[ROM][Vzw] 12/03 | ViperOneM8 5.0.2 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

Search This thread

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
[ROM][Vzw] 12/03 | ViperOneM8 5.0.2 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

HTC_ONE_M8.png

developers.png

Turge | j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | hansbert | shnizlon

visit_us.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][Vzw] 12/03 | ViperOneM8 5.0.2 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more, ROM for the Verizon HTC One (M8)

Contributors
Turge, j to the 4n, m0narx, hansbert,ivicask
Source Code: http://htcdev.com

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 6.21.605.3
Based On: HTC Sense 7.0

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.0.2
Stable Release Date: 2016-03-12

Created 2014-04-12
Last Updated 2016-03-12

Turge

Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
downloads.png

Venom User Agreement - PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOAD

agreement.png
This Agreement contains the complete and entire understanding and agreement between you and the
providers of this ROM ("Licensor") and supersedes any previous communications, representations, or
agreements, verbal or written, related to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not
be modified or amended orally, impliedly, or in any manner not set forth in writing or permitted by this
Agreement.
This Agreement may be amended by Licensor at any time and without notice, but only by amending this
document as posted in Team Venom ROM threads or Team Venom ROMs, unless otherwise agreed to in
writing by you and Licensor.
Any amendments will become effective immediately after being posted. As a condition for this license
you agree to periodically check this license Agreement and terms of use.

License Grant

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR
USING THE CONTENT.
THE OFFICIAL WORK OF TEAM VENOM, INCLUDING TEAM VENOM PROVIDED SOFTWARE IS
COPYRIGHTED AND LICENSED. IT IS NOT SOLD NOR BOUND BY OPEN SOURCE SHARING OR LICENSING.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS CONTENT YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS
LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE
AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE OR ACCESS THE CONTENT. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO
THE ABOVE IS IN CASES WHERE TEAM VENOM ROMS ARE DISTRIBUTED WITH A CUSTOM KERNEL, IN
WHICH CASE SAID KERNEL IS FULLY GPL COMPLIANT AND FULL KERNEL SOURCE WILL BE PROVIDED VIA
PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE IN AGREEMENT WITH APPLICABLE OPEN SOURCE POLICIES REGARDING
DISTRIBUTION OF SOURCE CODE FOR MODIFIED LINUX KERNELS.

Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the
content only as authorized in this License Agreement.

Prohibited Acts

Except as authorized in this Agreement, no Team Venom related portions of this ROM may be distributed
by you or any person under your authority or control. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense,
transfer, pledge, sell, lease, rent, lend, or otherwise dispose of the Team Venom portions of this ROM, or
any part thereof, or share your rights under this License Agreement, including passwords and user
names. You agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, convert to another programming language,
or otherwise translate the content, and that you will not rent, lease, or lend the content, or any
component of it, in violation of 17 U.S.C. §§ 109(b)(1). You agree that you will not alter, publish, copy,
cut, modify or transform the content, or any component of it, in any form to any storage medium, known
or unknown, for any purpose whatsoever, except as authorized. You will be held legally responsible for
any trademark or copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the
terms of this License Agreement.

Licensor reserves the right to deny access to any person or to terminate this license for any reason if
Licensor reasonably believes that is not being used for its intended purpose, or for any other reason in
the sole discretion of Licensor.

Licensor's Rights

You acknowledge and agree that the Team Venom owned portions of this ROM are proprietary products
of Licensor, protected under the copyright law. You further acknowledge and agree that all right, title,
and interest in and to the ROM content, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall
remain with Licensor. You agree that only currently serving Team Venom members working on official
Team Venom Projects may modify, distribute, or use the ROM and its contents.

No Warranty

THE CONTENT IS LICENSED "AS IS," AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, AND/OR
USE OF THIS ROM DEMONSTRATES COMPLIANCE WITH ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO
NOT WISH TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT YOU MUST CEASE USING THIS ROM AND ALL
TEAM VENOM APPLICATIONS.

Limitation of Liability

In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary
damages or lost profits, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SOME
STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

No Guarantee of Correctness - No Legal Advice - No Medical Advice
The ROM has been prepared and/or obtained for general information and entertainment purposes only
and is not intended to provide legal, medical, tax, or professional advice. You acknowledge that Licensor,
its owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents do not promise or guarantee
that the ROM is correct, complete, or up-to-date. There is no guarantee that the ROM is correct,
complete, or up-to-date for any specific circumstance.

