ASK ANYTHING >>{{Noob friendly}}

Search This thread

techie24

May 20, 2012
Hi there!
Is there any way to root stock 5.1.1 without downgrading the firmware, please help me with the method of any.
Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app

Aravinth_sm

Mar 31, 2013
If you speak in this tone, it is unlikely you will ever get any help.

Now back to the topic, I have succeeded in getting the firmware manually. I followed this method :
1. Launch XperiFirm.
2. Go through the selection process for ZR and the latest Lollipop version.
3. In the popped up dialog window, select Manual and wait for links to be copied to clipboard.
4. Launch a download manager and get all the files.

I am getting the last file right now. I have done some more research and am now fairly confident of arriving at a solution soon.

Will update as things progress.

Thanks for your concern,
By the way i found the easy way to root,
the old method of KingRoot is working now,
U can root using KingRoot Tool from here and then use replace kingroot with supersu by this method
Thanks for the developers @ KingRoot ;)

Last edited:

elVitcon

Aug 7, 2013
It's kinda weird to ask but anybody here know how to port Google Now homescreen widget from Google Now launcher to stock launcher. I love the way that the widget allows me to search for everything without get into google app.

Aravinth_sm

Mar 31, 2013
Can u share the link of kingroot file which u used to root? And please explain the method to remove Kingroot and use Supersu?

Sent from my D6502 using XDA Free mobile app
See post no 102
i have included the links,
its explained step by step in that link
first download and install kingroot and then open the app(data connection required) it will automatically root the device,
then follow the steps mentioned in the second link,
for your convince i am sharing the "replace kingroot by supersu" link here
http://zidroid.com/how-to-get-ride-and-replace-kinguser-with-supersu-app/

Last edited:

sling-shot

Jul 6, 2012
Wanderlust
@Aravinth_sm

After all the preparation going through downloading stock firmware, creating a pre-rooted version and flashing the .zip through recovery I ended up with a single line error. On rebooting the upgrade to Lollipop was successful but there was no root :(

So I had to follow your advice and get root through Kingroot. Then I followed your advice further to replace Kingroot with SuperSU. Thanks for the help, you earn the award "Lifesaver of the highest order" today.

=========================

As a followup question, I am seeing this trouble in integrating updates to Play Store and YouTube into /system using Link2SD. All other system updates can be successfully integrated.

In these 2 cases, Link2SD creates a folder called PhonSky.t and YouTube.t in /system/priv-app and /system/app and keeps stuffing .apk files of ALL the installed programs into that folder hence invariably running out of space soon. I find this uncharacteristic and have not found a solution to this yet.

Is there a fully manual method of integrating these updates into /system? In KitKat at least we could just copy the .apk into the correct directory and it would install during next boot.

elVitcon

Aug 7, 2013
Anyone here got the apk file of "Backup and restore" app in ZR. I'm using a rom cook but it doesn't include this stock app. That's great if you can help me. Thanks

sling-shot

Jul 6, 2012
Wanderlust
Hwy guys how to start a threat can u tell where is the option to create one
There will be a button to "Start new thread" unless you are looking to start a 'threat'!

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Anyone here got the apk file of "Backup and restore" app in ZR. I'm using a rom cook but it doesn't include this stock app. That's great if you can help me. Thanks
I can give you. The Lollipop version that is.

PM me your email ID.

Msf107252

Jul 10, 2015
Ahmedabad

kash296

Sep 2, 2014
Bridgewater
So here's the thing. There's been heavy rains in my hometown of late. And the two ports for the charger and headphones on my phone have long since been broken. Like well over a year. And unfortunately for me, water went into my device. The display looks to be a goner, but when i put it to charge, it seems to power up. Any chance of me salvaging any data from my internal memory? I'm particularly keen on getting my whatsapp data back, if possible. :/

enfilade

Oct 10, 2013
Hyderabad
So here's the thing. There's been heavy rains in my hometown of late. And the two ports for the charger and headphones on my phone have long since been broken. Like well over a year. And unfortunately for me, water went into my device. The display looks to be a goner, but when i put it to charge, it seems to power up. Any chance of me salvaging any data from my internal memory? I'm particularly keen on getting my whatsapp data back, if possible. :/

Did you try to connect it to a computer? The internal storage shows up if USB connectivity is set to MTP on your device. It might also show up if it is set to MSC, but I'm not sure about that.

