[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

Search This thread

andyroidking

Mar 10, 2016
Lenovo P11
hey guys,
need help on the adb, i installed the version 1.4.3, after installation rebooted my pc and run command prompt then i type fastboot devices it shows that command not recognize. was wondering where is the adb installed?
currently running in windows 10 64 bit. please help, searched the whole pc cant find the adb folder.
C:/adb :)

Digian

Aug 29, 2007
Hi guys, I saw a few people asking for the Android 7.0 (API 24) platform tools (adb.exe and fastboot.exe) so I have put together a minimal bundle.

It contains the latest USB driver and latest platform tools extracted from the Android Studio (v2.2.0.12) 2016-09-24.

Importantly, I kept the SDK Manager aka downloader, so you can fetch new SDK modules or update the USB driver or tools at any time.

The bundle is 24mb compressed / 38mb uncompressed. Note: the SDK Manager downloader app requires Java.

Google: if you are reading this, stop forcing us to download the 1.57gb Android Studio, for crying out loud include platform-tools plus the USB driver in your command line bundle AND digitally sign your files!

Enjoy.

25hhgjn.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Android-SDK-20160924.zip (24.28MB)

MD5: 81109404e9642ae5af5201e292111e52
SHA1: 8e98c31465cc503148b38b0e9047836e33225d3a

Mirror1: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zusrye
Mirror2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zgzw8yve7f9281w/Android-SDK-20160924.zip
Mirror3: http://rgho.st/private/7Vvd8sdbG/027fe7e295e6365b9bb7f0b9e9b805f0
Mirror4: http://depositfiles.com/files/qfvy7piy6
Mirror5: http://uptobox.com/uzyu6jog1z69
Mirror6: http://uploaded.net/file/dro17wa0

PS. If you still cant connect to the adb interface, your phone might need a different USB driver than the generic Google driver. My Samsung Galaxy needed a special USB driver and if you also use a Samsung you can try their Official USB driver here:

http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB) - Click the filename on their site, its a link that can be tricky to see.

Last edited:

jiojio

Dec 30, 2011
Tell me flash twrp procedure for linux

I am not have windows pc .

How to flash twrp for zuk z1 in Ubuntu ?

What is bootload unlock ??

Flash the custom recovery ( twrp ) automatically bootloader unlock ??

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
[/COLOR]

I suppose you came out of the womb knowing everything there is to know? Jeeze.

You might just be a little bit more impressed with yourself that Trump is with himself. Think about that for a while.
It was in jest, good sir. The intended recipient received it in good humor. Your distasteful interjection is not welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Last edited:

morphirr

Oct 1, 2016
Ok i installed both 1.4.2 and 1.3 and although it shows Other Devices ANDROID when I try to update driver it does not show Android in the list of choices on windows 7 only shows 61883 Device Class and AVC Devices and now when I try to eject my phone from PC it shows it as CD Drive (F:) Mobile Partner, can someone HELP Please I hope it hasn't affected my DVD Burner :crying:

How do I uninstall this as I don't want my DVD Burner Broken due to driver installation :crying::crying::crying:

jdl512

Feb 9, 2016
ADB not shown in device manager

I installed ADB per this thread last night and followed directions. All seemed good. I am using windows 10, which received an update today. Now ADB does not show in my device manager and I seem to have a driver issue that I can't correct due to this. My phone does not show under 'other devices' so I cannot follow the directions to get adb to display in device manager again. My Verizon turbo now shows under portable devices in device manager and I have no option to install adb drivers as I did last night when installing adb. I can only update an MTP driver there. Before todays system update, I was able to see my device in command prompt using 'adb devices' when the phone was booted. I could use the adb command to send the phone to fastboot and then see my device ID with the 'fastboot device' command. Now, I can still do those except 'fastboot devices' yields no results in the command prompt. I can enter fastboot and it will list its commands as usual, so it seems to still be there, but I suspect a driver issue. I have tried reinstalling adb per this thread and the install seems to be fine, but since i cannot see adb in device manager, i cannot update the drivers again.

I cannot find instructions to remove ADB and start fresh.