Privacy Policy

By using this ROM, you agree to the collection and use of your information by Licensor in accordance
with this Privacy Policy. Licensor reserves the right to change the terms of this Privacy Policy at any time
without notice. Your continued use of the ROM following any changes to this Privacy Policy will
constitute your acceptance of such changes.

Information Collected Automatically

This ROM automatically collects technical information when you connect to VenomHUB or check for OTA
updates. Examples of this type of information include the type of phone operating system you are using
as well as your IMEI for phone/user identification purposes and for OTA Update functionality.
Information collected for the purposes of utilizing VenomHUB or OTA ROM updates will not be shared
and is inaccessible publicly.
Governing Law
You expressly agree that this License Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with,
the laws of jurisdiction in which Licensor resides, to the exclusion of any other applicable body of
governing law. This Agreement is entered into in that jurisdiction and not any other jurisdiction.

Exceptions

The following exceptions apply to the above:
In the case of Team Venom Theme Apks, you are permitted to modify, host, and redistribute solely for
use in official Team Venom Viper ROMS. You agree that said modified Apks will be properly labeled as
Team Venom Theme Apks. Further you agree that under no circumstances will said modified Apks be
utilized in any projects that are not explicitly sanctioned by Team Venom, collectively. This includes but
is not limited to: Unofficial Beta releases and ‘Kangs’. Team Venom takes no responsibility for issues
arising from modification or redistribution of aforementioned Theme Apks.

All downloads now on:

See Main Thread for changelogs

Last edited:

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Oh snap! I know what in doing when I get off work tonight! Excited to see our first custom Rom with tweaks and on latest firmware as well!!!!

I would assume then (Not sure if it is stated in OP?) since we are all coming from older firmware we need to do a factory reset along with wiping cache and dalvik before flashing?

Once we do this and use your Rom. Can we then go back to the stock Verizon Rom if needed running the older firmware? Not sure how all this firmware works if once we upgrade via this Rom we have it for good or varies?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
wooooo can't wait!! so the download link goes to the regular htc one m8. is that link still for the verizon variant?

Verizon is officially supported. This thread will be used for Verizon-specific issues, but the download link is the same for all versions.

Oh snap! I know what in doing when I get off work tonight! Excited to see our first custom Rom with tweaks and on latest firmware as well!!!!

I would assume then (Not sure if it is stated in OP?) since we are all coming from older firmware we need to do a factory reset along with wiping cache and dalvik before flashing?

Once we do this and use your Rom. Can we then go back to the stock Verizon Rom if needed running the older firmware? Not sure how all this firmware works if once we upgrade via this Rom we have it for good or varies?

Custom ROMs don't update firmware. We do that manually through fastboot. You definitely want to wipe all data (except internal/SD) when flashing this, but you can easily restore a stock backup if needed.

I did that quite a few times while working with Turge to get this booting on Verizon. :)

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
And the gates have opened. Do we have to flash the aroma zip to install it on the phone first, then install the rom? On my DNA, I think getting aroma on the device initially required me to flash some zip.

If you liked my post, please hit the "thanks" button.
Sent from my HTC One M8!
U WOT M8?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
And the gates have opened. Do we have to flash the aroma zip to install it on the phone first, then install the rom? On my DNA, I think getting aroma on the device initially required me to flash some zip.

If you liked my post, please hit the "thanks" button.
Sent from my HTC One M8!
U WOT M8?

Nope. Just download, verify MD5 (I'm paranoid like that), and flash.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Verizon is officially supported. This thread will be used for Verizon-specific issues, but the download link is the same for all versions.

Custom ROMs don't update firmware. We do that manually through fastboot. You definitely want to wipe all data (except internal/SD) when flashing this, but you can easily restore a stock backup if needed.

I did that quite a few times while working with Turge to get this booting on Verizon. :)

Can you please explain to me how? What kind of backup should I do before flashing? Then after doing all wipes you recommended, how do I restore or what do I restore in TWRP so not all is lost? Thanks

David522d

May 9, 2010
Silly questions, But does this come with the default gestures?
I've had the phone for only 2 hours =p, loving the touch on and off.

Great work btw!

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
Can you please explain to me how? What kind of backup should I do before flashing? Then after doing all wipes you recommended, how do I restore or what do I restore in TWRP so not all is lost? Thanks

just back up the rom your currently running, long as you have a complete working backup your good,,, and you would restore with the backup you just made if you have a problem

Last edited:
Reactions: deeznuts

djh816

Jul 26, 2009
Loving this so far. Noticed two small issues though:

1) The data usage icon in settings is distorted/incorrect
2) There seems to be a small delay for short home button presses

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Loving this so far. Noticed two small issues though:

1) The data usage icon in settings is distorted/incorrect
2) There seems to be a small delay for short home button presses

1 is a theme issue, and will be corrected at some point. 2 is there because of the option of double tapping Home to launch an action. You can modify the time is waits for another press in Tweaks.

Reactions: ihavenolife008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Vzw] 12/03 | ViperOneM8 5.0.2 ◦ Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more, ROM for the Verizon HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    Turge, j to the 4n, m0narx, hansbert,ivicask
    Source Code: http://htcdev.com

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.21.605.3
    Based On: HTC Sense 7.0

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-03-12

Created 2014-04-12
    Last Updated 2016-03-12
    downloads.png

Venom User Agreement - PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOAD

agreement.png
    This Agreement contains the complete and entire understanding and agreement between you and the
    providers of this ROM ("Licensor") and supersedes any previous communications, representations, or
    agreements, verbal or written, related to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not
    be modified or amended orally, impliedly, or in any manner not set forth in writing or permitted by this
    Agreement.
    This Agreement may be amended by Licensor at any time and without notice, but only by amending this
    document as posted in Team Venom ROM threads or Team Venom ROMs, unless otherwise agreed to in
    writing by you and Licensor.
    Any amendments will become effective immediately after being posted. As a condition for this license
    you agree to periodically check this license Agreement and terms of use.

License Grant

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR
    USING THE CONTENT.
    THE OFFICIAL WORK OF TEAM VENOM, INCLUDING TEAM VENOM PROVIDED SOFTWARE IS
    COPYRIGHTED AND LICENSED. IT IS NOT SOLD NOR BOUND BY OPEN SOURCE SHARING OR LICENSING.
    BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS CONTENT YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS
    LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE
    AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE OR ACCESS THE CONTENT. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO
    THE ABOVE IS IN CASES WHERE TEAM VENOM ROMS ARE DISTRIBUTED WITH A CUSTOM KERNEL, IN
    WHICH CASE SAID KERNEL IS FULLY GPL COMPLIANT AND FULL KERNEL SOURCE WILL BE PROVIDED VIA
    PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE IN AGREEMENT WITH APPLICABLE OPEN SOURCE POLICIES REGARDING
    DISTRIBUTION OF SOURCE CODE FOR MODIFIED LINUX KERNELS.

Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the
    content only as authorized in this License Agreement.

Prohibited Acts

Except as authorized in this Agreement, no Team Venom related portions of this ROM may be distributed
    by you or any person under your authority or control. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense,
    transfer, pledge, sell, lease, rent, lend, or otherwise dispose of the Team Venom portions of this ROM, or
    any part thereof, or share your rights under this License Agreement, including passwords and user
    names. You agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, convert to another programming language,
    or otherwise translate the content, and that you will not rent, lease, or lend the content, or any
    component of it, in violation of 17 U.S.C. §§ 109(b)(1). You agree that you will not alter, publish, copy,
    cut, modify or transform the content, or any component of it, in any form to any storage medium, known
    or unknown, for any purpose whatsoever, except as authorized. You will be held legally responsible for
    any trademark or copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the
    terms of this License Agreement.

Licensor reserves the right to deny access to any person or to terminate this license for any reason if
    Licensor reasonably believes that is not being used for its intended purpose, or for any other reason in
    the sole discretion of Licensor.

Licensor's Rights

You acknowledge and agree that the Team Venom owned portions of this ROM are proprietary products
    of Licensor, protected under the copyright law. You further acknowledge and agree that all right, title,
    and interest in and to the ROM content, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall
    remain with Licensor. You agree that only currently serving Team Venom members working on official
    Team Venom Projects may modify, distribute, or use the ROM and its contents.

No Warranty

THE CONTENT IS LICENSED "AS IS," AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER
    EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
    MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, AND/OR
    USE OF THIS ROM DEMONSTRATES COMPLIANCE WITH ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO
    NOT WISH TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT YOU MUST CEASE USING THIS ROM AND ALL
    TEAM VENOM APPLICATIONS.

