[REF] The HTC Vision (Desire Z & G2) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread

Search This thread

blahbl4hblah

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
You said you have no idea how your friend rooted your phone right? Well in any case it will show s-off, one is true and the other just fakes the signal. Hence the reason I told you to use gfree_verify to see whether you are really s-off. If you are then you will retain your s-off after flashing eng hboot and latest radio.

All of this has been cover a thousand times. Please search and read.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Oh haha, sorry. thanks
EDIT:
did the gfree_verify and had s-off for real
updated to the latest hboot as well

Last edited:

hungyellow

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas
So I have had this radio for about 5 days now and it seems pretty good get faster speeds. I am just having issues with signal dropping randomly and I had that issue before flashing this radio. I am in Kansas so I don't know if that makes a difference. Anyone having problems with signal dropping with this radio. Maybe it is a ROM issue. I had the stock radio before, so I am thinking of trying .17 radio. How does it compare to the .27?

bstylz911

Jan 10, 2009
Las Vegas
So I have had this radio for about 5 days now and it seems pretty good get faster speeds. I am just having issues with signal dropping randomly and I had that issue before flashing this radio. I am in Kansas so I don't know if that makes a difference. Anyone having problems with signal dropping with this radio. Maybe it is a ROM issue. I had the stock radio before, so I am thinking of trying .17 radio. How does it compare to the .27?

which radio do u have currently??

bstylz911

Jan 10, 2009
Las Vegas
which radio are you all guys using? im having signal issues on virtuous. but when flashed to a different rom, my signal is perfect. idk the problem.

AZ2ENVY

Oct 1, 2010
Energy Vortex's
I am currently running CM 6.1.1 with 26.03.02.26_M and its a friggin battery
hog to the point where it makes it warm to the touch . If I select only 2G usage
then everything is fine (Battery goes cool gain , consumption goes wayyyy down ,
etc.) Once I select 3G+ battery consumption goes up significantly , gets warm ,
etc . I know its not my location where I live because I live 2 blocks from a tower ,
and 1 mile from another tower . dbm's are pretty damn low in the 70's and obviously
4 bars of HSPA .

Baphometa

Dec 18, 2010
Seattle
Hello guys, Looking to install a new radio but would like to back up my current stock Radio in case i ever decide to revert to stock again anywhere i could find out how to do this? Im using a tmob g2 i have perm root s-off with gfree and all that good stuff with eng hboot also which one of these radios posted here are the newest or is the other thread ive read about the one with newest radio? well any response will be appreciated thanks for reading my wall of text

Also if for some reason flashing my radio goes to **** and it fails is it possible to bring it back from the brick a bad flash would cause?

Last edited:

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Hello guys, Looking to install a new radio but would like to back up my current stock Radio in case i ever decide to revert to stock again anywhere i could find out how to do this? Im using a tmob g2 i have perm root s-off with gfree and all that good stuff with eng hboot also which one of these radios posted here are the newest or is the other thread ive read about the one with newest radio? well any response will be appreciated thanks for reading my wall of text

Also if for some reason flashing my radio goes to **** and it fails is it possible to bring it back from the brick a bad flash would cause?

You don't have to backup your stock radio. If you want to go back to it just download it again and flash it.

And there shoudn't be a reason for you to brick your phone unless you flash a radio thats not made for it or you disconnect your usb cable while its flashing.

Reactions: elroy944

TrueYears

Jan 13, 2011
I am using .27 but have noticed it drains battery pretty quick and no real improvemnt, however, I am not sure which was the stock radio it was using. Anyone happen to know which the stock radio November G2s came with?

Kevin001111

Aug 6, 2010
Tempe
I am not experienced in flashing radios but I'm running cm7 rc2 and recently I have noticed that my "HSPA" sign won't show up, just 3G. I will note that couple days earlier I flashed a update.zip that would change the "HSPA" to a "4G" sign. It didn't work so I just restored to a previous state in cm7 rc2 through cmw and the "HPSA" sign was there but has now magically disappeared. I heard flashing a radio would fix this but I'm unsure :( help!

Sent from my HTC Vision running CM7/GingerSense

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
I am not experienced in flashing radios but I'm running cm7 rc2 and recently I have noticed that my "HSPA" sign won't show up, just 3G. I will note that couple days earlier I flashed a update.zip that would change the "HSPA" to a "4G" sign. It didn't work so I just restored to a previous state in cm7 rc2 through cmw and the "HPSA" sign was there but has now magically disappeared. I heard flashing a radio would fix this but I'm unsure :( help!

Sent from my HTC Vision running CM7/GingerSense

What update.zip is that?

go into dialer and press *#*#info#*#* then phone info
Under network type it should say UMTS, if you press run ping test it should turn to HSDPA. If it does then try reflashing RC2 or Nightly 22 (it has a few bug fixes) to fix the H not showing up. If it never switches to HSDPA when you ping then it can be a lot of things...

...and where did you get this update.zip please link me. Careful when flashing anything through your recovery. You can cause more harm then good, especially if its not from a reputable source.

mjckt

Jun 25, 2007
Santiago
I read all the thread trying to know how to flash a new radio, finally I went for PC10IMG.zip, since i have gfree and s-off, everything went ok

Perhaps the OP should be updated with all the options and requisites that you need when you want to do this. Im not a complete noob but could be easer i think

----
well, apparently is done (need to search better the next time)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970809

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the HTC Vision (TMOUS G2 and Desire Z) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread!

Well, my old HD2 Radio ROM Thread became a reference for all HD2 users, so.. I'm retrying this here now :)

Radio ROM Downloads:

Vision_RADIO_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.18: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28a.60.140e_26.03.02.08: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.26.60.1301_26.02.00.24: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOUS_RADIO_12.21.60.09b_26.02.01.15 (G2): MegaUpload

Official hBoot Downloads:

Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0005: MegaUpload
    Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0002: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOBILE_HBOOT_0.82.0000 (G2): MegaUpload

Installing:

0. Make sure you've got the ENGINEERING HBOOT installed on your device!
    1. Download the archive
    2. Decompress it, you'll have a .img file (its name should be "radio.img")
    3. Copy it into your fastboot folder
    4. Boot your device into FastBoot mode and connect it to your PC via USB
    5. Go into your Android SDK folder with CMD (Windows) or Linux terminal
    6. Flash the Radio on your device: "fastboot flash radio radio.img"
    7. Wait until the process finishes. You should read "COMPLETE" on your device's display.
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy!

Please note that you should flash a new radio only if you really know what you're doing!

NOTE: 26.04.02.17 is known to work on G2 and most probably all the radios are flashable on both G2 and D-Z.

Happy flashing!
    -kholk
    I think the general consensus is it's safer to flash the radio (and HBOOT/SPL) from fastboot unless it's a radio specifically for the device. With the G1, after a lot of debate, it was discovered that it was being bricked when flashing the SPL with the wrong radio in recovery, and that it was actually borking the recovery partition. I think this is the thread that explains it. Again, the above thread is in regard to the G1, but I believe a good reason why it's better to flash via fastboot.

That doesn't apply to the G2 as all SPLs and radios are compatible, so far...
    The main reason is that fastboot won't let you flash a corrupt radio where as a zip will flash indiscriminately in recovery.

It's also a good detriment from flash happy noobs. They should take the time to learn and figure out what an spl is.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
    Do you by chance know of any other way to flash this new radio without fastboot from a computer. I've tried several times to get fastboot to work on my laptop and it just won't. I've used SDK on several phones in the past but just dosen't seem to play nice with my G2.

Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Then rename it as "PC10IMG.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

It works for me, hope it helps!
    So a (probably silly) question on radio ROMs......
    Is it possible to change the frequency your handset operates at by changing the ROM, or is the frequency determined by the hardware?

The reason I'm asking is that I also have a Bell Canada handset (850/1900 MHz) which works fine when I'm at home in Australia, but won't work if I'm travelling through Asia which I do quite regularly. Is it possible to get a custom 850/2100MHz ROM?

That would be hardware..you can't actually change the frequency of the phone..the radio is the software side of things as far as I know...you could probably use it in asia but only get 2g data..I know :(

Sent from my HTC DesireZed
    All the links are dead :S

Could you please re-link?

This is an old thread, to find more updated links see here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43195539

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium