[Q] flashing wth Odin stucks at Factoryfs.img step...tried everything,what to do now?

Search This thread

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
I had battery issues with my Note GT-N7000. I purchased the original battery from samsung service center. Phone did restarted several times due to low battery. After one such incident it was not accepting my correct pattern. After some time it just stopped getting start up.
Then i tried to enter into recovery mode. It got stucked at android green logo, wheel spinning every single time.

But download mode is still working. I tried to re-flash it with stock firmware as i was running it before this problem occurred (stock with root).

I followed flashing instructions extremely carefully and as they instruct. When i put my phone into download mode, it got successfully recognized by my computer, But while flashing it got stucks at flashing factoryfs.img, ""NAND write start"" and followed by ""complete write operation failed"".

I did changed my original usb cable to another original cable. My antivirus and firewall are turned off permanently. I did tried it on another computer but same result. Downloaded my firmware from sammobile twice. Did tried different Odin versions from 1.83 to 3.07. But no luck at all. I am attaching my screenshots so that you can have a look.

Please help me out in any way you can. Any links or help will be highly appreciated from the bottom of my heart. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Attachments

• Odin.JPG
    Odin.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Device_Manager.JPG
    Device_Manager.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 30

zombieplanalpha

Jul 12, 2012
woodland
Did you have a ROM on it that required you to change the PIT file? If there is a different partition scheme that could cause an issue. Also try unchecking f reset time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Green-Bot

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
Did you have a ROM on it that required you to change the PIT file? If there is a different partition scheme that could cause an issue. Also try unchecking f reset time.

Thanks for your quick response. I do not have a ROM that require me to change PIT information. I was on pure stock with root before this issue came up. I did unchecked reset time but same error came up.
Different partition scheme...? As far as i know, i didnt do anything to my partitions.

Attachments

• Odin_1.JPG
    Odin_1.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 25

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
You bricked your device. Search for threads with "factoryfs.img" and you'll find answers (repartition, replace MB or follow hg42's thread).
And you'll might find your post from Nov 2012 when you had a problem like this before but "solved" it.

So is there any possibility of restoring the data?

zombieplanalpha

Jul 12, 2012
woodland
Negative. Custom recovery and frequent backups along with an app like titanium backup would have been good to have before this happened

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
Negative. Custom recovery and frequent backups along with an app like titanium backup would have been good to have before this happened

I do have the backup but its more than 2 months old...but i cannot go into stock recovery....i should have installed cutom recovery. Any links to follow or any proper guides to come out from it?

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012

Attachments

• ODIN_0.JPG
    ODIN_0.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Odin_1.JPG
    Odin_1.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Odin_3.JPG
    Odin_3.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Odin_4.JPG
    Odin_4.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 22

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
i have used custom PIT files due to which my binary counter has increased(i dont care as its out of warranty). My phone shows a yellow warning sign on bootup and now it just dont even start the recovery mode and shows that yellow warning sign when i try to enter recovery.

Download mode is still working but i am unable to perform any write operation. NAND operation is failing everytime. When i used PIT files, it says re-partition operation failed. I can only try things mentioned in the above posts only when i can enter recovery.

Will someone be kind enough to help me out on this one as i really need urgent help? Please help me out guys.

I think you didn't read hg42's thread and didn't follow his big bold red warnings.
Brute Force experiments with different pit files made it only more difficult or impossible.

In his thread there is a link to another thread related to the problem
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26285877&postcount=12
forest describes a manual method to check for errors including a repair option by scanning the device with e2fsck in chapter 4.2.

I remember some users who solved the brick with factorfs.img with this method (at least I remember one where nokiamode gave that hint).

Try this and follow forest`s instructions carefully.

Reactions: Green-Bot

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
I think you didn't read hg42's thread and didn't follow his big bold red warnings.
Brute Force experiments with different pit files made it only more difficult or impossible.

forest describes a manual method to check for errors including a repair option by scanning the device with e2fsck in chapter 4.2.

I remember some users who solved the brick with factorfs.img with this method (at least I remember one where nokiamode gave that hint).

Thanks for replying. I did read that article carefully but all steps and troubleshooting is valid only and only when your phone's recovery mode is working. In my phone, only download mode is working. So all those steps are not applicable to me.
However i went for case B where he has described solution if we are unable to access recovery mode and suggested to use blind method to use custom pit files. I followed him but it didn't worked out for me. None of the pit files worked for me and i just ended up raising my binary counter to 2 now.

I am not receiving any replies from people(Only 2 or 3 kind people like you have replied, i appreciate it). I am not getting support. Its reallly sad just because my phone is little old now.

Even if i didn't find any solution and my phone becomes a brick( i guess it has become by now) it is still fine for me But the most sad thing is no one cares to reply on a community which was built to help each others. I am continuosly searching for solutions now. Lets see how far i can go. Thanks for your time. Do let me know if you come across any thing or i am ready to try any solution/troubleshooting steps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You bricked your device. Search for threads with "factoryfs.img" and you'll find answers (repartition, replace MB or follow hg42's thread).
    And you'll might find your post from Nov 2012 when you had a problem like this before but "solved" it.

You tried flashing PhilZ-cwm6-DDLSC kernel tar file fusing odin?