[Q] Please help. Modem for n7105 4.4.2

Search This thread

NEDSTER1972

Dec 5, 2009
Gateshead
Hello I Updated to Kit Kat 4.4.2 about a month ago & everything has been working fine. but recently my network has been dropping & emails, Facebook etc taking ages to load & I have to either try & switch on/off flight mode to reset network or find new network to get connection.
Do i need a new modem or is it just EE being a **** Network again
My rom is the stock Nordic n7105xxufnd3.
Can I get another modem for this to load through odin or do i need to revert back to 4.3 rom to get better network connection.

thank you to anyone who helps.

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Do you have a custom recovery? If so nandroid (backup everything) and factory wipe. If not, it's worth trying anyway just less convenient without root or cus. recovery.
Basically there is little reason why your connection should get worse expect hardware failure or network problems, this could could be as simple as a bad contact with the sim, but it's worth ruling out software issues first as they're normally fairly simple (and free). It's also worth trying a different network if you can. It'll help if we can start ruling more things out.

NEDSTER1972

Dec 5, 2009
Gateshead
Do you have a custom recovery? If so nandroid (backup everything) and factory wipe. If not, it's worth trying anyway just less convenient without root or cus. recovery.
Basically there is little reason why your connection should get worse expect hardware failure or network problems, this could could be as simple as a bad contact with the sim, but it's worth ruling out software issues first as they're normally fairly simple (and free). It's also worth trying a different network if you can. It'll help if we can start ruling more things out.

Cheers I am going to try uninstalling a few apps i dont use & maybe clear some caches etc.
See if that makes a difference.

Hello I Updated to Kit Kat 4.4.2 about a month ago & everything has been working fine. but recently my network has been dropping & emails, Facebook etc taking ages to load & I have to either try & switch on/off flight mode to reset network or find new network to get connection.
Do i need a new modem or is it just EE being a **** Network again
My rom is the stock Nordic n7105xxufnd3.
Can I get another modem for this to load through odin or do i need to revert back to 4.3 rom to get better network connection.

thank you to anyone who helps.

Did you ever get your signal to stop switching on EE mate? The same thing is happening to me and its a pain in the arse. I'm considering changing the modem but I don't know which one would be good for EE.