Nov 3, 2012
Tehran
sites.google.com
hi all motorola users
1st you must have Unlocked your motorola XT925
see this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797116
2nd you need custom recovery for example CWM for kitkat bootloader
you can download the stable kitkat cwm for XT925
from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/uxyrv1b17ctu5rv/CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
3rd you need root package
download from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8sptt6oy9m1xd6/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip
let's start :laugh:
put everything in adb folder and connected you XT925
adb wait-for-device
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
----------
disconnected you phone power off and go to bootloader again and then go CWM recovery and install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip
you can use the sideload options

good luck

hassoman_64

Dec 22, 2014
A little help please

hi all motorola users
1st you must have Unlocked your motorola XT925
see this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797116
2nd you need custom recovery for example CWM for kitkat bootloader
you can download the stable kitkat cwm for XT925
from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/uxyrv1b17ctu5rv/CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
3rd you need root package
download from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8sptt6oy9m1xd6/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip
let's start :laugh:
put everything in adb folder and connected you XT925
adb wait-for-device
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
----------
disconnected you phone power off and go to bootloader again and then go CWM recovery and install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip
you can use the sideload options

good luck

I apologize for my stupidity.
But, is there any chance for more advance step by step tutorial on this topic.
I have a filing that i'm going to miss something. My bootloader is unlocked now im trying to root my phone and install custom recovery on it. Currently on 4.4.2 kitkat motorola tx925.

s27moto

Nov 3, 2012
Tehran
sites.google.com
I apologize for my stupidity.
But, is there any chance for more advance step by step tutorial on this topic.
I have a filing that i'm going to miss something. My bootloader is unlocked now im trying to root my phone and install custom recovery on it. Currently on 4.4.2 kitkat motorola tx925.

it's so simple
1- unlocked bootloade
2- root you device
3-install recovery
4-install custom roms
5-install google apps

Quang Hung

Jan 11, 2015
Confusing with first step...

it's so simple
1- unlocked bootloade
2- root you device
3-install recovery
4-install custom roms
5-install google apps
Hi s27moto,

Thanks for your very clear guide. Btw, In 1 step (unlock bootloader) could you tell me more about this step:
0. My phone is RAZR HD Kitkat offical update, no root, bootloader locked.
1. Can I unlock it by using fastboot command with motopolycase that provided in following link in step 1 (4.4.2 kitkat) ?
2. I tried to unlock my phone using Motorolar website but It's say that my phone is not qualify. What can I do ?
Thanks you.

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Hi s27moto,

Thanks for your very clear guide. Btw, In 1 step (unlock bootloader) could you tell me more about this step:
0. My phone is RAZR HD Kitkat offical update, no root, bootloader locked.
1. Can I unlock it by using fastboot command with motopolycase that provided in following link in step 1 (4.4.2 kitkat) ?
2. I tried to unlock my phone using Motorolar website but It's say that my phone is not qualify. What can I do ?
Thanks you.
If you have a 926 and are on the latest FW, you can't unlock. If you have a 925, you should be able to unlock via Moto.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kadesxys

Jun 2, 2014
Vancouver
xt926 4.4.2 unlocked........

how do I get my root back after 4.4.2 update. all instruction lead to needing custom rom and or rooted. I have stock kk and my device is unlocked what would be the next step for installing a custom rom. hope I asked the question right

billycar11

And you did this after the OTA update to 4.4.2? I'll double check the drivers, since I use multiple phone types on my PC. Thanks.:)

yes i did this on 4.4.2

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

And you did this after the OTA update to 4.4.2? I'll double check the drivers, since I use multiple phone types on my PC. Thanks.:)

also here is updated recovery https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/557054829357707264
edit: i hate the sites he uploads to but you can figure out the right button

Reactions: gtan2589
Ok. I tried what you said (checked the drivers) and I'm getting this...

(bootloader) Variable bot supported!

Then it looks like it worked, but no joy. Ideas?

--Update--

Just tried with 'mfastboot' and it gave me no error this time and didn't freeze after 'writing recovery', i.e. actually finished the process. Still no TWRP recovery on the phone though.

Last edited:

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Ok. I tried what you said (checked the drivers) and I'm getting this...

(bootloader) Variable bot supported!

Then it looks like it worked, but no joy. Ideas?

--Update--

Just tried with 'mfastboot' and it gave me no error this time and didn't freeze after 'writing recovery', i.e. actually finished the process. Still no TWRP recovery on the phone though.
Are you booting directly back into recovery after flashing? If you don't, stock recovery will override it. After flashing, immediately power off the phone and boot straight into recovery.

Reactions: gtan2589
Are you booting directly back into recovery after flashing? If you don't, stock recovery will override it. After flashing, immediately power off the phone and boot straight into recovery.

I can't get that far. Whenever I try to flash the recovery, I get...
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280

C:\Users\Gaetano\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 109B(*)
(bootloader) product: vanquish_u
(bootloader) secure: yes
(bootloader) mid: 0056
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) serialno: TA24001ST4
(bootloader) qe: qe 0/1
(bootloader) unlocked: yes
(bootloader) iswarrantyvoid: yes
(bootloader) max-download-size: 31457280
(bootloader) emmc-size: 16GB
(bootloader) reason: Reboot to bootloader
(bootloader) revision-hardware: 0x8300
(bootloader) cpu: MSM8960 CS
(bootloader) uid: 93ABD20802000100000000000000
(bootloader) cid: 0x0e
all:
finished. total time: 0.031s

--UPDATE--

Got it!! I had to...

mfastboot erase cache

Then everything work perfectly!! Thanks, all.

Last edited:

euricko

Jan 12, 2012
Hello! I'm trying to root it, but it seems like I can't! Is it beacause my version is unable to do so? I have already unlocked the bootloader, flashed the CWM even tryed the TWRP, but I'm unable to do it from the PC and even by the ROM Manager App.
As I enter the recovery mode, there is always a opened up android robot with the !triangle

sistem vers: 180.46.117.XT925.Brasil.en.BR
running 4.4.2

where am I missing?

Thanks!

Hello! I'm trying to root it, but it seems like I can't! Is it beacause my version is unable to do so? I have already unlocked the bootloader, flashed the CWM even tryed the TWRP, but I'm unable to do it from the PC and even by the ROM Manager App.
As I enter the recovery mode, there is always a opened up android robot with the !triangle

sistem vers: 180.46.117.XT925.Brasil.en.BR
running 4.4.2

where am I missing?

Thanks!

Looks the same issue I had. When you are in bootloader (fastboot) did you try erasing the cache, then flash recovery?

euricko

Jan 12, 2012
Looks the same issue I had. When you are in bootloader (fastboot) did you try erasing the cache, then flash recovery?

sorry it took too long to answer you. now it won't be online on the adb. i think i've tried everything, new drivers, sdk update, debuggin on/off, delete certifieds pcs, reboot. I'm about to give up hahahah
I couldn't try to do "mfastboot erase cache" :(

sorry it took too long to answer you. now it won't be online on the adb. i think i've tried everything, new drivers, sdk update, debuggin on/off, delete certifieds pcs, reboot. I'm about to give up hahahah
I couldn't try to do "mfastboot erase cache" :(

Try it without the "m" (fastboot). "mfastboot" command only works if it's in the directory. If that doesn't do it, do a search for "mfastboot" (Motorola version of "fastboot"), put it in the same folder as "fastboot", and try again.

It took me almost 3 weeks of research and experimentation to find something that worked. Don't know how some people got it done so easily.

Reactions: euricko

Top Liked Posts