[LINUX] [MAC OSX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.3.0 (Unlock, Root, CWM, Factory)

Search This thread

mmhama2

Dec 20, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I just unlocked the bootloader on my nexus 10 with this tool and my device isn't booting.... just sitting on the boot animation forever. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

***edit*** So I got this problem fixed. If I had to guess I would say that after unlocking the bootloader the factory reset that is run doesn't wipe well enough. I used this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34188192&postcount=32 as the fix and my N10 booted right back up.

Last edited:

vwvanman

Oct 15, 2011
Hi, I'm having trouble with this. I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 trying to root a Nexus 10, ran the script and unlocked the boot loader. Now the device boot loops. I can force it to boot into recovery, so flashed ClockworkMod and then did a factory reset and fixed permissions and wiped the cashes (just in case) but the device still boot loops.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi, I'm having trouble with this. I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 trying to root a Nexus 10, ran the script and unlocked the boot loader. Now the device boot loops. I can force it to boot into recovery, so flashed ClockworkMod and then did a factory reset and fixed permissions and wiped the cashes (just in case) but the device still boot loops.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance

Try the factory reset option in recovery. Had the same problem and that got me squared away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vwvanman

vwvanman

Oct 15, 2011
Try the factory reset option in recovery. Had the same problem and that got me squared away.

Found these instructions which solved the problem (thanks to WugFresh)

If you were to bootloop after an unlock, the procedure would just be to factory reset. Once you unlock, the only way to relock is to run the fastboot oem lock command explicitly or use the toolkits OEM lock button. A factory reset only wipes user data and cache and resets system settings to default.

If you were to bootloop after an unlock, you would first power down; hold the power button until your device turned off. Then you would turn it back on while holding both volume buttons at the same time (so the power button and both the up and down volume buttons)... this will bring you into bootloader mode, where you will see a big green START. Use the volume buttons a few times to turn that big green START to the red RECOVERY. Select recovery by using the power button once, then you will see an android on its back with an exclamation mark.

Once you see that screen (which is the pre-screen to stock recovery), just short press all three buttons (both volume buttons and the power button) at the same time to bring up the stock recovery menu. There you will see an option to factory reset, which you can highlight with the volume button, and select with the power button.

So..

1. Unlock
2. Power down
3. Boot back up with all three buttons
4. Select "Recovery"
5. Short press all three buttons to see the stock recovery menu
6. Perform a factory reset

Then just let it boot back up

tman7510

Jul 28, 2009
Virginia
port to galaxy note 2

I love that the community has a toolkit for Linux. I also would like to have a toolkit for the galaxy note 2. Is there any way this can be done? I will donate to have a version. There is already a windows version but would like to use Linux with my note 2

tatelucas

Nov 28, 2011
Buenos Aires
I love that the community has a toolkit for Linux. I also would like to have a toolkit for the galaxy note 2. Is there any way this can be done? I will donate to have a version. There is already a windows version but would like to use Linux with my note 2

I will try to do it, but I don't guarantee nothing. Please wait 2 weeks. I finish my final exams last week and now with Christmas and New Year Eve I will not be able to work on it. Hope you will understand. :good:

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8

Yes, I could really use a Linux based version for the sprint galaxy note 2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

KlaymenDK

Sep 28, 2009
Be cautious!

Last time I rooted a phone, it was the Desire Z which of course had a replaceable SD card. Doing a factory reset on such a device left the SD card (and, thus, "/sdcard") intact.

For the Nexus 4, this thing resets EVERYTHING on internal memory -- including "/sdcard" and the holiday photos etc...! And it even does so from the very first step, unlocking the boot loader (I mention this because it does not seem obvious, in contrast to when flashing a new ROM).

It's been a long time since I last lost data, but there it is. You might want to include this warning on the front page, so nobody else needs to lose more data than they are aware of.

By the way - Nexus 4 users - use the NEWER software in this other thread! I had problems with the software here ("unlt201.tgz"), resulting in a broken recovery, but with the newer software ("unlt202.tgz") it sailed right through. :D

Last edited:

Tesla67

Jan 23, 2012
Re: [LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Re

Heyyy I was wondering if it is only unlocking that caused the requirement of a factory reset. I already unlocked mine and had to reset and don't feel like having to download nova again -.- so....... am I going to have to reset if I root or is it only with unlocking?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Tesla67

Jan 23, 2012
Re: [LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Re

Does not work using stock recovery there is no install from SD selection. So if I flash cwm am I going to lose everything? Or am I missing something?

gnustomp

Nov 1, 2012

Does not work using stock recovery there is no install from SD selection. So if I flash cwm am I going to lose everything? Or am I missing something?

Obviously. Flash a custom recovery. You won't lose anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Tesla67

Tesla67

Jan 23, 2012

Thanks! Just needed to know if I'd lose everything. I normally used to do it all at once, so I never did find out if rooting or flashing new recovery would wipe. Thanks!

