Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
MOD EDIT: links removed

Screenshot ER

- ER is for emergency room, because it works where nothing else does

Now working on literally almost all rooted devices! If it doesn't, let me know and ill fix it ASAP.

Features include:

- Shake, delay or notification icon methods
- Thumbnail or fullscreen previews
- Rotate images
- Start on boot
- JPEG or PNG
- Share menu integration for Picasa, Dropbox or what ever you have installed
- Choose save folder
- Shake sensitivity adjustment
- Stealthy notification icon

Screens:

Demo Market Link:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2,444
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,196
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,070
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,118
Last edited by a moderator:

funnycreature

The app will always be available for free from XDA, it is our gift to the community.

A beta is currently being tested by everyone in the office, and the app itself will be posted here in the next few hours, after we put some basic icons together and make sure it actually works :)
Stay tuned, all your screen capture needs will be met within a few hours!

That sounds exciting! The other workaround is pretty tedious :)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Im glad this is peaking at least someone's interest. The app is almost ready - another 20 minutes and ill post it in the header!

funnycreature

It works!

Downloaded to Dropbox, installed, enabled, and shaken :D

I got wonderful screenshots - Hooray!

I would like to add a few suggestions:
  1. Maybe add a widget that lists the screenshots and takes you to the folder when clickin on it
  2. Is it possible to add an icon to the notification bar that can be used to take a screenshot upon tapping (similar to Task killer)? Shaking is working fine but I never know if it works since the notification takes a few seconds to appear.
  3. Sometimes the screenshot contains the notification that the app has been granted superuser rights. Maybe a timing issue?

Thanks for the great app though! looking forward to more options!

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Youre quite right, its pretty barebones right now. Written in just 2 days, using a totally new method (as far as i know at least). By the way, it should work on all rooted devices, 1.6+.

We have another project to push out on friday, but ill definitely look into adding more better stuff over the weekend, thanks for the suggestions!

And im aware of the delay, the code needs to be cleaned up a little. Ill look into that as well.

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Nice! Thank you! This is great!

lol. And just to think that some people in the dev forum were accusing you of not being a developer, and those same people will probably be using your app a lot. :rolleyes:

[edit]
One thing that should be changed. Under the 'Enable' tab, it says "Screenshot ER does not active" it should say "Screenshot ER is not active".

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Trolls will be trolls. Ill clean up the strings a little too.

c_live_lee

[* said:
Sometimes the screenshot contains the notification that the app has been granted superuser rights. Maybe a timing issue/QUOTE]

I've downloaded it but haven't installs just yet but, this sounds like it could be remedied by simply changing the notification settings in Superuser. Thats how I handle it when using Drocap 2.

Edit: Ok, so I've installed and used it for a couple of screeners. Works flawlessly on my CM7 DInc. Even with ER's toast notifications enabled, I had no problem with them being captured in the shot. Thanks so much dev. On a side note, plus one on the notification trigger option. If possible in a future release, it would be a great addition. :)

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Please, post a logcat so that we can look into the issues your having on your elocity slate.

This is where the real download is. That should teach you noobs to read te thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: kymikes

Just-in-time

Nov 4, 2010
Great work. I wish there was a way to do screen captures with out needing root or the SDK tools. The Galaxy can do it so it lol.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I guess you're a bit late with that, it's called "Friends will be friends" and performed by Queen :)
Now to subj, great and useful app, I'll surely give it a try. Thanks
PS: by the way, sorry for my rough posts regarding killswitch :eek:

Sticks and stones man, water under the bridge :)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Im planning a nice update with new features in the next few hours, though it might turn into two smaller ones. Watch this space!

plakius

Nov 11, 2010
YAY!!!!... Would love an icon in the notification bar .. I hate navigating out and back .. It's not the end all but... Anyhow congrats and thanks .. I'm going to buy from market now

I use ScreenShotIt on my DX and their notification icon works great and doesn't use any battery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: links removed

Screenshot ER

- ER is for emergency room, because it works where nothing else does

Now working on literally almost all rooted devices! If it doesn't, let me know and ill fix it ASAP.

Features include:

- Shake, delay or notification icon methods
    - Thumbnail or fullscreen previews
    - Rotate images
    - Start on boot
    - JPEG or PNG
    - Share menu integration for Picasa, Dropbox or what ever you have installed
    - Choose save folder
    - Shake sensitivity adjustment
    - Stealthy notification icon

Screens:

Demo Market Link:
    No more change logs - just reserved.
    One thing that should be changed. Under the 'Enable' tab, it says "Screenshot ER does not active" it should say "Screenshot ER is not active".

I disagree. I like "does not active" better. It may not be grammatically correct, but it makes me smile when I read it.
    This project will be free forever! Its my contribution to the community :)
    Hahaha attack of the noobs:

Your posts are goind straight to the noob hall of fame we have in the dev section. Rest assured, you have been immortalised.