[ROM][v0.52][13-09-2010] MotoFrenzy (Froyo 2.2 for milestone)

Search This thread

SophT

Jul 29, 2010
天津
To remove the phone portal you need to remount the system partition as rw and then remove the apk from /system/app I can't remember the name but its something like PersonalPortal.apk I removed it too since the main client software is windows only and useless for me.

lkgonzales

Jan 28, 2007
Manila
To remove the phone portal you need to remount the system partition as rw and then remove the apk from /system/app I can't remember the name but its something like PersonalPortal.apk I removed it too since the main client software is windows only and useless for me.

Yes, it's called PersonalPortall.apk. I found it using Root Explorer but i cant delete it. I'm not well versed in the proper syntax to do it via cmd prompt.

Edit: was able to delete finally, thanks!

Last edited:

foreman31

Apr 30, 2010
innisfail
sites.google.com
Yes, it's called PersonalPortall.apk. I found it using Root Explorer but i cant delete it. I'm not well versed in the proper syntax to do it via cmd prompt.

Why can`t you delete it? I just did using RootExplorer.
When you open system/app up the top right there is a little button Mount R/W written on it, touch that and change to Mount R/O and then you will be able to delete it

althon64fx

Oct 15, 2005
Sydney
Noticed a problem in v0. 3 which is sometimes i got a signal bar but no network connection and calls can't get through. need to switch on and off airplane to get it working again. Wonder if anyone else hv this problem? thanks dexter and all.

Last edited:

rpgman

Sep 7, 2008
Puteaux
@Althon64fx did you check here (look at first post in "Warning")

@others did you ever used a 2.1 official rom? :p :) (Motorola Portal, how to switch usb action, there's a lot of thread on how to mount r/w /system and how to delete unwanted Motorola's apps with adb shell)

@all if someone has a clue for apps in every app folders (3) ^^

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Forget all about the motorola portal, it was simply to unstable, so if people still want it, they must continue with their 2.1 image.

V0.4 is now released and includes completely new build with FRG01 Stock release of Droid rom for our milestone.

And Camera is working now

Last edited:

althon64fx

Oct 15, 2005
Sydney
Thanks for the tip.. my milestone is a 900/2100 one.. so it shouldn't be a problem of different bands..... which bpsw is this firmware using? might give a try to change it into other bpsw

vladanpg

Feb 7, 2008
Wow amazinig job Dexter. Just waiting for full functioning camera including video recorder.
Can it be done in 720p, like on HTC?
Thanks again.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Froyo FRG22 image for our Milestone. but as this is not using the kernel, there are some limit to functions based on kernel requirement. But its close, and works great and is alot faster.

You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or me a Red bull, and you're sure i stay up working on this mod´or you can visit my new homepage at Dexter's mods

Primary Image download - MotoFrenzy v0.52 FULL image

MotoFrenzy folder goes into /nandroid/adbrecovery on your SDCARD
    ALWAYS WIPE YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING A FULL IMAGE
    Patches
    none
    download the latest attached zip , and inside you find a MotoFrenzy-vx.xx-update-nosign zip , which you copy to your sdcard into the folder /OpenRecovery/updates and recover from OpenRecovery menu.
    Patches only match the release which it is made for. so 0.1 release has patches 0.1(a-z) and so on. you cannot use 0.1a on a 0.2 release.
    THEMES (works on 0.5 but FRG22 features are lost)
    Themes applied with OpenRecovery, will automatically format(factory reset) your phone, as these has different signatures and cannot be used on top of this releas without factory reset.

Download http://dext3r.komodin.org/MotoFrenzy/MotoFrenzy-v05-FRF91-stock-theme-nosign.zipTheme - Nexus1 theme for froyo.
    This theme is based on Modaco R21 release with chinese included too.
    it has multilanguage support and france,germany,italian,portugese and some chinese(i cannot pronounce) as examples
    hw keyboard light only works when "auto" light is disabled. (use power panel, so you can manage light if needed)
    Download http://rapidshare.com/files/410811694/MotoFrenzy-v04-theme-UDexteme5.0.1--nosign.zip.htmlTheme - UD Extreme 5.0.1 for froyo.
    This theme is primarily "dark grey".
    All credits goes to Ultimate Droid for the making of this mod, i just ported their Droid release to run on our milestone.
    You should note, this uses an alternate launcher(PRO) and added functions(UDParts menu) into menus for configuation and as example DISABLE/CHANGE PREFERRED STORAGE for Market downloads, which we, with a 2.1 kernel can utilize. Please visit their site to see the pictures of this mod.
    I have not have the chance to test all options of their menu functions but it looks promissing.
    Download http://rapidshare.com/files/410815633/MotoFrenzy-v04-theme-stock-theme--nosign.zip.htmlTheme - Droid FRG01 stock theme for froyo.
    Original theme coming with 0.4 image. this is primarily just for easy restore.​
    STATUS
    WORKING
    Camera
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Radio (GSM,GPRS,HSPA)
    Wifi
    SDCard detection
    USB / ABD
    AC Charging (milestone specific option)
    3D games / full display support
    Video playback (Youtube etc..)
    Wipe
    G-sensor​
    NOT WORKING
    Video Recorder + camera focus/audio​

INSTALLATION
    FULL Images are copied to the SDCARD into /nandroid/adbrecovery folder, and installed from your OpenRecovery menu.

