Clemsyn's OC kernel Atrix4g elite 2.6.32.55 now at 1.6 GHZ for Cyano and 1.5 for ATT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clemsyn

Sep 19, 2006
Hi, a friend came by and asked me to optimize his tegra. Thanks for faux123, we have an OC kernel. Made the following changes

1. Added JRCU with lazy to optimize RCU implementation of dual cores
2. Made INTERACTIVE (not powersave) default by making changes in cpufreq drivers
3. Made noop default (can be changed in ROM)
4. Overclocked settings from 216mhz - 1400000 mhz with voltage from 750mv - 1350 mv
5. AVP/VDE overclocked to 300000 mhz
6. GPU overclocked to 400000 mhz
7. Memory speed set at 333000mhz
8. Optimized utilization of dual-cores (cpu0 and cpu1) by making changes in how cpu1 is called.
9. Reverted a few changes in the overclocking code

Again, thanks to faux123 he saved me a lot of time ;) and made things a lot easier.

WARNING:

These timings are pretty aggressive and might not work for your atrix that is why I called it elite (fortunately my friend's Atrix handled the timings pretty well) so please backup.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 2/6/2012

1. Increased cyanogen overclocked speed to 1.6ghz!!!

Link:

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/Ultimate1.6eliteCyano.zip

Update: 1/30/2012

1. Updated to 2.6.32.55 (Thanks faux123)
2. Build for ATT and Cyano at 1.5 GHZ

ATT 1.5 ghz kernel

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynATT1.5elite.zip

Cyanogen 1.5 ghz kernel

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyno1.5elite.zip

BTW, if you like my work, please and help me buy some diapers. Thanks.

-----------------------------------
UPDATE: 1/28/2012

1. Increased overclocked to 1.5 ghz
2. Only for Cyanogenmod ROMs at the moment

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.5kernel.zip

UPDATE:

1. Updated to 2.6.32.48 with faux123 optimizations and changes
2. Added 1.0 ghz kernel for both att and cyanogenmod
3. Added a few optimizations in interactive governor to improve CPU sleep and wake
4. Added 1.4 ghz for att
5. Added 1.4 with aggressive memory timings for Cyanogen

ATT VERSION 11/22/2011

1.0 ghz ELITE version

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynATT1.0elite.zip

1.4 ghz ELITE version

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynATT1.4elite.zip

Source

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/kernel2.tar.gz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYANOGEN VERSION 11/22/2011

1.0 ghz ELITE version Cyanogen

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.0.zip

1.4 ghz ELITE version Cyanogen

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.4.zip

1.4 GHZ Elite version with a more aggressive memory timings Cyanogen

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.4memorytimings.zip

BTW, if you like my work, please don't hesitate to click on the donation button under my sig and help me buy some diapers :) It will be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older version

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanogenElite.zip

I suggest you use system tuner in the market to tweak voltages/governor/io scheduler and SD cachesize

SOURCE : www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/kernel.tar.gz

BTW, if you want 1ghz or 1.2 ghz max overclock here are the steps.

Install system tuner ==>Tweaks===> CPU and bring the top slider down to your desired speed (1ghz or 1.2 ghz) and that will prevent the phone from going higher your desired speed

BTW, if you like my work, pls dont hesitate to click on the donate button under my sig. Thanks.

Last edited:

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
It says "elite", but do you know how many people are going to flash this (that shouldnt be flashing this) and flood this thread with "noob questions"?

God speed my friend, God speed...

Reactions: t0dbld

clemsyn

Sep 19, 2006
It says "elite", but do you know how many people are going to flash this (that shouldnt be flashing this) and flood this thread with "noob questions"?

God speed my friend, God speed...

I have no issue with noob questions, BTW, I am a kernel dev for Gtablet, Adam and Asus Transformer so this is not my first release and I am familiar with the kernel code for the tegras ;)

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Took it for a spin just now. -100mv on all levels undervolt. Quadrant completed 3x with no issues. Best score was 5024

On nightly 19

*edit* 150 and 200mv under lock my phone instantly but -100 on all levels seems rock solid and the phone feels snappy. Ill report back tomorrow night after a day of normal use (unless something else to flash comes out)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Whoever tries this kernel out, please post back results of what its currently doing and a few days after. I would personally try it but, my phone needs to be stable for my job and college.

Sent from my Atrix XDA Premium App

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
Whoever tries this kernel out, please post back results of what its currently doing and a few days after. I would personally try it but, my phone needs to be stable for my job and college.

Sent from my Atrix XDA Premium App

Flashed this on nightly build #20 ended up not booting so I cleared the caches again and next restart put me in an endless bootloop. Restored my backup gonna try a different cyanogen build with this. Anybody who has success please let everyone know what cyanogen build you are on? Gonna try this with the weekly build next. :D

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
Awesome. UVed -170 on all for now. -175 randomly rebooted after a couple minutes. Gonna work myself down until it's stable. Knowing that every step is going to be UVed to the max 100 mV limit makes UVing a LOT easier. You only have to worry about the top step.

Reactions: Dav0

treehumper

Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta
Took it for a spin just now. -100mv on all levels undervolt. Quadrant completed 3x with no issues. Best score was 5024

*edit* 150 and 200mv under lock my phone instantly but -100 on all levels seems rock solid and the phone feels snappy. Ill report back tomorrow night after a day of normal use (unless something else to flash comes out)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I couldn't go past -100 either but it was stable at that level. Pretty solid Antutu ratings: 6539, 6767, 6774

I'm sure if I pushed it I could do better, however that hammered stability pretty well. We'll see how it goes battery-wise as well. Thanks for the upload!