Any help is appreciated.

nyancat

Apr 25, 2011
I installed ADB per this thread last night and followed directions. All seemed good. I am using windows 10, which received an update today. Now ADB does not show in my device manager and I seem to have a driver issue that I can't correct due to this. My phone does not show under 'other devices' so I cannot follow the directions to get adb to display in device manager again. My Verizon turbo now shows under portable devices in device manager and I have no option to install adb drivers as I did last night when installing adb. I can only update an MTP driver there. Before todays system update, I was able to see my device in command prompt using 'adb devices' when the phone was booted. I could use the adb command to send the phone to fastboot and then see my device ID with the 'fastboot device' command. Now, I can still do those except 'fastboot devices' yields no results in the command prompt. I can enter fastboot and it will list its commands as usual, so it seems to still be there, but I suspect a driver issue. I have tried reinstalling adb per this thread and the install seems to be fine, but since i cannot see adb in device manager, i cannot update the drivers again.

Any help is appreciated.

You run adb-setup-1.4.3.exe with run as administrator, mine were like that it shows 0 file being copied and none of adb and driver being installed without run as administrator. If still fail no driver being installed reboot windows and "disable driver signature enforcement".
17129d1429475180-driver-verifier-enable-disable-windows-10-a-disable-startup-settings-2.jpg

Reactions: andyroidking

jdl512

Feb 9, 2016
You run adb-setup-1.4.3.exe with run as administrator, mine were like that it shows 0 file being copied and none of adb and driver being installed without run as administrator. If still fail no driver being installed reboot windows and "disable driver signature enforcement".
17129d1429475180-driver-verifier-enable-disable-windows-10-a-disable-startup-settings-2.jpg

Thanks again. I disabled driver sig reinforcement and installed again as admin. It is installing 4 files as the tutorial shows (exe's for adb and fastboot and 2 dll's). I still do not see adb in my device manager though my phone shows when I use 'adb devices' in command prompt as admin. However, 'fastboot devices' still will not see my phone after I enter fastboot mode.
Should I be seeing another folder named 'Android SDK' or similar in my c drive? I do not.

Update:
I installed abd per this thread on another laptop that has XP(instead of win 10) along with the moto device manager for my phone(needed for the laptop device mgr to see my phone initially under 'other devices' as Android device) and had success. I was able to remove my 'unlocked boatloader' boot image. However, I had to use a batch file that handled the mapping to the new bin file with the stock moto image. The command failed when I ran it from command prompt because the bin file couldn't be found. I had placed it in the adb c root folder with the adb and fastboot exe's and that didn't work. I have been told that I should see another c root folder named 'Android sdk' or similar and place files in its platform tools subfolder to flash them. I do not see an 'Android sdk' folder anywhere. I only see an adb folder I'm the c drive root. Can you help me here?

I will continue to work on my adb install issue on my Windows 10 laptop and report back on the resolution. Thanks again.

Last edited:

nyancat

Apr 25, 2011
Thanks again. I disabled driver sig reinforcement and installed again as admin. It is installing 4 files as the tutorial shows (exe's for adb and fastboot and 2 dll's). I still do not see adb in my device manager though my phone shows when I use 'adb devices' in command prompt as admin. However, 'fastboot devices' still will not see my phone after I enter fastboot mode.
Should I be seeing another folder named 'Android SDK' or similar in my c drive? I do not.

Update:
I installed abd per this thread on another laptop that has XP(instead of win 10) along with the moto device manager for my phone(needed for the laptop device mgr to see my phone initially under 'other devices' as Android device) and had success. I was able to remove my 'unlocked boatloader' boot image. However, I had to use a batch file that handled the mapping to the new bin file with the stock moto image. The command failed when I ran it from command prompt because the bin file couldn't be found. I had placed it in the adb c root folder with the adb and fastboot exe's and that didn't work. I have been told that I should see another c root folder named 'Android sdk' or similar and place files in its platform tools subfolder to flash them. I do not see an 'Android sdk' folder anywhere. I only see an adb folder I'm the c drive root. Can you help me here?

