[Q] After flash,Phone wont read SIM,IMEI null/null too! [Tried Everything]

Search This thread

puduraja

Jun 11, 2012
Chennai, India

Sorry it is network problem.

Direction:

1. You flash the modemfly.zip file which was ported earlier in one of my reply.

This is the modem.img of your phone model. Which normally get erased or currupt when we flash non stock roms. I am porting it again to ease you. or it may be available in your external SD Card. Do a CWM flashing.

2. Kindly check using phone call #*06#, if it is invalid no signal will come.

I understand after the last exercise only you were able to get back the signal bar notation on the lock screen and also you were able to write the imei.

Have you tried flashing imei.zip file earlier ported using Mobileuncle tool. .

try and report. until tomorrow I evening I will be in Chennai and then I will be moving out to my village and if signal comes I will attend.

Now the problem in your phone is only modem.img you try to download roms from same model phones and replace the modem.img in my file that is modemfly.zip and continue the excercise, you will succeed. or you port the url of roms pertaining to your phones, I shall try to port you few zip files that you can attempt if file in fails.

I hope you will succeed. I am porting agian the modemfly.zip file again,

Wih best of luck.

Attachments

• modemfly.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 90
Reactions: Hacko132

Hacko132

Mar 18, 2014
Sorry it is network problem.

Direction:

1. You flash the modemfly.zip file which was ported earlier in one of my reply.

This is the modem.img of your phone model. Which normally get erased or currupt when we flash non stock roms. I am porting it again to ease you. or it may be available in your external SD Card. Do a CWM flashing.

2. Kindly check using phone call #*06#, if it is invalid no signal will come.

I understand after the last exercise only you were able to get back the signal bar notation on the lock screen and also you were able to write the imei.

Have you tried flashing imei.zip file earlier ported using Mobileuncle tool. .

try and report. until tomorrow I evening I will be in Chennai and then I will be moving out to my village and if signal comes I will attend.

Now the problem in your phone is only modem.img you try to download roms from same model phones and replace the modem.img in my file that is modemfly.zip and continue the excercise, you will succeed. or you port the url of roms pertaining to your phones, I shall try to port you few zip files that you can attempt if file in fails.

I hope you will succeed. I am porting agian the modemfly.zip file again,

Wih best of luck.

I flashed the zip in CWM recovery and after the reboot i wrote both IMEI's with Sn and Imei writter(windows program)!
Baseland and IMEI's is there but No Service again! No sim inserted message again!

No,i didnt tried the imei.zip you gave me earlier not needed!

puduraja

Jun 11, 2012
Chennai, India
I flashed the zip in CWM recovery and after the reboot i wrote both IMEI's with Sn and Imei writter(windows program)!
Baseland and IMEI's is there but No Service again! No sim inserted message again!

No,i didnt tried the imei.zip you gave me earlier not needed!

just try and see, we do not know the factual. sometime it may work. Nothing will happen further to the phone. Before you flash the modemfly.img you should write the imei or take the imei.bak to internal or external sd card and use the Mobileuncle tool to falsh and then follow it up immediately with flashing the mdoemfle.img file. It has to be in sequence.

Request you to Just give a try.

One more thing what you can do is if you have MTK Droid tool use that to write your IMEI. Some time that will also fix the error. before that again you root your phone through MTK Droid took because it will provide you a 100% root for the MTK phones. My experience shows that even though if we root with normal Frameroot.apk or any other tools or through custom build roms, the MTK tool provides a perfect root and some of the applications will get realized quickly.

If you want the tutotial I can give and if you have time you can google this forum.

Try.

thanks for doing all the exercises patiently. good bye.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hacko132

Hacko132

Mar 18, 2014
just try and see, we do not know the factual. sometime it may work. Nothing will happen further to the phone. Before you flash the modemfly.img you should write the imei or take the imei.bak to internal or external sd card and use the Mobileuncle tool to falsh and then follow it up immediately with flashing the mdoemfle.img file. It has to be in sequence.

One more thing what you can do is if you have MTK Droid tool use that to write your IMEI. Some time that will also fix the error. before that again you root your phone through MTK Droid took because it will provide you a 100% root for the MTK phones. My experience shows that even though if we root with normal Frameroot.apk or any other tools or through custom build roms, the MTK tool provides a perfect root and some of the applications will get realized quickly.

If you want the tutotial I can give and if you have time you can google this forum.

Try.

I wrote the imei first(With sn and imei writter)(MTk droid tools imei/nvram box is grey) and after that i flashed the modemfly from CWM recovery! No signal :(

Hacko132

Mar 18, 2014

Try.

Anything new man? Im really confused atm:(

bairro

Nov 29, 2007
if they are grey is because you didnt click the button "root" you have to click that button to have access to other options

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every posts helps aton guys! Cant find whats wrong!
    Wrote imei successfully but no service at all! Anyone?
    Maybe its not the modem.img

sometime this happens due to nvram-data erase also. Yesterday when I was fiddling with my friends xolo q3000. with an attempt to install a custom rom it happened.