ElTimablo

Dec 9, 2010
Yardley, PA
I'm trying this on SolusOS, which is Debian-based, and I can't flash the custom recovery. You say to download the latest version of the toolkit, but I already have it and it doesn't help. The toolkit acts like it's been flashed, but when I try to reboot to it to flash a rom, it's still the standard stock Android recovery.

toleranz48

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks. That was amazing! Very easy and helpful. The only problem i got was to boot into recovery. Thanks again for sharing your great work!

Grizzly420

May 31, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Just wanted to say i don't know why i had such a hard time finding something for Linux. I tried the windows toolkits and all failed and trying to find a tutorial on Linux and unrooting is difficult. I might have been just ignorant and not seeing them but i cant stand windows and wanted to unlock/flash stock image in Linux.

Your toolkit worked freaking awesome. I still would like the method to push all the files in the terminal to learn but i have been having such issues with my phone and been looking for something in linux for about 3 hrs and fell into this. THANK YOU SO MUCH I was really about to go insane.

If anyone knows of a tutorial on how to do this manually i would really appreciate it. The more i use the terminal and get use to it the better. Not taking anything away from the dev on this it work FLAWLESSLY again thank you my family can now come back home LOL.:good:

Did notice the command

sudo bash ./unltlauncher.sh wasn't the same as the downloaded file

so i had to change it to sudo bash ./unltlauncher100.sh but that was it.

Again thank you

duzy.kucyk

Mar 19, 2013
Heyyy I was wondering if it is only unlocking that caused the requirement of a factory reset. I already unlocked mine and had to reset and don't feel like having to download nova again -.- so....... am I going to have to reset if I root or is it only with unlocking?

Only unlocking causes data wipe / factory reset. Rooting or flashing recovery won't wipe your data.

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
If I use this to lock bootloader and flash stock ROM, will the rack that I have flashed newer radios matter? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v2.3.0

NOW COMPATIBLE WITH MAC OSX!!!

Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit is a bash script based program that offers an easy way
    to do all you need to do before flashing a custom ROM on your Nexus device.

It works with:

1. Nexus 4 [mako]
    2. Nexus 10 [manta]
    3. Nexus 7 (WiFi) [grouper]
    4. Nexus 7 (GSM) [tilapia]
    5. Galaxy Nexus (GSM) [maguro]
    6. Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) [toro]
    7. Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) [toroplus]
    8. Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020t and i9023) [crespo]
    9. Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a) [crespo]
    10. Nexus S (Korea version, m200) [crespo]
    11. Nexus S 4G (d720) [crespo4g]

With this toolkit you will be able to:

- Unlock the bootloader.
    - Flash CWM recovery (Standard or Touch).
    - Root the phone.
    - Lock the bootloader.
    - Flash Google Factory Image. (Not available for Sprint Galaxy Nexus)

DOWNLOAD IT FOR LINUX HERE

DOWNLOAD IT FOR MAC OSX HERE

Galaxy Nexus Linux Toolkit is Open Source! See the CODE

HOW TO EXECUTE:
    Please extract the .tgz in the place you want, for example in /home/user
    Open a terminal and type the following:
    >user@linuxormac: cd "THE PATH WHERE IS THE unltlauncher.sh FILE"
    >user@linuxormac: bash ./unltlauncher.sh
    If you extract it in /home/user/unlt, the path to the .sh must be /home/user/unlt
    so you have to type:
    >user@linuxormac: cd /home/user/unlt
    >user@linuxormac: bash ./unltlauncher.sh

Note: If you're running on a 64 bits OS, please install 32 bits libraries. If you're running on Linux and you didn't configure UDEV rules for your device, please run the script with superuser permissions (sudo bash unltlauncher.sh)

Here are some SCREENSHOTS::good:

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%2520de%25202012-11-18%252000%253A06%253A09.jpg

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%2520de%25202012-08-22%252018%253A13%253A16.jpg

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%2520de%25202012-08-22%252018%253A13%253A19.jpg

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%2520de%25202012-08-22%252018%253A13%253A30.jpg

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%2520de%25202012-08-22%252018%253A13%253A39.jpg

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%2520de%25202012-08-22%252018%253A14%253A25.jpg

I hope you will find it useful! :laugh:
    P.S. Sorry for my English. I'm from Argentina!
    I'm wondering this too. I know that virtual machines can be touchy, especially when USB interfaces are involved, so I don't want to try that. Maybe a regular live DVD, or we could use the Wubi installer for ubuntu? I don't know if it's possible to install 32 bit libraries on a live DVD... but I guess I can just download a 32 bit ubuntu image if I go that route (if I can find a blank DVD somewhere!)

As Komodo said, a virtual machine is not recommended for running programs which involve USB interfaces.
    Try running Ubuntu from a 32 bits Live CD. But I really recommend to have a Linux OS on hard drive.
    I'm pleased to report that every function of this worked great for me in Ubuntu.

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks in advance

Obviously. Flash a custom recovery. You won't lose anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD