<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Search This thread

xxsicknessxx

Nov 21, 2011
wow this fixed my problems thanks a bunch I was stuck on 3g on att before and turns out im in a lte area... you hecka rock thanks

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Which version of Slim?

I have root box dude and btw if your using default settings there wrong. Make sure your using the ones on the front page of this post. Default ones are missing things. I mean they work but like you said you get drops all the time right? I used to also ... sooo ya :) if need more help pm me mines fixed at least!!11

where's H+

I'm currently on Rootbox Vanllla. I either get a 4g icon or a 3g icon. from what I understand 4g is lte and 3g encompasses 3g, hspa and hspa+ I do not get H+ sign howerver by checking the speed I know I'm on hspa+ network even though I have the 3g icon. Is there a way to see what bandwith I'm actually on? Is that Rom specific? I've tried a few aosp roms (vanilla, task, cm10) they all either show 3g or 4g I wanna see 3g, h, h+, 4g.

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I'm currently on Rootbox Vanllla. I either get a 4g icon or a 3g icon. from what I understand 4g is lte and 3g encompasses 3g, hspa and hspa+ I do not get H+ sign howerver by checking the speed I know I'm on hspa+ network even though I have the 3g icon. Is there a way to see what bandwith I'm actually on? Is that Rom specific? I've tried a few aosp roms (vanilla, task, cm10) they all either show 3g or 4g I wanna see 3g, h, h+, 4g.

You can go into About Phone => Status and check the network connectivity... Does it just bounce around from 4g to 3g or does something cause that?

akadreday

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto
wavyseason.com
Still Have Problems With Connectivity

Im still on stuck on edge
can anyone that has i747m s3 using the AOKP rom in canada
please help me out

i swear to all the developers why cant u jus make a rom without any connectivity issues that should be the first priority
never had problems jailbreaking my iphone back in the day... rooting is just a pain in the ass it seems

PatcheZ

May 6, 2008
Im still on stuck on edge
can anyone that has i747m s3 using the AOKP rom in canada
please help me out

i swear to all the developers why cant u jus make a rom without any connectivity issues that should be the first priority
never had problems jailbreaking my iphone back in the day... rooting is just a pain in the ass it seems
well... it's kinda of tough to help you if you don't read.
1. swearing to devs will get you no help
2. jailbreaking is essentially rooting
3. try flashing a different ROM on iphones... oh wait, you can't.
4. go and ACTUALLY read the posts from the link Quasimodem wrote

PS. had you stayed with stock sammy, you would likely never have had this problem... but wait, you never had this problem jailbreaking an iphone (because you never flashed any ROMs on it)

akadreday

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto
wavyseason.com
ummm ok

well... it's kinda of tough to help you if you don't read.
1. swearing to devs will get you no help
2. jailbreaking is essentially rooting
3. try flashing a different ROM on iphones... oh wait, you can't.
4. go and ACTUALLY read the posts from the link Quasimodem wrote

PS. had you stayed with stock sammy, you would likely never have had this problem... but wait, you never had this problem jailbreaking an iphone (because you never flashed any ROMs on it)

i didnt ask for 2 cents on that
obviously i read the post
do u have Rogers S3 i747m on AOKP
if not i dont need your 2 cents

PatcheZ

May 6, 2008
i didnt ask for 2 cents on that
obviously i read the post
do u have Rogers S3 i747m on AOKP
if not i dont need your 2 cents
lol, read more carefully and follow directions on that thread?
i have the telus s3, exact same phone on aokp
nope, you don't need my 2 cents... but i'll give you a hint: you'd get more help for this issue from the link Quasimodem wrote, more importantly post #3

If you have successfully followed all the steps in post 3, and still no joy, you might be hooped. maybe send it in to sammy, i've read of others whom have had their phones reflashed under warranty or for a small fee.

Last edited:
Re: &lt;&lt; GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada &gt;&gt;

You can go into About Phone => Status and check the network connectivity... Does it just bounce around from 4g to 3g or does something cause that?

OK so I had the 3g icon for like a second so I checked it out it said umts with a number. What does that mean?

Btw I'm on Rogers with AOKP and never had any data connection problems.

Edit: So I read up on it a bit. Umts is the technology that encompasses both hsdpa and hspa+. So I'm back to my original question. Is the fact that I only see 3g or 4g rom related? Is there something I could flash so my phone displays the full array of bandwidths 3g, h, h+ and 4g?
Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

PatcheZ

May 6, 2008
OK so I had the 3g icon for like a second so I checked it out it said umts with a number. What does that mean?

it probably showed something like umts II.
there are various bands of umts (or lte) used around the world

akadreday

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto
wavyseason.com
lol, read more carefully and follow directions on that thread?
i have the telus s3, exact same phone on aokp
nope, you don't need my 2 cents... but i'll give you a hint: you'd get more help for this issue from the link Quasimodem wrote, more importantly post #3

If you have successfully followed all the steps in post 3, and still no joy, you might be hooped. maybe send it in to sammy, i've read of others whom have had their phones reflashed under warranty or for a small fee.

ii thanks man this **** is jus stressful

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9

Edit: So I read up on it a bit. Umts is the technology that encompasses both hsdpa and hspa+. So I'm back to my original question. Is the fact that I only see 3g or 4g rom related? Is there something I could flash so my phone displays the full array of bandwidths 3g, h, h+ and 4g?

