable at times. And did anyone else find it weird that only ONE person got that email from Best Buy?

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
I'm still banking on April 22.

I'm with you there, the white Lumia is coming out on the 22nd, so maybe a white Lumia white One X release?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

And I should have checked earlier, but the International One X cases will fit the AT&T version, right?

R

Red5

I'm with you there, the white Lumia is coming out on the 22nd, so maybe a white Lumia white One X release?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

And I should have checked earlier, but the International One X cases will fit the AT&T version, right?

They should. Its the exact sane phone except for a different processor. Size wise should be the exact same.

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
Right but it's htc in both instances right? Don't know if that matters.

2 separate phones and 2 separate assembly lines, nor am I saying its going to happen on 22 but they have no effect on each other. AT&T would of announced the phone by now if it was going to be released in 22, they normally give 2 week notice.

Reactions: Skizzy034

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
2 separate phones and 2 separate assembly lines, nor am I saying its going to happen on 22 but they have no effect on each other. AT&T would of announced the phone by now if it was going to be released in 22, they normally give 2 week notice.

While they normally have been giving two weeks, there have been many instances where they only give a week. But with that logic, we'll be hearing an announcement on the 23rd, May 6th release possibly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.