I will continue to work on my adb install issue on my Windows 10 laptop and report back on the resolution. Thanks again.

bin file with the stock moto image. The command failed when I ran it from command prompt because the bin file couldn't be found.
I had placed it in the adb c root folder with the adb and fastboot exe's and that didn't work.

i don't have moto turbo, but it should be works though, bin file name should be identical when flashing so copy and paste the filename on cmd with extension on it at the end when typing so it looks like mfastboot flash xxxxx.bin . :confused: . Are u gonna roll back to stock rom? There must be another way or guide to flash stock firmware back then i'm using rsdlite/mfastboot etc let the software/batch do the job.

X-weApon-X

Dec 4, 2013
GB
meettomy.site

Any help is appreciated.
Turn off your smartscreen filter as well , it will interfere

Sent from my 6S Plus using XDA-Developers mobile app

jdl512

Feb 9, 2016
Turn off your smartscreen filter as well , it will interfere

Sent from my 6S Plus using XDA-Developers mobile app

Thank you very much for the reply. I have not yet resolved the ADB driver issue that appeared after my Windows 10 update, but I was successful when installing ADB/Fastboot on my XP laptop. I was able to use it to remove my unlock bootloader msg and also reinstall TWRP so I could reflash my CM13 backup. I will work on my Win 10 issue and report back if I can resolve it.

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

bin file with the stock moto image. The command failed when I ran it from command prompt because the bin file couldn't be found.
I had placed it in the adb c root folder with the adb and fastboot exe's and that didn't work.

i don't have moto turbo, but it should be works though, bin file name should be identical when flashing so copy and paste the filename on cmd with extension on it at the end when typing so it looks like mfastboot flash xxxxx.bin . :confused: . Are u gonna roll back to stock rom? There must be another way or guide to flash stock firmware back then i'm using rsdlite/mfastboot etc let the software/batch do the job.

Thank you very much for the reply. I had no issue installing ADB/Fastboot on my XP laptop and used it to begin learning with ADB. Prior this, I have only unlocked, rooted, and installed CM13 and did those on mobile. Also on XP, I was able to rt click in open space in the ADB folder(with the exe's and logo bin file) and 'open command prompt here' which fixed my flash logo failure- it was user error there. I had gone back to my stock backup and wanted to remove the unlocked boot msg before trade in toward a pixel, but decided to keep the turbo and also order the pixel. I used ABD to reinstall TWRP so I could reroot and get back on CM13.
One thing that caused some confusion is that the 15 second ADB install option only installs 4 files so there are no subfolders. I was looking for a platform tools sub folder to drop my logo file in , but it is not there with the 15 second option.

andy_65_in

Jul 21, 2015
i have a win 10 system free upgraded from win 8-will this adb work here, i ask so as i have to further use adb to convery my sd card as inyernal storage which isnt possible presently in my zenphone laser 2 550KL with marshmallow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread should be locked & the download links in post #1 should be replaced with these XDA portal links:

What is ADB? How to Install ADB, Common Uses, and Advanced Tutorials (for Windows, macOS or Linux)

^ That XDA link looks to be a 404 now:

xda.png

& I'll never get this anyway, Andoid SDK Platform-Tools (AKA "adb") are available as direct download; and why would anybody ever think to suggest ways to get other than from source:

Code:
    https://developer.android.com/tools/releases/platform-tools
    It generates SO much confusion, all kinds of dodgy information across the Internet, that XDA could surely find a way to simplify and stop all the madness. :f
    So if i install this, i will the last updated version always?
    ( i just executed it and it started downloading things rightaway, so i guess it is updated, right?)

i'm a noob at this. srry
    Try installing same package every 3 or 6 months.
    Or
    If you face any problems with adb (mostly never)
    Or
    keep an eye on adb updates on google website.
    When updates are available then install this tool again.
    That's it
    (Tool just modifies some values on your computer and copies files)
    My problem is setting the path variable, hard to do

Not so hard if you follow a tutorial like the ones above (especially the one by XDA)
    I understand that it's a bit more work than installing one of the adb& fastboot tools but the advantages are that you're always up to date and have no problems with installation.
    yeah with platform tools 35, thats really old
    Why don't use platform tools itself? As you say, it's actual and the installation is as easy as for every adb/fastboot tool.
    15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3
    ADB, Fastboot and Drivers
    MCPoJ81.png

What is this?
    This is All-in-One installer for 3 most needed PC tools for Android. No need to download big SDK for 3 small things. I originaly made it for my Kurdish friend AnGrY DuDe in early 2013. I saw another ADB installer on XDA, but it wasn't good enough for me so i'm finaly posting it here. It's very small and fast installer for tools and drivers.

