[Q] Problems with google services (hangouts, calendar, Chrome, login error nag)

Search This thread

cnrd

Aug 29, 2010
Hi

I just got a new phone (Xperia Z Ultra), but whenever i try to login to my google account, the following happen.

The login works.
Hangouts fail with the following: "Couldnt sign in possible because theres a problem with google account permissions"
Chrome fail with: "Unable to sign in"
Calendar, music widget and information about people doesn't sync.
Google Now fails: "Network error"
Google+ fails: Could not connect to server
Google Play Games just close when opening.

and i keep having a yellow triangle in my notification shade: "Login error for --email--"

I have tried both stock, CM and PA.

I would be really really grateful if someone could come up with a fix!

Thanks

Last edited:

adi160699

Sep 14, 2013
Just remove your Google account and sign in again I hope it helps

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

smos08

May 1, 2013
i usually have to let google services update after flashing and then re-installing the apps from the store.

possible cause and fix

I had a hunch that it was something to do with my account security settings
Go to your Google account on the web, click on Security on the left menu, and look at the "Connected applications and sites" section (click on "review permissions")

I had an epic number of entries in there - so I started revoking access for a lot of duplicates, including about a dozen entries for Android Login Service (the downside of repeatedly rooting & ROMing, i guess).

1 reboot of my phone later, was asked to re-enter my password, and...

problems gone bye-bye! everything is syncing again.

I hope this helps others.

Reactions: cantevencode

filthnoir

Jun 26, 2011
brisbane
thanks, this worked great. i wasn't getting hangout convos or gmail. all sorted now. at least i know my fiance isn't ignoring me! :laugh:

ROBBED666

Mar 14, 2006
Had a problem with goggle now on my Galaxy tab. Would crash out on starting. So I uninstalled google now, then reinstalled WITHOUT the latest google now update All worked fine! Applied the latest update, again crashing out.

So uninstalled and re-installed again as above, but without the latest update, all working !

tsangaris

Oct 27, 2012
Larnaca
technewsstand.com
had several duplicated entries from my Galaxy S3, and i have removed them all. Also i removed the one from my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013.

Nothing seems to correct the issue with Google Now. Everything else works just fine..

yuukimoonstar

Mar 18, 2012
i fixed all accounts by removing them form the permissions in the security area. the only app that does not want to connect at all is Google hangouts. does anyone have any other idea?

Please?! thanks in advance

icemncmth

Feb 7, 2008
I just removed my N5 from my permissions and then rebooted the phone. Had to log back into my account and my Google Now Search started working again.

bagou01

Dec 17, 2008
i tried all these but with no luck.
can't connect to NOW from my usual account since this morning, while my other accounts work...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    possible cause and fix

I had a hunch that it was something to do with my account security settings
    Go to your Google account on the web, click on Security on the left menu, and look at the "Connected applications and sites" section (click on "review permissions")

I had an epic number of entries in there - so I started revoking access for a lot of duplicates, including about a dozen entries for Android Login Service (the downside of repeatedly rooting & ROMing, i guess).

1 reboot of my phone later, was asked to re-enter my password, and...

problems gone bye-bye! everything is syncing again.

I hope this helps others.