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
Is there any chance you can make a 1.5ghz version? Not for all use but it would be fun to have. I know Kholk has one so isn't it possible?

Beeboobop

Aug 16, 2011
Successfully flashed. I notice smoother screen transitions and scrolling. Not placebo, as the previous at 1.45 ghz had a very slight lag time when swiping to a different home screen. Also nice bench score on cf-bench (7800s) Thank you very much!

treehumper

Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta
Just it UV'd -150 on all, hammering CF-bench. Looking pretty stable so far, and I like how it handled Quadrant earlier, I saw some positive spikes in FPS and it was smoother overall. I don't put much stock in Quadrant tests but nonetheless. Will throw up some Nenamark test as soon as I'm done hammering CF-bench.

treehumper

Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta
Big Thanks to you ;) I won't be developing much for the atrix since I just developed it for my friend but I just wanted to share what I made. Currently uploading the source (Ive got a really slow internet)

It gives us something to play with. I'm more of a 1.0GHz Blur-oriented ROM user but I like new toys, and thank you for uploading it for us junkies. :cool:

clemsyn

Sep 19, 2006
Is there any chance you can make a 1.5ghz version? Not for all use but it would be fun to have. I know Kholk has one so isn't it possible?

I actually though about pushing it to 1.6 ghz but was very hesitant since I didn't own the device and it didn't have enough room in there the disipate the heat. I just played safe with 1.4 but 1.5 should be no issue. If I get the chance to get the atrix again, I'll try to push it to 1.6 and make one for att gingerbread.

Beeboobop

Aug 16, 2011
I actually though about pushing it to 1.6 ghz but was very hesitant since I didn't own the device and it didn't have enough room in there the disipate the heat. I just played safe with 1.4 but 1.5 should be no issue. If I get the chance to get the atrix again, I'll try to push it to 1.6 and make one for att gingerbread.

mother-meme-th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, a friend came by and asked me to optimize his tegra. Thanks for faux123, we have an OC kernel. Made the following changes

1. Added JRCU with lazy to optimize RCU implementation of dual cores
    2. Made INTERACTIVE (not powersave) default by making changes in cpufreq drivers
    3. Made noop default (can be changed in ROM)
    4. Overclocked settings from 216mhz - 1400000 mhz with voltage from 750mv - 1350 mv
    5. AVP/VDE overclocked to 300000 mhz
    6. GPU overclocked to 400000 mhz
    7. Memory speed set at 333000mhz
    8. Optimized utilization of dual-cores (cpu0 and cpu1) by making changes in how cpu1 is called.
    9. Reverted a few changes in the overclocking code

Again, thanks to faux123 he saved me a lot of time ;) and made things a lot easier.

WARNING:

These timings are pretty aggressive and might not work for your atrix that is why I called it elite (fortunately my friend's Atrix handled the timings pretty well) so please backup.

Update: 2/6/2012

1. Increased cyanogen overclocked speed to 1.6ghz!!!

Link:

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/Ultimate1.6eliteCyano.zip

Update: 1/30/2012

1. Updated to 2.6.32.55 (Thanks faux123)
    2. Build for ATT and Cyano at 1.5 GHZ

ATT 1.5 ghz kernel

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynATT1.5elite.zip

Cyanogen 1.5 ghz kernel

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyno1.5elite.zip

BTW, if you like my work, please and help me buy some diapers. Thanks.

UPDATE: 1/28/2012

1. Increased overclocked to 1.5 ghz
    2. Only for Cyanogenmod ROMs at the moment

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.5kernel.zip

UPDATE:

1. Updated to 2.6.32.48 with faux123 optimizations and changes
    3. Added a few optimizations in interactive governor to improve CPU sleep and wake
    4. Added 1.4 ghz for att
    5. Added 1.4 with aggressive memory timings for Cyanogen

ATT VERSION 11/22/2011

1.0 ghz ELITE version

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynATT1.0elite.zip

1.4 ghz ELITE version

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynATT1.4elite.zip

Source

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/kernel2.tar.gz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYANOGEN VERSION 11/22/2011

1.0 ghz ELITE version Cyanogen

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.0.zip

1.4 ghz ELITE version Cyanogen

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.4.zip

1.4 GHZ Elite version with a more aggressive memory timings Cyanogen

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanoElite1.4memorytimings.zip

BTW, if you like my work, please don't hesitate to click on the donation button under my sig and help me buy some diapers :) It will be appreciated. Thanks.

Older version

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/ClemsynCyanogenElite.zip

I suggest you use system tuner in the market to tweak voltages/governor/io scheduler and SD cachesize

SOURCE : www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/kernel.tar.gz

BTW, if you want 1ghz or 1.2 ghz max overclock here are the steps.

Install system tuner ==>Tweaks===> CPU and bring the top slider down to your desired speed (1ghz or 1.2 ghz) and that will prevent the phone from going higher your desired speed

BTW, if you like my work, pls dont hesitate to click on the donate button under my sig. Thanks.
    Changes

1. Updated to 2.6.32.48 with faux123 optimzations and changes ;)

Let me know of any issues. Also, due to aggressive timings, it might not work in your device.
    1.6 ghz elite now up :)

Please don't hold me responsible for breaking your phone with this Ultimate overclock. This is the maximum speed my Atrix can go (while staying within Nvidia's voltage limits). I tried to go 1.7, 1.65, 1.612...all of them are no go..so 1.6 it is.
    update this kernel to latest version 2.6.32.48 please. congrulations very very smoother !

No problem ;)