Patches are copied into the /OpenRecovery/updates folder, and installed from openrecovery menu.​

Radio Band Requirements for different countries
    Some countries require the original 3G files of your current ROM to work ie. Canada, Brazil, Venezuela, Germany and some others countries uses a different band for 3G. If u dont backup the 4 original 3G Files and restore it over this nandroid once installed u gonna have poor signal, sms problems and HSDPA loss (even if u set apn and get conection its gonna be crappy one).
    Files should be in the /system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/ of your phone.
    Files can only be copied from OpenRecovery , using adb shell.

Latest v0.5 has builtin install option using GScript , so you can get the radio replaced/installed. without update zip files.

You might check this thread , if a update-nosign.zip file exists for your model. which makes it easier for you to install.

Filenames are:
    File_Audio
    File_Audio2
    File_GSM
    File_Seem_Flex_Tables
    generic_pds_init​

Changelog history
    v0.52: 13-09-2010
    - native froyo apps2sd now working, thanks to Nadlabak on his work on this. you can call it a preview of his cm6 release :) looking forward to it.
    - location fix, mistakenly updated complete gapps update, but not compatible with our milestone.
    - vpn correction.. (thanks to Pooyan for supplying the account to verify it with)
    - adobe flash removed (download and add externally, the enabler i made is not working)
    - youtube,twitter,maps,voice updates possible in this version (problem related to gapps update)​
    v0.51: 11-09-2010

- updated google apps so updates are possible.
    - added missing flash apk. (use gscript to activate)
    v0.5d: 10-09-2010

- Deodex'd framework.. added custom circle battery stats + E/3G baseband icon.
    - DLNA + Files apps (original from MotoBlur) included.
    - "Files" it makes it possible to copy from/to/between windows fileshare.
    - DLNA service is for now still testing​
    - replaced battery stats lib..
    - corrected /etc/gps.conf , added google info + Europe NTP services.
    - fixed libril driver (earlier version had problems)
    - added notification information onscreen, when shortcuts are used.
    - re-enabled panic daemon reboot, if/when a process fails (such as radio process)

v0.5c: 28-08-2010
    - Added Ext2 filesystem check before mounting.
    - init.rc changes
    - New Keyboard shortcut functions (hold all 3 keys to activate)
    - Spotlight switch (LEFT SHIFT + A + DPAD CENTER)
    - hw keyboard light switch (LEFT SHIFT + A + L)
    - Disable apps2sd (LEFT SHIFT + A + U)
    - Enable apps2sd (LEFT SHIFT + A + T)
    - start adb (LEFT SHIFT + A + X)
    - restart RIL(phone driver) *TEST* (LEFT SHIFT + A + SPACE)
    - copy all downloaded apps to sdcard (LEFT SHIFT + A + P)​
    - Latest Overclock module + app (v1.4) and is now activated (550Mhz) even if no "overclock" file is found on /sdcard

v0.5b: 23-08-2010
    "Call waiting" has been fixed.​
    v0.5a(a): 22-08-2010
    blue led startup fix + usb fix + GScript app + apps2sd ownership mount fix.​
    v0.5: 21-08-2010
    Release updated to FRG22 (official Droid OTA release)
    Apps2SD ext2 partition supported (no more need for use_apps2sd trigger)
    Fixed data signal icon to show E/G/H types
    Added GScript script options for ease of use.
    - Included overclock file creation (Default 550Mhz)
    - Baseband installation option (several countries included)
    - Switch GoogleEmail app (Exchange policy on/off)
    - See space free on EXT2 sdcard partition (partition2 only supported)
    - switch build.prop (Nexus1 and Droid)
    Corrected hw keyboard link, so G.O.T hw keyboard recovery should work now.
    Dalvik cache now moved to /cache folder
    Adobe flash 10.1.72 included seperately

v0.4: 03-08-2010
    Camera starting to work a little, but has FOCUS problem​
    Completely new rebuild with Droid stock FRG01B​
    Flash 10.1 included as apk (push it to the phone with "adb"
    its no longer possible to download with this release.
    build.prop does not match.​
    see bottom of this post for AudioEffect application, and download zip here.​

Removed old changelog below v0.4, seems useless now...

the greetings
    Nadlabak - compiling and testing native froyo apps2sd functionality.
    Pooyan - getting vpn working
    Fightspit - circle battery icon stats.
    Anonymous - betas of images.
    Thyrus - early versions testing with alternate framework
    Luis - themes
    is it possible to take photos on widescreen mode again?

if there's a way, i couldnt find it...

@grojas: can you upload only camera.apk please?
    Hello, i have a motorola milestone and i have a problem, i can't instal all the custom roms for this phone, when i try to restore i have the message "Boot: md5 checksum file missing"
    Openrecovery 1.46, milestone 2.1.
    Thanks

A simple google search would have done the trick for you!

This is not a nandroid restore! You must install it as an update! From Open Recovery menu go to apply updates and run it as an update from there!

Hit the thanks button please! :)