When attempted with more than 8 time with the earlier procedures as reported to you the signal bar did not return.

But when i pumped in the nvram.tar file of my SPICE MI -535 one, using the smart phone flash tool the signal bar returned. The IMEI was succesful and the mobile data and phone worked.

The procedure followed was.

1. Take the SP Flash tool to the Desktop
    2. Keep ready your flash- ROM which you have already
    3. Before doing any thing just click open the Scatter file and edit the as below
    4. After opening the scatter file, delete the "__" which occur after the closed {} brackets and save the file.
    5. Now go to the SP Flash tool and double click the flash tool.exe which may have blue colour notation.
    6. After the pop-up of the functional tool click the scatter option and automatically all the required files will get ticked except the nvram one.
    7. Now click open the nvram.bin file and complete the required tool files. The file is ported here.
    8.Do complete format of your phone by choosing "Format whole flash" and click format. Do not close the tool
    9. Now after reboot click on the Frimware upgrade button please check if the nvram.bin is there
    10 After reboot, now replace the nvram.bin with nvram.tar and click download button.
    11. Reboot
    12. Now use the Mobile uncle tool and update imei.
    13. Reboot and enjoy.

The nvram.bin is inside the nvra,.7z kindly extract the nvram.bin from the .7z file.
    Please note The ported files are from my phone file and latter on you can change when you get the signal.

It may work. It worked for me. When there was no sim signal on the lock screen and also in inside settings there was no SIM management, it could revive both the functionality. Though the data is of spice mi535, it could revive the XOLO Q3000 of my foriend.

May be if you follow this you may get back the signal, I hope. If the signal did not come then,

If you have your own files it will be good. If you do not have use own.

After flashing them you kindly flash the modem.img through CWM which was ported earlier of your own phone model. Please I have not flashed this or any moem.bin to my friends XOLO Q3000 phhone.

I am porting the nvram.bin and nvram.tar which I have used. If you are able to get your phone model .nvram.tar and nvram.bin files it would be sure. You can try with your friends phone to get the data using MKT Droid tool.

Please report back your experience and it may be of use to others also.

best wishes
    Is this your phone modem.

May not be. Your original stock Rom is required.

As you said it has corrupted your phone after you fleshed again this firmware file and the modem.img may not recover your signal.

You give the stock Rom url. The original Rom url not the Rom which has corrupted your McDaniel file.

If you know please give I will do the rest.

I can get only tomorrow the broadband connection, kindly give your correct details / model country/
    make etc of your phone

R

Sent from my Spice Mi-535 using xda app-developers app
    Thanks again mate! This is the ONLY rom i cam find compatible with my phone! I asked the chinese website where i bought it and they said i should look for "Hdc I9500" roms! Im really confused! The official/factory rom is nowhere thats a huge problem that would fix many others :/ cam we fix the Sim Read without the official rom but with this one?:/

If it is HDC i9500, I have the ROM The same rom caused my spice sim not to read I was able to over come and again HDC MAx note 3 ROM also does. Now my custom firmware is of HDC Max note 3 a beautiful ROM I am little worried about your board it is 6572. OK I will try and post few some zip file you will be able to get back your signal.

Camera is not a problem you have to change some files in the LIB folder. Which I did in the HDC Max rom for the kernel 3.4.5

Any how I will try.
    If it is HDC i9500, I have the ROM The same rom caused my spice sim not to read I was able to over come and again HDC MAx note 3 ROM also does. Now my custom firmware is of HDC Max note 3 a beautiful ROM I am little worried about your board it is 6572. OK I will try and post few some zip file you will be able to get back your signal.

Camera is not a problem you have to change some files in the LIB folder. Which I did in the HDC Max rom for the kernel 3.4.5

Any how I will try.

Hallo,
    I have ported modemfly.zip and mddbandmodem.zip files. Kindly take the to your Extentionh SD Card and flash through CWM.

You may have to write using Mobile uncle tool the imei if you have backed up or otherwise rewrite them using the Mobile uncle tool. For temporary use i am porting my IMEI back up. It is in rar format open it extract it and put it in the sd card and flash using mobile uncle toll first before flashing the ported zip file

With best wishes
    Flashed both zips from CWM recovery without any luck again! Im really confused once again! I emailed the company and they said the rom "does not exist"...

No sim signal/read! I wrote the IMEI though!

The other alternative would be flash the nvram.bin along with other files or seperately through flash tool.

use MTKDroid Tool 2.4.8 or less and you can find them by googleing it. I hope your other function of the phone is alright. You have to tick usb debugging. you can also root the phone through the same tool and not only for rooting you use MTK 2.5.3