Paid Application available in INDIA

Search This thread
Mar 19, 2009
Guys,

I came across a news from androidcentral.com; sorry dont know how to post a link, that google is currently testing paid apps in india and few of the users are able to see them.

Is it true, anyone from india can shed some light on this. The only thing that i didnt like about my nexus one is that im unable to get the nice apps. Now, this will make life better in india.

Thank you

vsankarn

Jun 2, 2010
Hi,

I dont know about androidcentral.com. But if you want to use paid apps from the market, try "Market Enabler". And yeah, you need to be rooted for it to work.

~Sankar

lbcoder

Jan 21, 2009
Market enabler has been around since the beginning of paid applications. A few seconds worth of google search would have revealed it. Paid applications are available EVERYWHERE.

Mar 19, 2009
Yeah i do have market access, but the problem is when the google checkout screen comes after buy, my indian card is greyed out and there is an option to select another card but unfortunately there is no way to select India as the country.

So in my case, having only an indian credit card is impossible to buy apps.
Any workaroung guys other than getting myself a US applicable credit card

fabler

Aug 4, 2010
Ahmedabad
i use market access to see the paid apps but you need to have a valid credit card associated with the country listed under google to buy them. Thats why my card is invalid

Yeah... But I was talking about google's announcement of market availability in 20 other countries including india.. They have announced it yesterday.. But I still can't see apps in market.

stickerbob

Feb 3, 2010
KY
I received this email from the Android market. According to this it's over the next two weeks, so I would not worry quite yet.

"Hello,

We're writing to inform you about some changes to Android Market that require your attention.

Effective today, developers from 20 additional countries (Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan) can now sell paid apps on Android Market. Over the next 2 weeks, users from 18 new countries (Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, and Taiwan) will be able to purchase paid apps from Android Market.

Please see the related post at Android Developer Blog here:
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/

We encourage you to visit the Android Market developer console at http://market.android.com/publish to make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks, and we look forward to continue working with you on Android Market.

Sincerely,
The Android Market Team

Google, Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You are receiving this email to notify you of important changes to your Android Market account."

y2jamit

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah i do have market access, but the problem is when the google checkout screen comes after buy, my indian card is greyed out and there is an option to select another card but unfortunately there is no way to select India as the country.

So in my case, having only an indian credit card is impossible to buy apps.
Any workaroung guys other than getting myself a US applicable credit card

There is a workaround for this problem :p

1. Go to checkout.google.com on your PC & enter your primary Gmail account details.Make sure this account is also your primary account on your Android phone.
2. You can now register your credit card and also enter an Indian shipping address.
3. Now go to the list of providers in MarketAccess and select any provider.I chose the very 1st option T-Mobile US.
4. Once the SIM has been emulated, go to market. You should now be able to see paid apps.
5. Select any paid app which you want to buy and you will automatically be directed to the Google checkout option where your card will be listed.Select the card and proceed to buy the application.
6. Almost instantly you will receive an email from Google confirming your order details and the application will start downloading from market.

I have purchased about 8 apps from the market using this method right here from India. I am really happy that I am able to support the wonderful Android community by buying the apps. Hope you enjoy your paid apps :D