[TW][4.1.2] AOSP Group MMS Apk for TW Roms from cm10.1

Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Im running clean rom and group messaging works. The only thing is that the name and time stamp overlap at the moment. I flashed a theme from another thread that fixed the overlap issue but it got rid of all notifications that I received a text message. But group messaging does work to an extent.

So if you send a text to two or three people at the same time in one thread, their replies come back in that same text, not a separate individual text ?

For now I am running GO SMS, with ICS theme, it has Group texting option, working fine., But I hate third party text apps, they are slightly laggy, I just really like the stock AOSP Messaging app.

lancesng

Dec 30, 2012
So if you send a text to two or three people at the same time in one thread, their replies come back in that same text, not a separate individual text ?

For now I am running GO SMS, with ICS theme, it has Group texting option, working fine., But I hate third party text apps, they are slightly laggy, I just really like the stock AOSP Messaging app.

Yea. As long as you check off the group option in the settings

Reactions: Zorachus

outsidah

Feb 6, 2007
Works on CleanROM 4.5 but has issues. Text sent with an MMS overlaps the picture making it hard to read if at all. Selecting your own contact pic from the texting screen causes a FC.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Sorry I have been MIA for a while, been taking care of some life stuff. Mms.apk has various dependencies and all of the ROM's that I have seen so far have changes that make some things incompatible. I think the best course of action for anyone having problems is the grab the mms.apk from a 4.2.1 ROM and flash until you find one that works for you. I ported the framework over so you just need to find an apk that play's nice with your ROM or modify one or build one. That will be too much for me to do for every single ROM right now since I have some life stuff to take care of and I am happy most people have gotten it to work.

aceezy

Feb 7, 2013
Re: [TW][4.1.2] AOSP Group MMS Apk for TW Roms

Did anyone ever find a solution to the overlap without losing notifications? It's not that big of a deal the quick reply via notification pulldown is great!

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro

Anyone find a good mms apk for skynote 8.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.

Anyone find a good mms apk for skynote 8.1

I am on SKYNOTE v8, also looking for Group messaging app, with quick reply. I wish this mod worked here, but group does not work :(

I hate third party apps, like GO SMS, and Handcent, they are memory hogs, and laggy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Last edited:

smeatr0n

Jun 22, 2011
Langley

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread earlier, it's a holo themed MMS which doesn't have the bug where pictures are sent sideways. It worked with a mod like this on my gs3, but crashes when sending MMS with this mod. Could anyone who knows what to look for possibly be able to check this out?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39745119

Sent from my thumbs to your brain.

bigdawgs

Feb 14, 2013
re: AOSP GROUP MMS

Hello Regulusv7

i am new to this (iphone user prior). I am currently using Skynote 8.2 and I notice that you just updated the file. So I flash it, but i cannot received messages from iphone users when I sent a test message. Is there something else i'm missing? here's the framework2.jar for the skynote. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• framework2.jar
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

smeatr0n

Jun 22, 2011
Langley
This is great! The new update allows me to use the inverted MMS apk from my previous post! I didn't realise it was from cm 10.1, which would explain why it wasn't working before. Now I finally have the perfect setup! Woooooooo!

Sent from my thumbs to your brain.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Hello Regulusv7

i am new to this (iphone user prior). I am currently using Skynote 8.2 and I notice that you just updated the file. So I flash it, but i cannot received messages from iphone users when I sent a test message. Is there something else i'm missing? here's the framework2.jar for the skynote. Any help would be great.

Here you go

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdawgs

mrazwolverine

Feb 24, 2009
does the new version have an option to adjust compression on images being sent? currently the version I use compresses the image so much it's pixalated when received by the person I sent the image to. thx.

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012
Is there a way to go to dark mode, I enabled it in settings and wouldn't do anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported over the framework for the mms.ap from 4.2.2 and it has the Group Messaging Feature.

Steps:
    Backup your Messages [They will be Deleted, use something like sms backup or titanium backup.]
    Backup your ROM I did make Framework changes.
    Flash the zip it will delete you messages

If it doesn't work for you it may be your framework2.jar. Just send me it and I can merge it into yours. If it works for you let me know so I can update OP so everyone will know

4/28 - Added one with a Blacklist option. [You must flash the original first in order to get the framework files that you need] I did it like this so that I don't have to make one for every ROM and it will just change the apk. Group MMS on TW Blacklist apk.zip
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while, been taking care of some life stuff. Mms.apk has various dependencies and all of the ROM's that I have seen so far have changes that make some things incompatible. I think the best course of action for anyone having problems is the grab the mms.apk from a 4.2.1 ROM and flash until you find one that works for you. I ported the framework over so you just need to find an apk that play's nice with your ROM or modify one or build one. That will be too much for me to do for every single ROM right now since I have some life stuff to take care of and I am happy most people have gotten it to work.
    I tried textra and group mms is working. Can u theme this app? It would be great dark.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! ;)
    Does Group messaging work on this ? I am running SKYNOTE ROM

not trying to sound mean, but bro you've asked this many times, and it's been answered. read the OP. no, group messaging doesn't work. if he changed anything, he would update his OP. it only works on AOKP roms at the moment from what i know. skynote and cleanrom, etc are TW based so the group messaging feature will not work until someone figures out the issues. this mms apk seems the best so far in terms of being able to customize things without any errors from what I have seen. maybe PM the author of this thread and see what he says about group messaging and if he's found a fix. that's honestly your best bet. a lot of people don't care or lack the knowledge regarding such posts. it's better to research for yourself or seek out the appropriate people who seem to know more about this. i'm not one of those people, but this is the advice i can offer you. it's definitely a nice feature to have, but at the moment not available in this thread.

Is there an option to change the senders text? If I change to a black background, I cannot read the text that I'm sending.