[Q] Retroarch question

Search This thread

Pleiades7

Jan 21, 2014
I'm waiting for my MOJO in the mail.

In the meanwhile, does anyone mind testing the android only (non-Ouya) version of Retroarch?

My concern is that how does one get around on that app without the touch screen?

The touch screen seems necessary for the menu part. Is that where the mouse function comes in? Curious what/if there is/ a workaround for that. Thanks again!

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
It's not tough to get around..Once you get the MOJO you'll see just how versatile the CTRLR is. It's really a great control.

If you don't like mouse mode on the controller, plug in a real mouse or use a BT mouse. I've used both, and do prefer them to using the CTRLR.

I've not really gotten into Retroarch, yet. I've got it, but since I've actually paid for all the other emulators, I've not really seen a point in using it.

ALSO: Lots of people are switching to Nostalgia.NES over some of the more popular ones..In my opinion, the .EMU are better overall....I mean how important is a FF option? I wish I'd saved my $1.50.

mherma

Jan 11, 2014
Wheatfield, IN
It's not tough to get around..Once you get the MOJO you'll see just how versatile the CTRLR is. It's really a great control.

If you don't like mouse mode on the controller, plug in a real mouse or use a BT mouse. I've used both, and do prefer them to using the CTRLR.

I've not really gotten into Retroarch, yet. I've got it, but since I've actually paid for all the other emulators, I've not really seen a point in using it.

ALSO: Lots of people are switching to Nostalgia.NES over some of the more popular ones..In my opinion, the .EMU are better overall....I mean how important is a FF option? I wish I'd saved my $1.50.

I agree, I think nes.EMU works fine for an nes emulator. Tried the free version of nostalgia nes but for some reason that app wouldn't read my roms of of my sd card. Not a big deal, nes.EMU works fine. Even for that matter, I rarely play nes anyhow..