kash296

Sep 2, 2014
Bridgewater
Did you try to connect it to a computer? The internal storage shows up if USB connectivity is set to MTP on your device. It might also show up if it is set to MSC, but I'm not sure about that.

well, i have done the usual. Sadly it doesn't show up. The only thing that does work is fastboot. I hoped somehow it'd boot, and i could use ADB to recover the required data. When i put it to charge, the sony logo shows up, disappears, shows up and does so on and on, as if the boot cycle has been disrupted, making me suspect that my phone's hardware is fried, which i sincerely hope is not the case. Last night i was unable to even reach my home, where there was no power anyway. And also my phone had only like 10% battery remaining, so almost everything doesn't go in favor of me recovering anything from the internal storage. Fortunately my SD card's fine, i can load that up in to my tab and proceed as if nothing really ever happened. It's just that i'm hoping i can recover my whatsapp data and possibly some photos which were saved onto my internal storage.

enfilade

Oct 10, 2013
Hyderabad
well, i have done the usual. Sadly it doesn't show up. The only thing that does work is fastboot. I hoped somehow it'd boot, and i could use ADB to recover the required data. When i put it to charge, the sony logo shows up, disappears, shows up and does so on and on, as if the boot cycle has been disrupted, making me suspect that my phone's hardware is fried, which i sincerely hope is not the case. Last night i was unable to even reach my home, where there was no power anyway. And also my phone had only like 10% battery remaining, so almost everything doesn't go in favor of me recovering anything from the internal storage. Fortunately my SD card's fine, i can load that up in to my tab and proceed as if nothing really ever happened. It's just that i'm hoping i can recover my whatsapp data and possibly some photos which were saved onto my internal storage.

If the Sony logo shows up, then it is not a display issue.
You should try to flash a firmware (using flashtool) on your device without wiping internal storage and see if you could get it to boot.

kash296

Sep 2, 2014
Bridgewater
If the Sony logo shows up, then it is not a display issue.
You should try to flash a firmware (using flashtool) on your device without wiping internal storage and see if you could get it to boot.
well, i'll add another detail then, the logo shows up, though the screen is a bit distorted, as the effect of water going in is pretty visible. So what happens is the logo shows, the device powers off, and restarts. Sort of like a bootloop even before the actual boot begins. It's a little complicated. kinda tough to get photos to show too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this thread as everyone has it except us

Any topic about ZR aka dogo :thumbup:

Sent from my furious XPERIA ZR ;)
    Yes even I suggest not to unlock your bootloader unless you want to use some custom rom like cm12 as unlocking the bootloader will decrease the camera performance in low light conditions and some other features like bravia engine 2 will stop working..

Instead if you want to stay on stock Sony rom then just get a pre rooted firmware (of any country) and then flash it through recovery and you will be on 5.1.1 rooted.
    If you want recovery also then after you flash the Pre-rooted zip flash the NUT dual recovery flashable zip as well.

This seems to be the best option for me. Thanks a lot.
    I am not willing to unlock bootloader yet.

I am on 4.4.4 with root using SuperSU. Been searching the proper method of upgrading to Lollipop while keeping root or rooting updated Lollipop without unlocking bootloader.

Yes even I suggest not to unlock your bootloader unless you want to use some custom rom like cm12 as unlocking the bootloader will decrease the camera performance in low light conditions and some other features like bravia engine 2 will stop working..

Instead if you want to stay on stock Sony rom then just get a pre rooted firmware (of any country) and then flash it through recovery and you will be on 5.1.1 rooted.
    If you want recovery also then after you flash the Pre-rooted zip flash the NUT dual recovery flashable zip as well.
    Can u share the link of kingroot file which u used to root? And please explain the method to remove Kingroot and use Supersu?

Sent from my D6502 using XDA Free mobile app
    See post no 102
    i have included the links,
    its explained step by step in that link
    first download and install kingroot and then open the app(data connection required) it will automatically root the device,
    then follow the steps mentioned in the second link,
    for your convince i am sharing the "replace kingroot by supersu" link here
    http://zidroid.com/how-to-get-ride-and-replace-kinguser-with-supersu-app/
    Please I need stock systemui.apk found in system/privapp/systemui folder. Someone please Send a link fast. Left without navigation and status bar until then...

HERE you go.

Tapped from my furious dogo ;)