G900t on AT&T no lte support?

Search This thread

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
I have unlocked my phone and switched over to AT&T temporarily while away from home because T-Mobile is still stuck on edge where I summer. AT&T has strong lte in my area, yet I'm only able to connect to 4G. I've changed apn settings around and I know the g900t supports all the same bands as g900a... I'm assuming this is a firmware issue, any additional insight is welcome or solution if anyone is in the know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
I'll also gone into service mode by typing *#2263# in the dialer and attempting to manually connect to the AT&T lte bands, I get bars but no data.

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
I've also changed my build prop info so my phone thinks it's a g900a

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
Also I'm running beanstown nf6 odex Rom with nf6 firmware/radio.

Christopher3712

Oct 2, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have unlocked my phone and switched over to AT&T temporarily while away from home because T-Mobile is still stuck on edge where I summer. AT&T has strong lte in my area, yet I'm only able to connect to 4G. I've changed apn settings around and I know the g900t supports all the same bands as g900a... I'm assuming this is a firmware issue, any additional insight is welcome or solution if anyone is in the know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'll also gone into service mode by typing *#2263# in the dialer and attempting to manually connect to the AT&T lte bands, I get bars but no data.

I've also changed my build prop info so my phone thinks it's a g900a

Also I'm running beanstown nf6 odex Rom with nf6 firmware/radio.

You need to have your SIM card provisioned for LTE. You'll have to supply AT&T with an IMEI for an LTE capable device. It doesn't have anything to do with your firmware or device.

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
Have you tried going into the dialer going *#2263# and manually selecting the LTE band there?

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
I've called at&t and told them about the provisioning issue and they told me that my phone was properly provisioned in the system for lte. However, they probably just said that so I'd go away haha.

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
I've called at&t and told them about the provisioning issue and they told me that my phone was properly provisioned in the system for lte. However, they probably just said that so I'd go away haha.

Yeah probably.
That was gOing to be the next thing I would have suggested.
Sounds like something in their network is not allowing it to connect then.

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
I went into att and had one of tnt worker scan in his imei for me and now everything is good, I'm not sure if he changed any of the digits tho, but I have lte now so that's good!