Search This thread

tenfar

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 16, 2007
Beijing
www.tenfar.com
This is the guide to enter Recovery mode
1、Power off your Phone
2、Long Press the Volume Down Button ,Then Press the power button to power on your Phone
3、when you see the Green Android Robot ,press the bottom-right corner of your screen。bingo!you are in the Recovery Mode Now.
4、the touch screen is full functional.using touch to select menu,press bottom-left conner of your screen where there is show ok button to confirm action.

jboogie3

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2009
Florida
As soon as we get custom recovery i will have a rom out. I have it ready to share.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wocka
May 22, 2008
Madison Heights
Im more than willing to donate for a rom that gets rid of all this moto blur stuff......there is an app, or process, that murders my battery similar to the ice truck killer. I have to close it every morning :(

One rom= more roms. :)

[UT] X-RAY

Dec 6, 2010
Im more than willing to donate for a rom that gets rid of all this moto blur stuff......there is an app, or process, that murders my battery similar to the ice truck killer. I have to close it every morning :(

One rom= more roms. :)

identify, root, rename. problem solved.

my solution so far:
1° rooted defy with z4root
2° renamed apps (amazonmp3 & friendfind) with Super Manager
3° automatic app garbage collection with Advanced Task Killer

don't like the blurlauncher but half of the blur widgets. so I am not killing blur totally ... yet

astounded

Dec 13, 2010
I don't really care whether any rom would be 2.2 or 2.3. I am so grateful that people that know more about this stuff than me are here. If development continues I am sure we will get both 2.3 and 3.0.

Also, I feel a deep need to stick it to Motorola for waiting 12 months since 2.2 release to actually update the Defy to 2.2 in Europe.

Thanks for all your work, I really appreciate it.

manielli

Nov 8, 2009
Froyo Stock Recovery

Hi there, I have recently updated to the leaked official froyo for defy and I was able to go to stock recovery and root recovery before updating and I was only able to go through the update through the custom recovery and I did it anyway but since I had the adw launcher my defy got a lot slower and I had to uninstall it and I ended with a nonfunctional home button and I have use back button to go to home screen and sometimes I'm stuck in an infinite loop and can't get to home at all so I thought reinstalling the same update.zip file might help since I didn't want to lose any of the data and settings on the phone, so this time when I used the volume down and power button method it gave me this picture and the botton right corner doesn't do anything. btw I have lost my root as well after the initial update. Any thoughts on how to get to custom recovery or even if getting there will let me re-update to the leaked froyo update again?

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Reactions: pificos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1、Power off your Phone
    2、Long Press the Volume Down Button ,Then Press the power button to power on your Phone
    3、when you see the Green Android Robot ,press the bottom-right corner of your screen。bingo!you are in the Recovery Mode Now.
    4、the touch screen is full functional.using touch to select menu,press bottom-left conner of your screen where there is show ok button to confirm action.
    To get into stock recovery on the 2.2 from that screen you need to press volume down and volume up at the same time.

Sent from my MotoDefy.
    As soon as we get custom recovery i will have a rom out. I have it ready to share.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
    Froyo Stock Recovery

Hi there, I have recently updated to the leaked official froyo for defy and I was able to go to stock recovery and root recovery before updating and I was only able to go through the update through the custom recovery and I did it anyway but since I had the adw launcher my defy got a lot slower and I had to uninstall it and I ended with a nonfunctional home button and I have use back button to go to home screen and sometimes I'm stuck in an infinite loop and can't get to home at all so I thought reinstalling the same update.zip file might help since I didn't want to lose any of the data and settings on the phone, so this time when I used the volume down and power button method it gave me this picture and the botton right corner doesn't do anything. btw I have lost my root as well after the initial update. Any thoughts on how to get to custom recovery or even if getting there will let me re-update to the leaked froyo update again?
    1、Power off your Phone

This guide should be amended with:

3. If you're on Eclair (2.1) press the bottom-right corner of your screen. If you're on Froyo (2.2) press volume up and down simultaneously.