Limitation of Liability

In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary
    damages or lost profits, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SOME
    STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR
    CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

No Guarantee of Correctness - No Legal Advice - No Medical Advice
    The ROM has been prepared and/or obtained for general information and entertainment purposes only
    and is not intended to provide legal, medical, tax, or professional advice. You acknowledge that Licensor,
    its owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents do not promise or guarantee
    that the ROM is correct, complete, or up-to-date. There is no guarantee that the ROM is correct,
    complete, or up-to-date for any specific circumstance.

Privacy Policy

By using this ROM, you agree to the collection and use of your information by Licensor in accordance
    with this Privacy Policy. Licensor reserves the right to change the terms of this Privacy Policy at any time
    without notice. Your continued use of the ROM following any changes to this Privacy Policy will
    constitute your acceptance of such changes.

Information Collected Automatically

This ROM automatically collects technical information when you connect to VenomHUB or check for OTA
    updates. Examples of this type of information include the type of phone operating system you are using
    as well as your IMEI for phone/user identification purposes and for OTA Update functionality.
    Information collected for the purposes of utilizing VenomHUB or OTA ROM updates will not be shared
    and is inaccessible publicly.
    Governing Law
    You expressly agree that this License Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with,
    the laws of jurisdiction in which Licensor resides, to the exclusion of any other applicable body of
    governing law. This Agreement is entered into in that jurisdiction and not any other jurisdiction.

Exceptions

The following exceptions apply to the above:
    In the case of Team Venom Theme Apks, you are permitted to modify, host, and redistribute solely for
    use in official Team Venom Viper ROMS. You agree that said modified Apks will be properly labeled as
    Team Venom Theme Apks. Further you agree that under no circumstances will said modified Apks be
    utilized in any projects that are not explicitly sanctioned by Team Venom, collectively. This includes but
    is not limited to: Unofficial Beta releases and ‘Kangs’. Team Venom takes no responsibility for issues
    arising from modification or redistribution of aforementioned Theme Apks.

All downloads now on:

See Main Thread for changelogs
    A few points:

• It is usually advisable not to download a rom for a specific device when a warning exists above or to the right of the download link (ie. "Please note: We apologize but Verizon support was removed due to technical issues")
    • In the list of requirements, we have: "We suggest to make a backup from your currently running system first.". We really suggest you do it. This way if we screw up.. well, guess what? You're still up and running.
    • The ROM install wipes system, cache and optionally, data. When wiping data within the rom install, we give you the ability to migrate your tweak settings. If you wipe anything BEFORE flashing the rom, you lose this ability, and it's completely pointless anyways.
    • Don't blame us for your stupidity. We work hard to provide you something to enhance your phone experience. This isn't a business, but a pastime. We're not Walmart so please don't treat us like you bought something that you're not happy with.
    vzw will get some love today
    changelog.png
    ViperOneM8 1.7.0 (June19)
    • Added
      • Added/Fixed Venom DownloadProvider: Let's you create download groups based on file extension
      • Added Venom Keyboard skins
      • Added back VenomAppInstaller
      • Added SOS Function to HTC Flashlight
      • Added VenomPackageInstaller
      • Added kernel customisation support to tweaks (requires update from your kernel dev)
      • Added PnP control to CPU tab
      • Added HTC DotView Customizations (New Tab in VenomTweaks)
        - Choose custom apps to show notifications on your HTC Dot View Case
        - Choose apps that shall turn the screen on on incoming notification
      • Added Venom category with venom apps to native settings
      • Added customization of Extreme Powersaver Launcher shortcuts
      • Added Extreme Powersaver to APM
    • Fixed
      • Fixed Blinkfeed FC on adding RSS from browser
      • Fixed Gallery FC on sharing button
      • Fixed appdrawer 5x6 grid size icon and text spacing
      • Fixed Sprint tethering -tnx baadnewz
    • Updated
      • Updated all VenomApps to use HTC Theme Colors
      • Updated VenomHUB
        - registration required
        - rate and comment items on the hub
        - download count of individual items
        - sorting items by download count and rating
        - system notifications for news, ota, new and updated items
        - venom news blinkfeed service
      • Updated VenomSidebar
        - fixed open on touch setting opening also on swipe
        - added panel custom color option
        - added swipe to open setting
        - added min swipe distance
      • Updated VenomTweaks
        - Visual and code improvements
      • Updated Google play store 4.8.20

Enjoy guys...again lots of work went into it. A lot of it done my @m0narx. who joined the sense 6.0 development.

Update is available via OTA:

Settings->About->Software Update.

Downloadable ota will be available soon as well as a fullrom.