How much is a Droid Ultra Maxx DEV ED worth these days?

Search This thread

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005
Thinking about selling my VZW Ultra Maxx Dev Ed in mint condition.

How much could I get for it?

Thanks!

mushbert

Dec 14, 2013
Hiya, the going rate on ebay for 32GB models seems to be about USD $100 (used in good condition) to USD $150 (brand new). I haven't seen any developer editions yet, but as the only difference (afaik) is the color scheme and that you don't have to unlock the bootloader yourself, I'm not sure whether you'd get much more.

My opinion may be biased since I've been watching for an unlocked one though... If you decide to sell it I'd like to make an offer.

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005
I did end up listing it - it ends tonight so have a look if you are interested. PM me for direct link if you can't find it, I imagine it's against forum rules to post a link to an auction, etc - thanks!

reyxlp

Sep 20, 2005
It went for $128 on the bay.

That is probably my favorite phone that I've ever had and I'm bummed I sold it but I got tired of VZW's pricing combined with horrible international roaming options. When they jacked unlimited data to $50/mo last month (and w/o any heads up!) that was the last straw.

Also, maybe I'm just getting old but, I really got tired of not having one simple, comprehensive and "one-step" backup/restore/migrate option on Motorola Android phones. I'm not interested in storing my stuff on Google's (or anybody else's) servers and every Android app I tried (root or non-root) never got the job done completely.

I feel incredibly lame going back to iOS but I don't miss all the extra work. I feel like a dinosaur now lol but hey what can I say.. It's just easier for me.

I loved that phone tho, and I hope the new owner is the type of enthusiast user who will really appreciate it. I'm talking like it was my cherished dog or something, time to see a shrink :)