DId it do that on your own or where you in the process of sending a mms? i really don't think it's ROM related because it works sometimes.... what is the baseband?

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Ah the radio. It's LLH1 I tried all the updates but I keep coming back to this one. What does that have to do with anything?

Was wondering which one you were on and if you had tried any different ones to try and get better service... Typically it only drops out of LTE for a second when sending an MMS... but I don't believe it's a ROM issue... I'm not currently running task's but I've ran it enough and had solid 4g all the time...

Re: &lt;&lt; GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada &gt;&gt;

Was wondering which one you were on and if you had tried any different ones to try and get better service... Typically it only drops out of LTE for a second when sending an MMS... but I don't believe it's a ROM issue... I'm not currently running task's but I've ran it enough and had solid 4g all the time...

I'm sorry I must have not formulated my question properly. I have no problem with my lte reception. My question is, when I'm not on 4g(lte) why do I see 3g for hsdpa and hsupa instead of h and h+? I dont know how else to say this. Does aokp not have the h and h+ icons?

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I'm sorry I must have not formulated my question properly. I have no problem with my lte reception. My question is, when I'm not on 4g(lte) why do I see 3g for hsdpa and hsupa instead of h and h+? I dont know how else to say this. Does aokp not have the h and h+ icons?

Ahh... My apologies... In an AOSP ROM, if you see 3g at any point, it's HSDPA/HSUPA and H or H+ is HSDPA+/HSUPA or it could be called 3.5g... You truly are dropping into 3g, not H+.... I don't see it often, but I'm sure I could drive out to middle of nowhere and see 3g...

Reactions: mrnovanova

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you having issues with LTE on an AOSP ROM? Look here for information, and post any questions you may have about the subject.

First, we need to debunk the carrier's explanation of 4g. The carriers will explain to you that if it says 4g on the stock ROM you are using LTE. That is NOT true, 4g on the stock ROM is actually H, or H+, which is technically 3.5g, and not LTE. The stock ROM displays LTE as 4g LTE

So the first thing you need to do is make SURE you are in a location that has LTE coverage. Go to your carrier's website and verify with their coverage map

Coverage Maps:

AT&T
    Rogers
    Bell
    Telus

AOSP based ROMs display your true network connectivity as follows:

G = GPRS
    E = EDGE
    3g = 3g
    H = HSDPA / HSPA
    H+ = HSDPA+ / HSPA+
    4g = LTE

For Canadian users, you MUST verify LTE / GSM / WCDMA is selected.

The Dialer Code is *#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#4636#*#*). You will enter the Data Programming menu, to set it.

Here is an app that will access the menu for you:

LTEOnOFF

Reported ROMs the settings stick on reboot:

CM10
    SlimBean
    AOKP

Now you have to verify you are using the correct LTE APN settings, and if not, add it.
    You can access your APNs by "System Settings => More => Mobile networks => Access Point Names"

Here are the LTE settings for ALL US and Canadian carriers:

AT&T

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Rogers

APN - ltemobile.apn
    Proxy - <not set>
    Port - <not set>
    Username- <Not set>
    Passwors - <not set>
    Server < not set>
    MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
    MMS - Port 80
    MMS protocol - Wap 2.0 or Blank
    MCC - 302
    MNC - 720
    Aythentication type - < not set>
    APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Bell

APN: pda.bell.ca
    Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    Port:80
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:302
    MNC: 610
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: Not set

Telus

NAME: TELUS SP
    APN: sp.telus.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 220
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: default,mms,hipri
    Bearer: unspecified

Alaska Communications (ACS)
    2 APNs

Data APN:

Name: ACS Data
    APN: web.acs
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: “default,supl” or “*”

MMS APN:

Name: ACS MMS
    APN: mms.acs
    MMSC: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
    MMS proxy: 209.4.229.92
    MMS port: 9201
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)
    APN type: mms

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

-Frozen

Fido

apn: ltemobile.apn
    mmsc: http://mms.fido.ca
    mms proxy: 204.151.11.13
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 370
    apn type: internet +mms
    reserved for god
    My lte wasn't working when I flashed to cm10 yesterday. I did the steps you stated, deleted all other apn other than the rogerslte one and restarted my phone. It has been working since then.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Carrier? could you post your settings for help with the guide? If they look exactly the same, just say theyre the same...
    I'm with Rogers, everything is the same except for the mms protocol. I left mine blank instead of Wap 2.0

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

fixed, thx
    Could users of other AOSP ROMs comment on does it stick on reboot?