Features:
    Small - 9.18 MB
    Fast - 15 seconds install (many times its even less)
    AIO - ADB, Fastboot and also Drivers
    Easy to install - just run it and program will guide you
    Clean - ADB and Google Drivers from latest SDK

Install process:
    1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
    2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
    3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
    4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
    5. Continue Driver installation
    6. 15 seconds passed - finished!

Notes:
    System-wide: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %SystemDrive%\adb directory, and added system-wide path.
    Current user only: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %UserProfile%\adb directory, and added path for current user.
    CMD can use ADB and Fastboot from any directory.
    Drivers are installed to system - no need to install them from directories.
    Installer automaticly decides if install 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.
    If anybody got problem with detecting device, go see picture guide View attachment howto_driver.zip
    If installation fails, then post here contents of "adb-installer.log" from desktop. (if there is any)

If you have problem with driver enumeration in Windows 8.1 install update KB2917929

If you have older Google USB Driver installed, please uninstall it from Control Panel before installing new

If you have previously installed it as system-wide and now you want it current user only (or vice-versa), it won't remove it, you must do it yourself. (at least for now)

Mod edit
    In this post it was brought to my attention that this installer installs a very outdated version of ADB and its related tools.
    It's highly recommended you use the latest version.
    If you wish to proceed, that is of course okay as this installer arguably provides an easier way to get going with ADB for some people, but do know that it's currently very outdated.
    Downloads: Version 1.4.3
    XDA Mirror added by Mod @Redline
    Downloads: Version 1.4.2
    Google Drive
    Userscloud
    Zippyshare
    Dropbox

Version 1.3 (If upper one doesn't work)
    Google Drive

If you like my work, want to support development and have few coins spare:

Video tutorials: (thanks goes to savadam)

Used tools:
    BRAIN, 7-Zip, Notepad++, WDK, ResourceHacker, UPX, Android SDK, and maybe something else
    Changelog

Changelog

Next version (WIP)
    I will completely rewrite the project and make 2 versions, offline and online one.
    Can also download latest files.
    Will be open-source, code hosted on GitHub.

Version 1.4.3
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 23 version (Android 6.0)
    Version 1.4.2
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 21 version (Android 5.0)
    Version 1.4.1
    - Fixed bug refusing to set %PATH%
    Version 1.4
    - Fixed %PATH% for Windows XP (SETX missing)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 11.0.0000.00000
    - Errorlog
    - Cleanup

Version 1.3
    - Now use 7-Zip SFX (instead of WinRAR)
    - Add choice for "system-wide" or "current user only" installation of adb
    - Newer DPInst (WDK 8.1)
    - Reduced size
    - Fixed bug

Version 1.2
    - Update only files that need to be updated
    - Add to PATH only when its not already present (prevent having it twice or more)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 9.0.0000.00000
    - 2KB bigger :(

Version 1.1
    - Added Y/N option for installations (you can choose what to install)
    - Changed installation directory to "%SystemDrive%\adb" and added PATH
    - Will also remove adb from WINDIR if you still have it here
    - Changed x86/x64 detection system
    - Faster
    - 0.01MB smaller than previous version :D

Version 1.0
    - Initial release
    Nice! Thank you. Will give this a shot. My adb/fastboot quit working when I moved and I cannot get it uninstalled or reinstalled for some reason. Have even tried other one click packages and still no go. Will try tonight. Does this need internet connection to install proper drivers, or are they packaged?

Edit: I just looked at the driver pics and it appears they're local. Great! Thank you.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is WinRAR SFX archive that will start batch script, adb is copied using xcopy and drivers are installed using DPInst - Driver Package Installer from Windows Driver Kit, whole thing is extracted to temp directory and deleted after completition.

And yes, no internet conection is required.

How much did installation took ?
    when the installaton got succesful i got notiication from Bitdefender that Ransomeware behaviour detected by adb-setup-1.4.3.exe. Is this file reallly safe and one more thing i wasn't able to download adb file from your source so i used other webpage. xda forum is not letting me paste the here for now.
    Use this its the original direct download from xda.